Bobcat QB Club

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

raincat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Bobcat QB Club

Post by raincat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:37 am

The other nite while watching my copy of The Line they were talking about booster fund raising and the QB Club was mentioned. I need some enlightning. What is the QB club?....cost, bennies, etc. Thanks

4dcats
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 4dcats » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:03 am

Bobcat QBC - for all the info email contact is - football@msubobcats.com
The QBC is Football's major fund raiser. The money raised goes to coach’s salaries, purchase of video equipment - player knee braces, and most important recruiting. This organization has been a huge reason why the coaches have been able to recruit all over the county. The budget they receive from the University for recruiting is not adequate to compete at the level we would all like. The MSU QBC should be given a lot of credit for our recent success. Without the monies they provide, it would be hard to keep up with that other team! The benefits include – post game film break down with Coach Kramer on Monday nights after the games, golf tournaments, periodic correspondence from Coach Kramer, and a post recruiting party to view film of the signed recruits. I cannot emphasize enough how important this organizations is to the success we all want. We need as many members as we can get. The cost of membership is $1000 annually.

HelenaCat

Post by HelenaCat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:09 am

4dcats: It may be on the other info site, but I have a couple other questions:

1. What access would QBC members have that are not in Bozeman? I am thinking of the Monday nite film sessions and other simular things.

2. Has anyone considered a "QBC Lite" member category?? I am thinking of a category for somewhere around $300-$400 annually that would give many people an opportunity to contribute that can't come up with $1000 for a more limited number of benefits, maybe just access to correspondence and a feww other things????

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:12 am

HelenaCat wrote:4dcats: It may be on the other info site, but I have a couple other questions:

1. What access would QBC members have that are not in Bozeman? I am thinking of the Monday nite film sessions and other simular things.

2. Has anyone considered a "QBC Lite" member category?? I am thinking of a category for somewhere around $300-$400 annually that would give many people an opportunity to contribute that can't come up with $1000 for a more limited number of benefits, maybe just access to correspondence and a feww other things????
Very good point HelenaCat, I was just thinking the same thing for Bobcat fans that wouldn't get all the benefits by living out of town etc. I'm sure there would be quite a few who would be interested in this?

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:41 am

I'm in the same boat. The full $1,000 is a bit steep for me when I know I won't get any of the access that is part of the package (due to my location), but I certainly would be interested in a limited membership package of some sort.

rtb

Same Here

Post by rtb » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:50 am

I am also interested in a similar "lite" membership. I would love to help out the QBC, but I wouldn't have access to many of the benefits. Keep us informed if something is made available.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:02 am

Not sure if the idea of a QB lite club has been brought up or not. Just to clarify, it's not only in Bozeman. Kramer flies all over the state to do QB club meetings, every week. Great Falls members, for example, meet him on Tuesday nights. Occasionally they'll open the meetings for non-members to try and garner more members. Like most, the $1,000 is a bit too steep for me (actually, just my wife) but I know this money is very important to the program. Without it, and the stipend it provides he and his staff, Kramer would not have come to Bozeman to coach. He would have either stayed at Eastern or gone somewhere with higher paying salaries or at least multi-year contracts. I admire the folks that contribute the $1000.00 per year. They're either true fans, quite wealthy, looking for tax write-offs, or a combination thereof. 8)

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:07 am

Oh come on BAC $1000.00 by bay area standards is like $250 by Montana standards. I tell you what I will chip in the equivilet on my monthly "Montana car" payment ( finaining my buisness car, 1976 ford 4x4 over 84 months ain't cheap ) and you can contribute the monthly equivilant of your 2004 BWW monthly payment. Fairs fair.

On a more seriuos note (NOT!!!!) I always wondered if I was to contribute a lump sum of lets say $5,000 dollars, could I get Kramer to allow me to call one meaningful offencive play. The way I could see it work for both of us would be to say I will donate $5000 (or what ever)if you will let me call the 5th offencive play in the second quarter of the Bobcats third game of the 2005 season. Kramer would be not be able to stick the play in at a scrub time, and I would not be gaurenteed like wise any thing too much. If $5000 was not enough, how high would you need to go before you got Kramers or the AD's attention $5,000, $10,000, $50,000....$1,000,000. At some point they would definately sit up and notice. What is it worth to Kramer, and how much money could could this type of fundraiser raise! Now THAT would be a quarterback club!

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:14 am

It took that guy in North Dakota 100M to get the Sioux to change the schools mascotts name back to the fighting Sioux. They say it's one really nice hockey stadium, maybe the nicest one in North America.
I'm thinking for 1M you would get a whole quarter of play calling. Also, as an added bonus a month of posts on what a ****** play caller you are mslacat.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:30 am

mslacat: 2004 BMW? Man, I wish. 2000 Subaru Outback, actually. If only the bubble would come back, but not burst this time. I'd be a very generous Bobcat if that happened.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:35 pm

Truth be told I think one play call would be all I would be required to demenstrate to myself as a football coach I make a better tupperware sales man.

raincat

Post by raincat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:04 pm

How about a "Halfback Club" for 500 bucks!

It's interesting how things have changed over time. Years ago when the Silver Bobcat level was $250 you'd send in your money and in return you got a plaque, jacket, hat, priority parking, priority seating, free press guide, canvas travel bag, window sticker, license plate bracket...about $300 worth of stuff. Finally dawned on the ASA that was no way to run the fundraising program.

Sounds like the beauty of the QB Club is that you can designate your "donation" stricktly to the football program, where $ going directly to the MSU ASA is spread out over the entire program. While I wouldn't mind ponying up the money, I'd be miffed knowing those old dudes I saw sitting in a bar in Great Falls were watching films with Coach Kramer while I'm stuck in Seattle watching reruns of Seinfeld. So, I would be appeased with an option to contribute something less.

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by hokeyfine » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:17 pm

jagr1: actually, und's name was never changed. They were getting pressure to change the name and engelstad threatened to pull his 100+ million if they did change it.

4dcats
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 4dcats » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:44 am

Sorry I am just getting back to you! - Work just keeps getting in my way. On the question of a lesser or "halfback" member, I have posed this question to a member of the QBC board of directors. His response was they did not know how to differentiate the membership benefits between full and half members. They also wanted to keep the price up there where it would do the most good. All this being said I can see Raincat’s point. For the people who do not have access to the weekly game breakdown meetings (the people outside MT) I think there should be a partial membership. I am going to take this idea back to the board and see what they think. After all, its all about raising money for the football program. Stay posted on this.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:50 am

It seems dumb to not open up some kind of half-way club. You have lots of people that would love to get some of these benefits, would love to contribute money to the football program, but either can't afford a grand or just don't see it as worth the money because they are out of state and can't justify not getting the benefits that other members get. A "Half-Backs Club" sounds like a great idea to me, and I bet it would raise a ton of money!

GO CATS GO!!!