Facilities - Coach Choate

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Facilities - Coach Choate

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:34 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:23 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:52 pm
I don't understand why it has been THIS difficult to raise money for these projects...……

I know its a lot of money, and its definitely easier said then done...… but my god, there is so much stinkin money in the Bozeman area right now, its crazy!
Maybe this?

http://www.montana.edu/news/18359/msu-s ... d-programs

If you look at the breakdown by goal, most areas went over. It would be nice if the administration would allocate some of that money to start breaking ground on the athletic plan.

that kinda just plays into my original point...………. so the school is able to raise $400 million for academic stuff...…. :shock: :shock: :shock: which is frickin nuts! and obviously a very important thing, well done!!!...…….. but is unable to raise like 16 million for the athletic side of things...………..

:-k :-k :-k

Like I said in my original post, I just don't understand why this is proving to be so difficult.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Catbacker_1
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catbacker_1 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:53 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:45 am
BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:18 am
gtapp wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:03 am
So if we do the end zone project (which would be great) but not replace the east side stands how would that look? You would have a mismatch at both ends. So rusty stands that don't line up with both end zones and gaps in between. Does that really help us much?
The conceptual drawing are all on line in the facilities plan documents so you can view... link provided in other parts of several threads.

It doesn't look bad based on what I saw. But then they are artist drawing. In reality probably not look "fancy" but functional.

And future parts of plans will take care of east stands. Just where you prioritize it. I am sure if someone wanted to cough up $100mm they would address it all now. I like the long term plan, I just am lacking even $100k to help fund it.
Phase 1 is the football operations building. It does not technically have anything to do with the stadium.

It’s going to be built in place of the current buildings that are in the north end zone, but for the purposes of this plan, this is not a football stadium item.

The first thing they’re going to officially do to the stadium is replace the east bleachers. But this is after the operations building and I believe maybe even after the indoor practice facility, so yes, years away.

So phase 1 of the football stadium is the east bleachers, but this is really something like phase 3 or 4 of the entire athletic plan.

Phase 2 of the stadium is to bowl in the north end zone, between the new operations building and the field. Then phase 3 of the stadium, which I believe is the final phase of this whole plan, so 20 years away in theory, is to renovate and add on to the Sky Boxes on the West sideline.
Doesn't the football operations building also include a new home locker room? Its been awhile since I've reviewed the plan so honestly I don't remember, but wouldn't that be part of the stadium.

Image.
It’s spelled offense and defense

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:58 pm

Catbacker_1 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:53 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
gtapp wrote:
So if we do the end zone project (which would be great) but not replace the east side stands how would that look? You would have a mismatch at both ends. So rusty stands that don't line up with both end zones and gaps in between. Does that really help us much?
The conceptual drawing are all on line in the facilities plan documents so you can view... link provided in other parts of several threads.

It doesn't look bad based on what I saw. But then they are artist drawing. In reality probably not look "fancy" but functional.

And future parts of plans will take care of east stands. Just where you prioritize it. I am sure if someone wanted to cough up $100mm they would address it all now. I like the long term plan, I just am lacking even $100k to help fund it.
Phase 1 is the football operations building. It does not technically have anything to do with the stadium.

It’s going to be built in place of the current buildings that are in the north end zone, but for the purposes of this plan, this is not a football stadium item.

The first thing they’re going to officially do to the stadium is replace the east bleachers. But this is after the operations building and I believe maybe even after the indoor practice facility, so yes, years away.

So phase 1 of the football stadium is the east bleachers, but this is really something like phase 3 or 4 of the entire athletic plan.

Phase 2 of the stadium is to bowl in the north end zone, between the new operations building and the field. Then phase 3 of the stadium, which I believe is the final phase of this whole plan, so 20 years away in theory, is to renovate and add on to the Sky Boxes on the West sideline.
Doesn't the football operations building also include a new home locker room? Its been awhile since I've reviewed the plan so honestly I don't remember, but wouldn't that be part of the stadium.
That’s my understanding. I believe the new facility completely removes football from the fieldhouse.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:22 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:58 pm
Catbacker_1 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:53 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
gtapp wrote:

That’s my understanding. I believe the new facility completely removes football from the fieldhouse.
Yes, I believe there is a new home locker room in the new football operations building. So there would be some benefit to the stadium when that building is done.

I’m just going off the info that they have released. Technically the football stadium improvements/additions are broken down into 3 phases. But none of these are a part of phase 1 of the overall athletic plan.

Stadium:
1. East Bleachers
2. North End Zone bowl
3. West Side Sky Box Renovations.
The Football operations building isn’t included in the official stadium breakdown, even though it’s right there and there will be some benefit to the stadium.

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:26 pm

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:27 pm

Overall Athletic Master Plan, phase 1:

https://msubobcats.com/sports/2017/9/20 ... spx?id=352

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm

OK, now I get it. The phase one effort does not include the end zone stands, just the football offices and locker rooms. The stadium will look the same.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:41 pm

gtapp wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm
OK, now I get it. The phase one effort does not include the end zone stands, just the football offices and locker rooms. The stadium will look the same.
Well...the north endzone will have a different look because there will be a brand new building. But yes, no changes to the structure of the actual stadium in Phase 1.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

FTG_1984
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FTG_1984 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:53 am

BUILD THE FACILITIES!!

BUILD THE WALL!!

topshelfthepuck
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by topshelfthepuck » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:09 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:41 pm
gtapp wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm
Well...the north endzone will have a different look because there will be a brand new building. But yes, no changes to the structure of the actual stadium in Phase 1.
My understanding from reading the Master Plan is the Football Operations Building (Bobcat Athletic Complex) has the potential for a Super Suite Addition, obviously depending on what total funding comes in on this first phase. So in the conceptual drawing I'm assuming those are the two stories of glass windows above the eventual 2,000 seat North Endzone (phase 7) Project.

I don't know if that addition is realistic, considering we are having a tough time reaching the 16 million goal that would build the structure without any of the additions discussed. However, I would think if MSU can somehow get those built then at least there would be potential for profits immediately from the Athletic Master Plan. That in turn may help the continued funding for the other phases planned.

Wishful thinking maybe!

Caturday
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Caturday » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:48 am

In Costello’s mass email today, he says they are just over $10m raised for phase 1. Sounds like architectural plans are being worked on currently so they can hit the ground with shovels as soon as the $16m mark is reached. i.e. they have already started spending some of the $10m for the architectural plans and the project is moving forward.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:08 am

I like it. Big donations. Small donations. It's all money.

If XL Country can raise 150K in two days for Partner in Hope (which is ****** awesome by the way)...there's no reason we can't keep this facilities train rolling as well.

If you have the means donate to Partner of Hope today too!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:23 am

Caturday wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:48 am
In Costello’s mass email today, he says they are just over $10m raised for phase 1. Sounds like architectural plans are being worked on currently so they can hit the ground with shovels as soon as the $16m mark is reached. i.e. they have already started spending some of the $10m for the architectural plans and the project is moving forward.

If that is the case... its not unrealistic to have construction begin this spring/summer...………

FTG- GO CATS GO!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:57 am

Caturday wrote:
Well I was hoping it was more like 12-13 million when Choate said we are close... It's gonna take some more big donors to raise another 6 million... Shovels in the dirt this summer probably won't happen unless one of us hits the lotto soon.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:17 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:57 am
Caturday wrote:
Well I was hoping it was more like 12-13 million when Choate said we are close... It's gonna take some more big donors to raise another 6 million... Shovels in the dirt this summer probably won't happen unless one of us hits the lotto soon.
He also wrote that “Great naming opportunities are still available.” Hope it isn’t a corporate name, but I’m not too picky. Albertsons Bobcat Stadium or Home Depot Bobcat Stadium just doesn’t do it for me, but I will be accepting if this gets the projects done.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:40 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:17 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Caturday wrote:
He also wrote that “Great naming opportunities are still available.” Hope it isn’t a corporate name, but I’m not too picky. Albertsons Bobcat Stadium or Home Depot Bobcat Stadium just doesn’t do it for me, but I will be accepting if this gets the projects done.
I'm thinking the new indoor practice field - Galt Pavilion. (go to the GP)
The new Football Center - Martel Station. (work out at the MS)
The new Sky boxes - Oracle Sky Boxes. (party in the sky)

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:51 pm

AFCAT wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Caturday wrote:
As far as I'm concerned they can slap whatever corporate name on to the stadium that they want, as long as the check clears. We'll get the funding for the facility improvements and 99% of fans will still keep calling it Bobcat Stadium.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:55 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:40 pm
AFCAT wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Caturday wrote:
I'm thinking the new indoor practice field - Galt Pavilion. (go to the GP)
The new Football Center - Martel Station. (work out at the MS)
The new Sky boxes - Oracle Sky Boxes. (party in the sky)
I want the stadium to be called Gatton-Sales Bobcat Stadium, but my donations won't carry that much weight.

I'd like to see former Bobcat greats have their names on the stadium gates/entrances and indoor practice facility. Since the new football offices will be built on Stenerud Circle, then his name should be on that building or part of it. .

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:58 pm

"Great naming opportunities are still available"... I'm thinking The Pickle Barrel Bobcat Stadium works!!!

PBBS!!! 8)

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:18 am

MSU01 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:51 pm
AFCAT wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Caturday wrote:
As far as I'm concerned they can slap whatever corporate name on to the stadium that they want, as long as the check clears. We'll get the funding for the facility improvements and 99% of fans will still keep calling it Bobcat Stadium.
=D^