Preseason Predictions of Full Season

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Preseason Predictions of Full Season

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:18 pm

I know its early and lots of ??? for the team going into fall. But lets see what people predict for the full schedule this year wins/loss.

Adams State - Win (45-7) Another Grizzly Thumping
Cal Poly - Win (28-17)
CSU - Loss (31-17)
IDAHO STATE - Loss (31-27) Tought game to play after CSU game.
WEBER STATE - Win (28-14) Weber running back gets 100+ yards, Cats
get the win.

Possible 3-2 after first 5 games (I think its realistic we could be there).

Portland State - Win (20-17) (Think this one will be closer this year)
SDSU - Win (35-17) (This game scares me as SDSU has full offense back)
NAU - Loss (28-21) (NAU will want payback and we USUALLY lose there).
Sac State - Win (31-28 Won big last year with special teams)
EWU - Win (28-24) (MSU dominated I thought, but turnovers kill you
Just ask Griz fans).
GRIZ - Win (27-21) (MSU D/Line outplay UM in trenches).

8-3 (+ or - 1 win/loss) is what I predict this year. I just have a feeling we are going to beat the Griz again this year (barring a lot of turnovers). If we take care of our home games and somehow can win one of the NAU/ISU games we could be sitting pretty well going into final stretch of games.

What y'all think?
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:43 pm

That looks pretty feasible... if we can win either against ISU or NAU on the road we should be in great shape going into the last game. Tough schedule though with 4 conference road games. Hopefully this can be the year that we avoid the annual disappointing non-conference loss(es) from the last couple years.

I must disagree on your Cat/Griz pick... from reading egriz I am convinced that Marques Harris will go to UM and have 17 sacks in the game, Green and Hilliard will both have 250 yards rushing and 8 TD's, and Rodamer will catch 24 passes for 450 yards and 11 TD's. Also, Carpenter will shatter the FG record with a 78 yarder just before halftime. Final score UM 262 MSU -7.

62GRIZ
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 62GRIZ » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:54 pm

MSU01 is the only Cat poster who makes any sense! :D

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:55 pm

I can agree on all except Idaho State. I think we go in there and win this year. If the Cats are hitting on all cylinders they should soundly beat PSU. Sac State will be closer if Leadingham is healthy but should come away with a win. If we don't turn the ball over against EWU we win there. We get them here this year so we should be able to beat the Eagles. Why do the Cats have all sort of troubles against NAU in Flagstaff?? The Griz have me a little worried IF they land the DE from CO.

This team (to me) is anywhere between 9-2 and 7-4. All depends on the O-line and if they come together early enough and stay healthy. Same with the secondary, but not as much as our O-line.

GO CATS!!

raincat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by raincat » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:00 pm

That's as good an analysis as any. I do feel we will beat ISU this year. They will no beat us three times in a row. I still think Junior made the catch two years ago and won it for us. So it goes.
More than anything, to me it's all about the offensive line. I'll refrain from delivering my full annual sermon on the absolute necessity of the offensive line dominating the game, especially in the BSC where the skill positions may be lacking. You control the clock, your qb has more time, your receivers have more time to get open, your rb's are more effective, your defense gets rested, blah blah blah, Amen!
I felt coming off last season we would have our best offensive line in recent history, but somehow here we go again... OL's are hurt, not coming back, grade deprived, etc. If we were all that we could have been then I feel 8-3 would have been realistic, but now I'm not so sure.
Here's a tip for you though.....looking at the tea leafs and the potential depth chart, save your $ to watch the Bobcats play for the NC in 2005.

JahGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by JahGriz » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:39 pm

Adams State - (35-10)Should be a blow out, but looking past seasons the cats have struggled a bit early.
Cal Poly - (21-17)I'm not up on Cal Poly this season but I'm guessing it will be a tough one.
CSU - Loss (31-21) - A great schedule for the cats, I think the cats will be ready to defend the honor of I-AA with an admirable game, but a loss none the less.
IDAHO STATE - Cat win. Who knows on score
WEBER STATE - Win (28-14) - I agree
Portland State - Win (20-17) - I Agree
SDSU - Win (35-21) -
NAU - Loss (28-21)
Sac State - Loss - Sac is going to surprise a few people this year, MSU being one of them. Leadingham, Gross, and Amey back along with a long list transfers to round out their roster. Plus a frosh kicker who may just seal a few games for them.
EWU - Win (28-24) - Sound good
GRIZ - LOSS (28 - 20) Griz won't stand for another loss to the cats. I predict currently injured DE Lance Spencer and recently moved to DE Dlouhy will be the the sack masters. Plus, being a late season game, I think our core of young LB's will be getting some serious PT, and their speed will be a huge change for our opponents who are used to the slower LB's of the past couple years. Look out cats, because if our young mediocre CB's of last year have improved any considerable amount I see the cats having a tough time putting up enough points to win this one.
Last edited by JahGriz on Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:17 pm

Adams State – 31-3 by half, for once we have 2nd stringers in to finish the game
Cal Poly – We win by 7, redeeming ourselves from a tough one last year
CSU – We win by 3 in OT, pulling off the upset
ISU – We win by 2
Weber – We win by 20, just like last year
Portland State – We win by 10
SDSU – We win by 24
NAU – We win in Flagstaff for the first time since the 70’s. By 1 point.
Sac State – We win by 14
EWU – We win by 7, redeeming ourselves from last year’s loss
UM – We win by 40

Yep, checked it twice. Looks good to me. Or maybe that's just what I'm hoping for. Worst case IMO, we lose 4 games, probably CSU, NAU, ISU, and maybe Eastern, Sac. Or PSU on the 4th. We won’t lose to the Griz this year though, as long as it’s Kramer Vs Hauck.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:49 pm

raincat wrote:Here's a tip for you though.....looking at the tea leafs and the potential depth chart, save your $ to watch the Bobcats play for the NC in 2005.

I was going to mention that in my last post, but decided against it. To me all signs of something really special are pointing to 2005. Yes, we will have to replace two DT's and Cooper, but I think we will have that covered. I still think this is a good enough team to win at least 8 games get to the playoffs and then.................who know's.

GO CATS!!

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:55 am

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:31 pm

Adams State – 31-17 cats always have trouble in early season...
Cal Poly –24-17 LOSS
CSU – 35-7 LOSS
ISU –38-28 LOSS
Weber – 48-17, this is weber after all...
Portland State – 28-17
SDSU – 35-31
NAU – 38-28 LOSS, just can't win at NAU
Sac State – 31-14
EWU – 42-28
UM – 28-13 LOSS, Griz redeem themselves and start new streak...

Yep, checked it twice. Looks good to me. Typical cat season, discord after 1-3 start, end up 6-5 and everyone is happy. :D