Montana Recruits 2020

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
technoCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3103
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by technoCat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:41 am

lakesbison wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:10 pm
Kansas State just stole a NDSU recruit (our old coach) at the last possible day, that's what sucks about FCS sometimes. grrr
Better than losing one to Western Kentucky... :oops:


DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

User avatar
JDoub
Member # Retired
Posts: 2492
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Salt Lake City (SL,UT)

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by JDoub » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:57 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:11 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:51 pm
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:59 am
So Vim, I noticed that Jake D'Agostino isn't anywhere on any of your lists. May I ask if he's made a jump into your top 50 since football season started?
Wouldn't have been on my preseason list because he had no real varsity experience on offense or defense. Had some on defense his junior year but nothing to really note as a top prospect. It also wasn't a Connor Ryan situation where a player plays sparingly his junior season but the primary reason was sitting behind two all-state players at safety. Connor ended his junior year with a great track season and followed it up with an exceptional summer football camp circuit. I didn't really give much consideration to Jake. As usual, I'll take a look at the tape, stats, measurables, and accolades prior to figuring him into the final Top 50.
That makes sense. I knew I'd never heard of him, which isn't weird for me, but I figured he kind of came out of nowhere. Thanks for the answer.
Cats should look at anyone with that last name, coming out of Bozeman, on pedigree alone :D



FTG247365
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by FTG247365 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:41 pm

technoCat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:41 am
lakesbison wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:10 pm
Kansas State just stole a NDSU recruit (our old coach) at the last possible day, that's what sucks about FCS sometimes. grrr
Better than losing one to Western Kentucky... :oops:
I think after the year Robinson had he was bound for FBS ranks, thought it might have been a different school. Plus us bringing in a drop down QB probably didn't sit well for him. Oh well. He'll have to live in Kentucky vs. Montana. Blue grass or mountains?



User avatar
WeedKillinCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1903
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:19 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by WeedKillinCat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:55 am

technoCat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:41 am
lakesbison wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:10 pm
Kansas State just stole a NDSU recruit (our old coach) at the last possible day, that's what sucks about FCS sometimes. grrr
Better than losing one to Western Kentucky... :oops:
Paddle faster...I hear banjos playing..... :mrgreen:


1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:04 am

What about the Hogan kid who is getting fbs offers for long snapping from bozeman. How come he hasnt been mentioned of on any sorts?



bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3534
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:47 am

GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:04 am
What about the Hogan kid who is getting fbs offers for long snapping from bozeman. How come he hasnt been mentioned of on any sorts?
Good grief. I like to think I follow recruiting pretty heavily, and I didn't even know they had LS rankings!

Anyways, I'd assume he's waiting until February to sign.



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7323
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:52 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:47 am
GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:04 am
What about the Hogan kid who is getting fbs offers for long snapping from bozeman. How come he hasnt been mentioned of on any sorts?
Good grief. I like to think I follow recruiting pretty heavily, and I didn't even know they had LS rankings!

Anyways, I'd assume he's waiting until February to sign.
We have two long-snappers on the roster right now that do a fine job (Logan McDonald and Logan Gilliard). He also has an offer from Utah State.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
kennethnoisewater
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1860
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Bigfork, MT

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:45 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:52 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:47 am
GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:04 am
What about the Hogan kid who is getting fbs offers for long snapping from bozeman. How come he hasnt been mentioned of on any sorts?
Good grief. I like to think I follow recruiting pretty heavily, and I didn't even know they had LS rankings!

Anyways, I'd assume he's waiting until February to sign.
We have two long-snappers on the roster right now that do a fine job (Logan McDonald and Logan Gilliard). He also has an offer from Utah State.
Isn't Kyle Finch doing some long snapping too?


Image

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7323
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:48 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:45 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:52 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:47 am
GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:04 am
What about the Hogan kid who is getting fbs offers for long snapping from bozeman. How come he hasnt been mentioned of on any sorts?
Good grief. I like to think I follow recruiting pretty heavily, and I didn't even know they had LS rankings!

Anyways, I'd assume he's waiting until February to sign.
We have two long-snappers on the roster right now that do a fine job (Logan McDonald and Logan Gilliard). He also has an offer from Utah State.
Isn't Kyle Finch doing some long snapping too?
He is. But he'll be a senior next year as well.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
kennethnoisewater
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1860
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Bigfork, MT

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:56 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:48 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:45 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:52 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:47 am
GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:04 am
What about the Hogan kid who is getting fbs offers for long snapping from bozeman. How come he hasnt been mentioned of on any sorts?
Good grief. I like to think I follow recruiting pretty heavily, and I didn't even know they had LS rankings!

Anyways, I'd assume he's waiting until February to sign.
We have two long-snappers on the roster right now that do a fine job (Logan McDonald and Logan Gilliard). He also has an offer from Utah State.
Isn't Kyle Finch doing some long snapping too?
He is. But he'll be a senior next year as well.
Oh, heh, yeah good point. #-o


Image

bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3534
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:14 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:48 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:45 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:52 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:47 am
GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:04 am
What about the Hogan kid who is getting fbs offers for long snapping from bozeman. How come he hasnt been mentioned of on any sorts?
Good grief. I like to think I follow recruiting pretty heavily, and I didn't even know they had LS rankings!

Anyways, I'd assume he's waiting until February to sign.
We have two long-snappers on the roster right now that do a fine job (Logan McDonald and Logan Gilliard). He also has an offer from Utah State.
Isn't Kyle Finch doing some long snapping too?
He is. But he'll be a senior next year as well.
Oh geez. I thought he was a SR this year. Awesome! More DL depth coming back.



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6071
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by catatac » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:14 pm

Speaking of DL..... are we going to be better at DL in 2020 than we were in 2019? Before we start a riot here, hear me out! :lol:

I would have bet anyone $1,000 that our DL was going to take a step back from 2018 to 2019 with the amount of talent we graduated. I would have been out $1,000.

I have no idea if all the players on our 2020 DL are currently on the roster or not, but I do know Choate has proven time and time again that we really are in a place where we reload rather than rebuild, especially on the DL. Personally I think there will be one or two massive transfers coming to shore up the interior and provide depth but we'll see.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3534
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:50 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:14 pm
Speaking of DL..... are we going to be better at DL in 2020 than we were in 2019? Before we start a riot here, hear me out! :lol:

I would have bet anyone $1,000 that our DL was going to take a step back from 2018 to 2019 with the amount of talent we graduated. I would have been out $1,000.

I have no idea if all the players on our 2020 DL are currently on the roster or not, but I do know Choate has proven time and time again that we really are in a place where we reload rather than rebuild, especially on the DL. Personally I think there will be one or two massive transfers coming to shore up the interior and provide depth but we'll see.
I'm not at all worried about our DL, but I don't think they'll be as good as the 2019 line. Sterk and Marks are hard to replace.



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6071
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by catatac » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:00 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:50 pm
catatac wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:14 pm
Speaking of DL..... are we going to be better at DL in 2020 than we were in 2019? Before we start a riot here, hear me out! :lol:

I would have bet anyone $1,000 that our DL was going to take a step back from 2018 to 2019 with the amount of talent we graduated. I would have been out $1,000.

I have no idea if all the players on our 2020 DL are currently on the roster or not, but I do know Choate has proven time and time again that we really are in a place where we reload rather than rebuild, especially on the DL. Personally I think there will be one or two massive transfers coming to shore up the interior and provide depth but we'll see.
I'm not at all worried about our DL, but I don't think they'll be as good as the 2019 line. Sterk and Marks are hard to replace.
Totally agree with the bold part, and we'll see. I thought no way in hell we lose three starters from 2018 in Fa'Anono, Yates, and Wright and get better but there it was. I'm not stating we'll again improve there and be better in 2020 but it wouldn't surprise me in the lease if it happened. Choate seems to find a way to get it done, be it with existing players, transfers, or FBS drop downs.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7323
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:06 am

Archiving the preseason 2019 Top 50. Stay tuned for the final throughout January!

VimSince03's Top 50 Montana Recruits for 2020 Class (Preseason Edition):

1.) Carson Rostad (Hamilton) - QB - 6'3", 215 lbs. (Montana)
2.) Jaxon Lee (Missoula Sentinel) - WR/DB - 6'1", 190 lbs. (Montana)
3.) McCade O'Reilly (Bozeman) - FB/LB - 6'0", 210 lbs. (Montana State)
4.) DeMarcus Carr (Billings West) - RB - 5'11", 195 lbs.
5.) Tommy Mellot (Butte) - QB - 6'0", 180 lbs. (Montana State)
6.) Drew Deck (Kalispell Glacier) - WR - 5'9", 155 lbs. (Montana)
7.) Max Anderson (Kalispell Flathead) - OL - 6'3", 270 lbs.
8.) Hayden Ferguson (Helena High) - ATH - 6'2", 200 lbs.
9.) Aaron Richards (Butte Central) - OL/DL - 6'4", 280 lbs. (Montana State)
10.) Rollie Worster (Missoula Hellgate) - ATH - 6'3", 205 lbs. (Utah State - basketball)

11.) Trey Yates (Colstrip) - DL - 6'1", 250 lbs. (Montana State)
12.) Parker Johnston (Helena Capital) - WR - 6'0", 165 lbs.
13.) Hank Rugg (Frenchtown) - DE/LB - 6'3", 190 lbs.
14.) Conor Reitler (Billings Skyview) - OL - 6'4", 275 lbs. (Montana State)
15.) Journey Grimsrud (Huntley Project) - OL/DL - 6'3", 245 lbs. (Montana)
16.) Connor Ryan (Billings West) - WR/S - 6'1", 195 lbs. (Montana State)
17.) Konor McClafferty (Butte) - OL - 6'5", 230 lbs.
18.) Asher Croy (Bozeman) - RB/DE - 6'0", 210 lbs. (Montana)
19.) Chance Sheldon-Allen (Kalispell Flathead) - WR/DB - 5'9", 160 lbs.
20.) Keeley Bake (Fairfield) - WR/DB - 5'10", 165 lbs.

21.) Tucker Jones (Hamilton) - FB/LB - 5'10", 190 lbs.
22.) Tanner Russell (Kalispell Flathead) - LB - 5'11", 180 lbs.
23.) Jess Bellows (Miles City) - WR/DB - 5'10", 160 lbs. (South Dakota State - Baseball)
24.) Colby Kohlman (Florence) - QB/ATH - 5'11", 185 lbs.
25.) Gabe Longin (Great Falls High) - RB/DB - 5'11", 185 lbs.
26.) Jaden Bienvenue (Billings West) - OL/DL - 6'1", 250 lbs.
27.) Cody Asbeck (Fairview) - WR/DB - 5'11", 165 lbs.
28.) Jake Kindel (Eureka) - FB/LB - 6'0", 210 lbs.
29.) Josh Erbacher (Billings West) - QB - 6'4", 190 lbs.
30.) Joshua Macy (Billings Skyview) - ATH - 5'10", 160 lbs.

31.) Hank Dunn (Eureka) - QB/S - 6'0", 170 lbs. (Crew Baseball Prep Academy)
32.) Oran Nash-Bergen (Billings Senior) - WR - 5'6", 140 lbs.
33.) Matt Simkins (Butte Central) - TE/WR - 6'5", 190 lbs.
34.) Ben Maehl (Missoula Big Sky) - WR/S - 6'2", 190 lbs.
35.) Mason Dionne (Havre) - RB - 5'11", 200 lbs.
36.) Tanner Parsons (Shelby) - 6'1", 200 lbs.
37.) Liam Haffey (Missoula Loyola) - OL - 6'4", 260 lbs.
38.) Morgan Harmon (Billings Senior) - DE - 6'3", 210 lbs.
39.) Kameron Moreno (Butte) - RB - 5'9", 200 lbs.
40.) Francis Werk (Malta) - OL - 6'6", 285 lbs.

41.) Basil Coutinho (Missoula Loyola) - TE/LB/DE - 6'2", 195 lbs.
42.) Justus Peterson (Dillon) - QB/ATH - 6'3", 180 lbs.
43.) Finnegan Davis (Red Lodge) - RB/ATH - 5'10", 180 lbs.
44.) Mason Harding (Miles City) - OL/DL - 6'4", 240 lbs.
45.) Kadyn Craigle (Helena Capital) - FB/LB - 5'10", 185 lbs.
46.) Tel Lunde (Wibaux) - ATH - 5'10", 165 lbs.
47.) Bridger Grovom (Helena Capital) - QB - 6'0", 160 lbs.
48.) Quinn Sullivan (Butte) - WR - 6'0", 180 lbs.
49.) Brad Nieves (Columbia Falls) - LB - 5'11", 210 lbs.
50.) Carson McGinness (Centerville) - QB/S - 6'0", 170 lbs.

Others in Consideration:

Aidan Barrows (Miles City) - RB/LB
Alex Schriver (Fairview) - QB/ATH
Avery Stiles (Jefferson) - QB/S
Ben Held (Great Falls) - LB
Blake Danielson (Missoula Loyola) - QB/ATH
Bo Hakert (Billings Central) - OL
Brandon Coladonato (Missoula Hellgate) - WR
Brandon Schmid (Missoula Sentinel) - LB/S
Brandon Spencer (Missoula Big Sky) - OL/DL
Brayden Stone (Columbia Falls) - S
Braydon Cromwell (Scobey) - TE/DE
Brent Clark (Bozeman) - WR
Brian Wells (Kalispell Flathead) - S
Brock Ping (Billings Senior) - RB
Brock Proulx (Big Sandy) - FB/LB
Bryce Danielson (Missoula Loyola) - WR/DB
Bryce Nelson (CMR) - ATH
Cade Baker (Frenchtown) - DB
Carter Ash (Bozeman) - WR/DB
Charlie Parken (Billings Central) - S
Chet McCulley (Eureka) - ATH
Colby Kohlman (Florence) - ATH
Cole Dalager (Kalispell Flathead) - OL
Conner Klick (Fairfield) - LB
Cooper Craig (Bozeman) - CB
Derek Nygaard (Jefferson) - OL
Dylan Perrine (Frenchtown) - DL
Ed Murnion (Jordan) - LB
Elijah Byrd (Gardiner) - RB/ATH
Ethan Renner (Laurel) - RB
Gabe Gonsioroski (Richey/Lambert) - QB/ATH
Garrett Dostal (Billings Senior) - DL
Henry Nuce (Kalispell Glacier) - DL
Hunter Morse (Billings West) - FB
Jack Gauthier (Livingston) - DE
Jack Kline (Miles City) - S
Jade Morast (Dillon) - OL/DL
Jadon Lamb (Townsend) - DE
Jake Hughes (Twin Bridges) - WR/ATH
Josh Lee (Helena Capital) - OL/DL
Kaelan Casey (Helena Capital) - FB
Kasee Henderson (Havre) - OL
Keegan Barnes (CMR) - WR/DE
Keenan Murnion (Jordan) - LB
Kobe Moreno (Butte) - RB
Kyler Crabtree (Choteau) - WR/DB
Kyler Tesch (Helena High) - WR/DB
Logan Brown (Helena High) - RB
Lucas Kingston (Butte) - OL
Mark Clark (Shelby) - OL
Mason Murray (Hamilton) - WR/DB
Morgan Harmon (Billings Senior) - DE/OLB
Nelson Crisafulli (Glendive) - RB
Nelson Smith (Darby) - QB/LB
Nick Mitzel (Missoula Loyola) - ATH
Paxton Boyce (Kalispell Flathead) - LB
Preston Erhlich (Red Lodge) - OL/DL
Ridge Sargent (Westby/Grenora) - WR/ATH
Rory Jessop (Hamilton) - WR/S
Scout Allen (Butte) - S
Spencer Oldenburger (Manhattan) - OL/DL
Talon Fortner (Ennis) - OL/DL
Tanner Parsons (Shelby) - LB
Tanner Rae (Roundup) - DB
Tanner Smith (Malta) - WR/DB
Taylor Gladeau (Columbia Falls) - OL
Thomas McGree (Butte Central) - QB/WR
Tom Walkup (Bozeman) - OL
Tommy Campbell (Columbus) - TE/DE
Torin Jackson (Missoula Sentinel) - DL
Trevon Fisher (Browning) - ATH
Trey Green (Alberton/Superior) - RB
Troy Fiscarelli (Park City) - OLB
Tyler Schaff (Huntley Project) - DL
Wyatt Rigby (Drummond/Philipsburg) - LB
Zack Tallman (Billings West) - S
Zane McCormick (Helena Capital) - LB


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

blueandgoldblitz
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1148
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:32 am

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! It's finally here! I'm so excited!


We could say TG makes the freshman wear pink thongs to every practice and you would say, "I'm so glad he left Missoula he tried that here and it didn't work either. LOL LMAF OMG LOL BAE" and whatever else you fruits over in Missoula say -Hi-Line

User avatar
HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6560
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Helena, Montana

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:52 am

When does the Great Falls Trib SuperState list come out?



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7323
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:28 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:52 am
When does the Great Falls Trib SuperState list come out?
Should be soon. Came out on Dec. 31 in 2018.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9052
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:47 pm



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

msutrackfan
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:45 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2020

Post by msutrackfan » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:12 am

On December 20, 2019, Max Anderson@MaxAnde11913973 committed to play at Montana Tech and Chance Sheldon-Allen@ChanceSheldonA1 committed to play @UMWBulldogs. Just an update for you VimSince03.



Post Reply