From the mouth of Kramer

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

JahGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

From the mouth of Kramer

Post by JahGriz » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:43 pm

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:58 pm

Nice article and very insightful quotes from Kramer. I'm so glad that he's on our side -- I'd hate to have to crack a dictionary to keep up with some other team's coach.

eRat-a-Cat-er
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by eRat-a-Cat-er » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:01 pm

Very KramerESK, and YES, I agree with you... I'm sooooooo glad he's on your side! I'm also glad you don't have to crack a book, it's not a pretty sight!Image:wink:

What just thinkin' about the Griz does to most Cats! GO GRIZ!

JahGriz

Post by JahGriz » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:00 pm

I'm just surprised Kramer is making such a big deal about playing in domes. He makes it sound like winning in a dome is next to impossible, and makes it sound like winning playoff games on the road is next to impossible. Both are nothing more than home field advantages, and if you don't expect to win on the road, how the heck does he ever expect to win a title.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:15 pm

Spoken from someone who has 7 home games!

2024 Resume dominance

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:18 pm

Of course, if he came out and said that the Cats were going to win on the road with no problem at all, he would be accused of being overconfident and a blowhard.

I think the numbers back him up pretty well in terms of the dome road games (for natural grass teams in particular) as well as road playoff games. The Griz record alone is a good case study for the importance of home playoff games.

I would also assume that he would agree that these conditions apply to all teams, and not just the Cats, although this article speaks to the Cats schedule specifically.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:19 pm

JahGriz wrote:I'm just surprised Kramer is making such a big deal about playing in domes. He makes it sound like winning in a dome is next to impossible, and makes it sound like winning playoff games on the road is next to impossible. Both are nothing more than home field advantages, and if you don't expect to win on the road, how the heck does he ever expect to win a title.
He's not saying they are impossible to win in. He was just saying that its harder to win in them as I'm sure the feel is a lot different. Plus he's going on past W-L for Bobcats regarding playing in those domes. Home field is key to winning the national championship and its EVEN more key for us NORTHWEST teams that get the cold weather in the late late fall. Unfortunately the Cat/Griz seems to bang up both teams in that final battle each year. Its good for the fans and to see the season unfold at the end that way, but both teams seem to have been banged up from that game and fizzled in the playoffs the last few years.

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:23 pm

Except the Griz won a playoff game....

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:31 pm

jagur1 wrote:Except the Griz won a playoff game....
The top 4-5 Big Sky teams would have beaten that team .. plus it was at home. But thats what you get by having a good overall record. You can't slide during the beginning of the year and expect to host a playoff game at the end.

JahGriz

Post by JahGriz » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:40 pm

exactly cardiac, regarding the winning early not just late. On the other side of the Kramer coin he did guarantee playoff wins if the cats were at home.

But only maybe the top 2 teams in the BSC could have beaten NW State. They were a good team, the Griz just played very good that day.
Last edited by JahGriz on Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.