Facilities - Coach Choate

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Facilities - Coach Choate

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:21 pm

I don’t see them doing anything before or during this season. Could you imagine what a mess it would be on game days?

Punters are people too!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:46 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:21 pm
I don’t see them doing anything before or during this season. Could you imagine what a mess it would be on game days?
It will probably take over a year to complete anyway. There will be some sort of a mess whenever they start.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:27 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:46 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
It will probably take over a year to complete anyway. There will be some sort of a mess whenever they start.
It is less about the mess than it is about liability issues and safety. A mess can inspire giving, but we don't need someone walking into something and filing lawsuits... so whatever decision makes it the safest is the one you will see!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:55 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:27 pm
AFCAT wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
It is less about the mess than it is about liability issues and safety. A mess can inspire giving, but we don't need someone walking into something and filing lawsuits... so whatever decision makes it the safest is the one you will see!
I think just about every renovation MSU and UM have done
has started right after the season. Yes, it goes slower over the winter months due to harsh weather, but I know from personal experience that it doesn’t stop them. If they start at season’s end the messiest, unsafest parts will be behind them by the start of camp (August 2020) and the next season’s games. The structure will have taken shape by then also, so fans wouldn’t be staring at a blank expanse during games. Probably see some construction progress from game to game, which would be kinda of cool.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

topshelfthepuck
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by topshelfthepuck » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:51 am

If the funds have been reached at this point for phase 1 then I agree with the people saying wait for our proper setting for an announcement to continue momentum going forward. Reading over the MSU Master Facility Plan, Phase 1 does state "Future Auditorium" and "Future Super Suite" in the Key Functional Areas. If the fundraising goal has been met, then maybe they are driving for these additions to add to the Athletic Complex (which would be sweet because they look like more sky box seats). If not for that, they could be trying to go after Phase 2 which is the Academic Excellence Center, converting the old football areas in the Fieldhouse. Phase 2 in the grand scheme of things will not have a large price tag in comparison to other portions, so the sooner that is raised and completed we will be able to begin the push for Phase 3 - Bobcat Indoor Performance Facility!

Obviously, the more money brought in the better and there should be a lot of optimism at this point that momentum is starting to build behind this Master Plan. Getting to the Phase 1 goal is great, but surpassing it with the next steps in mind will be grand for the future of Bobcat Athletics!

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:49 am

The Academic Excellence Center is part of phase one.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:56 am

topshelfthepuck wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:51 am
If the funds have been reached at this point for phase 1 then I agree with the people saying wait for our proper setting for an announcement to continue momentum going forward. Reading over the MSU Master Facility Plan, Phase 1 does state "Future Auditorium" and "Future Super Suite" in the Key Functional Areas. If the fundraising goal has been met, then maybe they are driving for these additions to add to the Athletic Complex (which would be sweet because they look like more sky box seats). If not for that, they could be trying to go after Phase 2 which is the Academic Excellence Center, converting the old football areas in the Fieldhouse. Phase 2 in the grand scheme of things will not have a large price tag in comparison to other portions, so the sooner that is raised and completed we will be able to begin the push for Phase 3 - Bobcat Indoor Performance Facility!

Obviously, the more money brought in the better and there should be a lot of optimism at this point that momentum is starting to build behind this Master Plan. Getting to the Phase 1 goal is great, but surpassing it with the next steps in mind will be grand for the future of Bobcat Athletics!
Hmm. What I’m reading says phase 1 includes the Academic Excellence Center and that the funds being raised are for both.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:16 am

And during the construction process they can set up a webcam to give us all a little diversion from the offseason and the slower winter months...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:15 am

catsrback76 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
I’m pretty sure they won’t have an open construction site. There will some sort of fencing to keep people out if they started this summer. MSU has managed to construct new buildings all around campus without students being injured.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:00 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:15 am
catsrback76 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
I’m pretty sure they won’t have an open construction site. There will some sort of fencing to keep people out if they started this summer. MSU has managed to construct new buildings all around campus without students being injured.
I get that, but game days are a bit different than "before class" days...that said, liability will always be an issue and is balanced against the need/desire to show work is being done. I want shovels in the ground with the next guy, I'm only saying that there is more to it than a rah rah from Coach Choate.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:42 am

RickRund wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:16 am
And during the construction process they can set up a webcam to give us all a little diversion from the offseason and the slower winter months...
Who was the guy who kept posting pictures during the end zone construction? Oz man or something--we need him back! I bet that's when half the members of this site joined!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:11 pm

What part of the phase has the indoor practice facility? That's what I want the most.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:00 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:11 pm
What part of the phase has the indoor practice facility? That's what I want the most.
Phase 2 as far as I know

vike_king

Post by vike_king » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:37 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:42 am
RickRund wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:16 am
Who was the guy who kept posting pictures during the end zone construction? Oz man or something--we need him back! I bet that's when half the members of this site joined!
He was working on the project, I believe he was a local. He gave me and my family a mini-tour just before completion.

There was also a video camera set up for live feeds of the construction, that was cool.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

BobCatFan

Post by BobCatFan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:00 pm

What is the plan for the gyms lost during the winter? Did they take that insurance money for this new project?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:03 pm

BobCatFan wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:00 pm
What is the plan for the gyms lost during the winter? Did they take that insurance money for this new project?
http://www.montana.edu/pdc/projects/bids.html

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 am

I got a new digital look at the EZ facility without seating. It’s big. Three stories tall. At least as tall as the east grand stand. It will be very prominent.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:38 am

SIU just released this video overview of their facilities, it's a pretty cool video and it all looks pretty nice. Hope MSU does something like this soon.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:20 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 am
I got a new digital look at the EZ facility without seating. It’s big. Three stories tall. At least as tall as the east grand stand. It will be very prominent.
Is this a private thing? I’d love to see another view if it without seating.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:26 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:20 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 am
Is this a private thing? I’d love to see another view if it without seating.
It’s in the pledge packet I got.