O'brien pleads Guilty to 27 counts

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:12 am

It only makes me wonder what an idiot OB was/is and if he will get more than the mandatory 5 year sentence (I hope he does). I guess I also wonder why you are such an idiot???

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:24 am

is there a link???

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:34 am

is there a link???

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:52 am

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:53 pm

Thanks for the links. That was very helpful for those of us trying to learn more about what has happened in the news.

The one thing that jumps out at me (in addition to the obvious "What the f*** was he thinking in the first place!!!???" reaction) is that it seems really strange that he wired cash to his supplier in large quantities and also deposited cash from the sales into his bank account.

From all of my drug dealing knowledge (yep, watching TV), isn't the first rule in Drug Dealing 101 (no, it's not a class at MSU, to head off the smartasses) to never leave a paper trail? It sounds like he was leaving one a mile wide. Not only was he a drug dealer, he was really bad at it. That's good for society, though. It led to him getting caught and convicted.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:12 pm

Yes, I'm still in awe about that whole thing, especially after watching "The Line". Looked like a great motivator, and a reasonably intelligent guy. Had alot going for him at 31, probably being groomed to be a head coach in D1 football. Personal use is way more understandable (Stupid, but easier to swallow IMO given the addictiveness of the drug), than dealing. Interesting during the interview when he said he would be back coaching, hopefully for the Cats, and if not, against them. Not likely.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:25 pm

catatac wrote: Interesting during the interview when he said he would be back coaching, hopefully for the Cats, and if not, against them. Not likely.
Only if the prison team is on the schedule...

And to think it will only cost him his right to vote, social security, medicare and right to own a firearm, plus $20K+ and several prison years... :o

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:57 pm

I wonder if his favorite movie is "The Longest Yard"?

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:57 pm

Bozgriz is right. OB will never, ever coach again at any level after this. Who would ever hire him given the circumstances and his plea of guilty?