Montana Recruits 2019

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9360
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:06 pm



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
Montanabob
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1429
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by Montanabob » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:06 pm
Confused as to why he needs another year of college prep with a 3.95 gpa.


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10112
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by wbtfg » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:26 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:06 pm
Confused as to why he needs another year of college prep with a 3.95 gpa.
He doesn’t need another year, he wants one.



User avatar
LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5175
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Lewistown, MT

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:02 am

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:26 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:06 pm
Confused as to why he needs another year of college prep with a 3.95 gpa.
He doesn’t need another year, he wants one.
Exactly. Look up Choate and tell me that wouldn’t be an awesome experience! If they offer a scholly like he’s getting it’d be tough to say no.



User avatar
WeedKillinCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1922
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:19 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by WeedKillinCat » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:05 am

I'm sure those Bozos on the other side of the mountain think it is another Jeff Choate enterprise....


1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7449
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:36 pm



Holden checks all the boxes. In my opinion, the best offensive line recruit (of the six MSU got) and a Top 5 overall recruit in the 2019 Bobcat class.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Common Cat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2211
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Spokane

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by Common Cat » Sun May 19, 2019 8:44 am


The thing that piqued my interest was not so much we had a 4 star recruit on campus, rather it appears there is a black helmet in that lineup. Foreshadowing?


@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Koozie

User avatar
Pecos24
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:05 pm
Location: East Helena, MT

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by Pecos24 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:04 am

Common Cat wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:44 am

The thing that piqued my interest was not so much we had a 4 star recruit on campus, rather it appears there is a black helmet in that lineup. Foreshadowing?
I think you put this in the wrong thread...this kid is from Hermiston, OR. 2nd, is it black or really dark blue?


Bill Zander
CS '93

Common Cat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2211
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Spokane

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by Common Cat » Sun May 19, 2019 4:08 pm

Pecos24 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:04 am
Common Cat wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:44 am

The thing that piqued my interest was not so much we had a 4 star recruit on campus, rather it appears there is a black helmet in that lineup. Foreshadowing?
I think you put this in the wrong thread...this kid is from Hermiston, OR. 2nd, is it black or really dark blue?
Dangit! Ha!


@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Koozie

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7449
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by VimSince03 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:33 am

Brody Grebe's performance at State C Track this spring would have vaulted him into the Top 10 in the 10-6 range. It is rare for a kid to win the "triple crown" in track meaning taking gold in a running, jumping, and throwing event. Brody missed out on it by taking second in the 100M dash, running an 11.15 to Martin Farver of Scobey's 11.0. Brody went on to win the long jump, triple jump, and shot put with impressive marks.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:41 am

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by Bobcat Jim » Wed May 29, 2019 12:41 pm

He false-started on the 200M,where I think he probably would have been in the top 3 there. Was fun to watch him compete.



Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8435
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Big Sky Country
Contact:

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:06 pm




User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7449
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:18 pm



"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10112
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:34 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:18 pm
I’d love for Brody to write a blog/journal about moving from a ranch near melstone to Connecticut and enrolling in one of the most hoity toity boarding schools in the country.

I bet he and his classmates have two very different experiences when it comes to “fencing.”



User avatar
Montanabob
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1429
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by Montanabob » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:39 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:34 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:18 pm
I’d love for Brody to write a blog/journal about moving from a ranch near melstone to Connecticut and enrolling in one of the most hoity toity boarding schools in the country.

I bet he and his classmates have two very different experiences when it comes to “fencing.”
maybe he can take some Rocky mountain oysters out and have them have for dinner


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7449
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:05 pm



To see why I believed Ryan was the best prospect in the state last year, look here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=47247.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14102
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:50 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:05 pm


To see why I believed Ryan was the best prospect in the state last year, look here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=47247.
Nice.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7449
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:54 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:50 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:05 pm


To see why I believed Ryan was the best prospect in the state last year, look here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=47247.
Nice.
And I really don't see why Choate had to have his "point of clarification" at the beginning of this paragraph. Ryan put up prolific stats along with projecting well to the next level as a TE. He nearly led AA in receptions, yards, yards/game, and touchdowns finishing 5th, 3rd, 3rd, and 3rd in each category, respectively. Ryan did that from the TE position lining up in the backfield, in-line, in the slot, and split outside. 64 receptions for 1121 yards and 12 touchdowns is prolific.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
RobertCats
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1662
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 pm
Location: Conrad, MT

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by RobertCats » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:01 pm

Jesse Owens is transferring to Montana State, for basketball.




User avatar
Cledus
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4546
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by Cledus » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:54 am

RobertCats wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:01 pm
Jesse Owens is transferring to Montana State, for basketball.

I wonder why he didn’t stay at um if he wanted to play basketball. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, just curious.


UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Post Reply