Facilities - Coach Choate

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Facilities - Coach Choate

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:32 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 am
I got a new digital look at the EZ facility without seating. It’s big. Three stories tall. At least as tall as the east grand stand. It will be very prominent.
Can you post it? I’d love to see more detail.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

bobcatozzy
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatozzy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:12 pm

Actually I posted most of the project. Thank you.

Rest In peace dad.

norcal cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by norcal cat » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:03 pm

There are some additional rendering on the A&E website of the master plan. http://www.ae.design/msu-athletics-master-plan/

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:28 pm

norcal cat wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:03 pm
There are some additional rendering on the A&E website of the master plan. http://www.ae.design/msu-athletics-master-plan/
The irony of nobody reacting to this post is the most BN thing ever.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:22 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:28 pm
norcal cat wrote:
Maybe the thing is we've seen so many spectacular multi-phase "master plans" posted here dating back to the Fields era with all the "quiet" periods and short-falls and extensions, and rumors we've settled into our own quiet period.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:26 pm

It's going to be

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:05 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:22 pm
Common Cat wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:28 pm
norcal cat wrote:
Maybe the thing is we've seen so many spectacular multi-phase "master plans" posted here dating back to the Fields era with all the "quiet" periods and short-falls and extensions, and rumors we've settled into our own quiet period.
Snake bit

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:38 am

Tootell and Nuanez were opining that the Griz are winning the in-state recruiting battle, partly because they have the Champions Center....makes it even more imperative that we start seeing progress soon!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:55 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:38 am
Tootell and Nuanez were opining that the Griz are winning the in-state recruiting battle, partly because they have the Champions Center....makes it even more imperative that we start seeing progress soon!
Well, I agree that the facilities are important and the Cats need to get moving on the plan soon. However, Rostad grew up a Griz fan and lives 40 miles away from Missoula. Deck is also a lifelong Griz fan and has many connections on the team. Lee currently resides in Missoula. I think their commitments are more about being part of that fan base than anything else.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:13 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
What a crazy way to chose a school. Even though said school is imploding I will pick them because they have cool buildings... #-o #-o #-o

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:00 am

RickRund wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:13 am
Catfanatic84 wrote:
What a crazy way to chose a school. Even though said school is imploding I will pick them because they have cool buildings... #-o #-o #-o

I complete agree. But yes, that DEFINITELY has a huge impact on these kids making their decision on where they commit to.

Like choate is always saying- if we could get our facilities on par with UM... we would DESTROY them in the recruiting department. As right now that is the only edge they have over MSU. When comparing what the schools offer academically, it is laughable.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:33 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:00 am
RickRund wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:

I complete agree. But yes, that DEFINITELY has a huge impact on these kids making their decision on where they commit to.

Like choate is always saying- if we could get our facilities on par with UM... we would DESTROY them in the recruiting department. As right now that is the only edge they have over MSU. When comparing what the schools offer academically, it is laughable.
Didn't they have the Champion's Center last year, and didn't we kick their asses on the best in state recruits last year?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:14 pm

catatac wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:33 am
mslacatfan wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:

Didn't they have the Champion's Center last year, and didn't we kick their asses on the best in state recruits last year?
Not sure if that was a question directed at me?

But, who won last years in state recruiting battle? Pretty debatable, but I would definitely NOT say that we “kicked there asses”

When comparing facilities. I don’t think that is even a debate? Unfortunately UM is the winner in that category, no question (choate will be the first one to tell you that). BUT, we have a plan in place to close that gap. Just need to make it happen!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:48 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:14 pm
catatac wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:33 am
mslacatfan wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:

Not sure if that was a question directed at me?

But, who won last years in state recruiting battle? Pretty debatable, but I would definitely NOT say that we “kicked there asses”

When comparing facilities. I don’t think that is even a debate? Unfortunately UM is the winner in that category, no question (choate will be the first one to tell you that). BUT, we have a plan in place to close that gap. Just need to make it happen!
Wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just in general. I do think the Champions Center might be the one thing that pulls a kid there when it's super close, but it's not like that one element is going to mean UM gets 90 or even 75 of the best in state recruits every year. They look at the entire package. That said, I totally agree once MSU fulfills the facililties vision, we will blow UM away.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:43 pm

The Champions Center does give UM a big edge for players that don’t have a strong allegiance either way. In-state I gotta believe there aren’t many of them. I mean most kids pick between UM and MSU by first grade. Of the four in-state to commit two, Rostad and Yates, had their minds made up. I have to think Lee was leaning UM since he not only moved to Missoula, but went to a school with an ex-Griz coaching there. The guy from Kalispell I have no idea, so the score is Griz 1, Cats 0 for guys in play.
Last edited by TomCat88 on Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:26 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:43 pm
The Champions Center does give UM a big edge for players that don’t have a strong allegiance either way. In-state I gotta believe there aren’t many of them. I mean most kids pick between UM and MSU by first grade. Of the four in-state to commit two, Rostad and Yates, had their minds made up. I have to think Lee was leaning UM since he not only moved to Missoula, but went to a school with an ex-Griz playing there. The guy from Kalispell I have no idea, so the score is Griz 1, Cats 0 for guys in play.
Deck is a big Griz fan.

https://ravallirepublic.com/sports/coll ... e9889.html

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:50 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:26 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:43 pm
The Champions Center does give UM a big edge for players that don’t have a strong allegiance either way. In-state I gotta believe there aren’t many of them. I mean most kids pick between UM and MSU by first grade. Of the four in-state to commit two, Rostad and Yates, had their minds made up. I have to think Lee was leaning UM since he not only moved to Missoula, but went to a school with an ex-Griz playing there. The guy from Kalispell I have no idea, so the score is Griz 1, Cats 0 for guys in play.
Deck is a big Griz fan.

https://ravallirepublic.com/sports/coll ... e9889.html
Then it’s 0-0.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:59 pm

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:02 pm

Rich K wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:59 pm
We are so close. This is going to be awesome!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:28 pm

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:02 pm
Rich K wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:59 pm
We are so close. This is going to be awesome!