Montana Recruits 2019

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:22 am

Cledus wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:54 am
RobertCats wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:01 pm
Jesse Owens is transferring to Montana State, for basketball.

I wonder why he didn’t stay at um if he wanted to play basketball. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, just curious.
Probably because Decuire wouldn't allow him to walk-on to the basketball team? Just a guess.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:21 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:22 am
Cledus wrote:
RobertCats wrote:

I wonder why he didn’t stay at um if he wanted to play basketball. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, just curious.
Probably because Decuire wouldn't allow him to walk-on to the basketball team? Just a guess.
You're probably right, but Decuire seems to have this thing about football players that he doesn't like. That's why he lost Worster from Hellgate--Rollie was on campus for a 7-on-7 football camp last summer and Decuire lost his mind. He came to Bozeman for a similar camp, and Sprinkle (knowing Decuire did that and that it upset Rollie) came and cheered him on at the MSU football camp. MSU almost got him (and still might if things don't work out in UT), basically because Decuire had a fit over a kid playing football. Maybe there's no correlation there, but it seems like Decuire has been a bit of a snob about some players. Maybe it's a Montana kid thing more than it is a football thing, and maybe it's neither, but I feel like speculating because it's January and there's not much to talk about.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:24 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:21 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:22 am
Cledus wrote:
RobertCats wrote:

You're probably right, but Decuire seems to have this thing about football players that he doesn't like. That's why he lost Worster from Hellgate--Rollie was on campus for a 7-on-7 football camp last summer and Decuire lost his mind. He came to Bozeman for a similar camp, and Sprinkle (knowing Decuire did that and that it upset Rollie) came and cheered him on at the MSU football camp. MSU almost got him (and still might if things don't work out in UT), basically because Decuire had a fit over a kid playing football. Maybe there's no correlation there, but it seems like Decuire has been a bit of a snob about some players. Maybe it's a Montana kid thing more than it is a football thing, and maybe it's neither, but I feel like speculating because it's January and there's not much to talk about.
I had heard rumblings this summer about Rollie decommitting from UM and was planning to come to MSU. Obviously USU jumped into the mix, but this definitely explains how that became a possibility.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:25 am

Cledus wrote:
RobertCats wrote:

Did you want fries with that?+😀

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic