R&R Cat Cast - New Bobcat Fan Podcast

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: R&R Cat Cast - New Bobcat Fan Podcast

Post by ND0479 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:28 pm

Got me fired up!

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:29 pm

Great episode! Hey an idea for another good pre-season episode would be one about all the Bobcats currently in the NFL. It would be interesting to hear the R&R take

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:25 pm

Great episode! A few thoughts:

- TJ Sessions was our RT last year, not LG (held down by the now departed Zach Redd)
- being able to actually throw a pass in the middle of the field consistently would be a relief...I'm with Foley on that one
- Willie P as an outside receive may not seem ideal due to his size but what if I told you he plays bigger than Jaden Smith ever did?
- Clevan Thomas is going to be a nightmare for defenses
- Lane Sumner arguably had the best offseason of any Bobcat and will legitimately push Williams and Elliot for starting duties until Ifanse returns
- Based on how early reports of camp are going, I think the only real oline competition is at RT between Kettels and Fleischmann
- Snell, Pickering, and Lonergan all should be involved in the passing game somehow...they are too good of athletes
- Tommy is in complete control of the offense
- At the same time, Sean Chambers will be a popular red zone threat this year...stay tuned

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:12 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:25 pm

- TJ Sessions was our RT last year, not LG (held down by the now departed Zach Redd)
- being able to actually throw a pass in the middle of the field consistently would be a relief...I'm with Foley on that one
- Willie P as an outside receive may not seem ideal due to his size but what if I told you he plays bigger than Jaden Smith ever did?
- Lane Sumner arguably had the best offseason of any Bobcat and will legitimately push Williams and Elliot for starting duties until Ifanse returns
- Based on how early reports of camp are going, I think the only real oline competition is at RT between Kettels and Fleischmann
- Snell, Pickering, and Lonergan all should be involved in the passing game somehow...they are too good of athletes
- At the same time, Sean Chambers will be a popular red zone threat this year...stay tuned
Get the TEs involved!! That would go a long way to answering the "what do we do on 3rd and 8" questions we keep hearing.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:48 pm

technoCat wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:12 pm
VimSince03 wrote:

Get the TEs involved!! That would go a long way to answering the "what do we do on 3rd and 8" questions we keep hearing.
Amen brotha! We hit Snell on a curl route in a soft zone against Sam Houston and it was simple and beautiful. More of that please.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:34 am

VimSince03 wrote:

Every time I see a post from the master saying "a few thoughts" on one of our episodes.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:36 am

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:34 am
VimSince03 wrote:

Every time I see a post from the master saying "a few thoughts" on one of our episodes.

Haha guys stop it. I only had the TJ Sessions correction but the rest was just sharing in the groupthink of Bobcat football.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:37 am

Time for the defense!

If we read one of our questions in the last two episodes and want a Golden Coolie, just PM myself or @Common Cat!

Apple Podcasts:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/s ... 0576503070

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/16f3NN ... Fng_YoQriA

Stitcher:
https://listen.stitcher.com/yvap/?af_dp ... /205899699

Podbean:
https://www.podbean.com/ew/dir-qsthw-14d8252b

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:38 am

Common Cat wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:48 pm
technoCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Amen brotha! We hit Snell on a curl route in a soft zone against Sam Houston and it was simple and beautiful. More of that please.
Foley when Tommy hits Snell on an 8-yard curl route in a soft zone for a first down...

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:39 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:36 am
CelticCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Haha guys stop it. I only had the TJ Sessions correction but the rest was just sharing in the groupthink of Bobcat football.
8)

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:40 am

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:39 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:36 am
CelticCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

8)
Give me that Defense Preview podcast already!

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:54 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:38 am
Common Cat wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:48 pm
technoCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Foley when Tommy hits Snell on an 8-yard curl route in a soft zone for a first down...

I actually get more excited haha! Immediately texting Celtic- “did you see that!”

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:16 pm

VimSince03 wrote:

Thanks for the insights....GO CATS!!!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:49 pm

I'm glad you guys mentioned Askelson and how good he looked at the beginning of the 2021 season. I had said several months ago, and early in the year last year, that he was the best LB on the field before he got hurt and was told I was crazy. As you mentioned TA was still getting his footing and Askelson looked great until he was hurt early in the San Diego game. He was a leading tackler in the 1st 2 games. He is going to be a major contributor this year and may allow us to have 3 stud LBs on the field in certain packages.

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:00 pm

Sorry for a late post- we will be recording tonight (Monday) about season predictions. Send in some buy or sell or general questions/thoughts or predictions for the show.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:35 pm

Buy / Sell:

Sean Chambers: Passes for 500+ yards, rushes for 300+ yards, OR scores 10 TDs (pass and rush combined).
Devin Slaughter becomes a breakout defensive lineman by topping all DL tackles in at least one game.
Jared White rushes for 100+ yards in a game.
There will be a flyover Bobcat Stadium this year.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:59 pm

Buy or Sell

Its a given that MSU, Sac St and um make the playoffs. A fourth will go to one of Weber, EWU, or NAU.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:51 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:59 pm
Buy or Sell

Its a given that MSU, Sac St and um make the playoffs. A fourth will go to one of Weber, EWU, or NAU.
Aint gonna be EWU, look at their schedule. My bet is Weber

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:10 pm

Buy or Sell

The CATS were 7th in scoring offense and 5th in offensive yards per game in BSC play last year......THEY WILL BE TOP 3 IN EACH CATEGORY THIS YEAR

GeauxCats41
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GeauxCats41 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:25 pm

Buy or sell:

Defense: will be a top 10 scoring defense this season (all FCS)
we will lead the BSC in takeaways this year.

Offense: Tommy throws for 2500+ yards
Kaegun rushes for 1000
We have a 1000 yard receiver