Beer sales being considerd

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobCatFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Beer sales being considerd

Post by BobCatFan » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:48 pm

Sounds like a bad idea on the no return. Why break a successful tradition. I remember when there was no tailgating and the stands had no fans.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:36 am

BobCatFan wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:48 pm
Sounds like a bad idea on the no return. Why break a successful tradition. I remember when there was no tailgating and the stands had no fans.
It all depends on the re-entry policy. From what I have heard that isn’t set in stone like some believe.

If alcohol in the stadium means no leaving at halftime, then I don’t see it happening any time soon. Our stadium is intimate, and the halftime 10 minute tailgate is tradition.

However, we’re not the SEC or Big12. We don’t have 80,000 fans at games. There is no reason whatsoever we couldn’t sell beer inside and still let fans come and go.

Let’s be honest. The people that could effect this bill; i.e. being to intoxicated, are doing this already. Some of the drunkest people I’ve ever seen in Bozeman have been at Cat games! Inside the stadium.

Beer sales are a no-brainer. But if our only option to do so means no re-entry, it will never happen. Or not for a long time.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:42 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:57 pm
Giving this a bump because there is a bill coming up in the MT Leg. that would allow beer and alcohol sales at MT university sporting events. So, stay tuned.
Oh God, this issue again.

At this point, I’d just be happy to see thousands of semi drunk people at Bobcat Stadium. How and where they bought the beer is no longer important to me.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:47 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:39 pm

Do we know the Bill number so we can follow?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:49 pm

stevo wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:39 pm
I think it is SB247
http://laws.leg.mt.gov/legprd/LAW0210W$ ... SESS=20211

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:12 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:49 pm
stevo wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:39 pm
I think it is SB247
http://laws.leg.mt.gov/legprd/LAW0210W$ ... SESS=20211
Thanks... Good to know.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:30 pm

No re-entry is stupidity. Ever been to a Weber State game? No, they don't have beer sales in the heart of Mormonville. You leave, forget about it. No wonder they can't draw flies.
Ilovethecats, yoo are spot on. Good observation.

NOCOcat2005
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by NOCOcat2005 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:06 pm

I'm all for beer/wine sales in the stadium and would happily get rid of re-entry if MSU went this route. Granted i don't attend a ton of Montana State games anymore as i live in Fort Collins, Colorado. I will say this, there is beer sold at CSU, CU, Wyoming and Northern Colorado and it doesn't cause any problems. Both Basketball and Football. If its financially beneficial to athletics and the University I'm all for it. I feel like MSU has been talking about his forever.

NOCOcat2005
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by NOCOcat2005 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:30 pm

No re-entry is stupidity. Ever been to a Weber State game? No, they don't have beer sales in the heart of Mormonville. You leave, forget about it. No wonder they can't draw flies.

There is not an NFL or FBS program that allows Re-entry into a football stadium, get with the program!

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:41 pm

Get with the program???? GFY!!!! I don't go to games to drink, asshole.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:25 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:36 am
BobCatFan wrote:
It all depends on the re-entry policy. From what I have heard that isn’t set in stone like some believe.

If alcohol in the stadium means no leaving at halftime, then I don’t see it happening any time soon. Our stadium is intimate, and the halftime 10 minute tailgate is tradition.

However, we’re not the SEC or Big12. We don’t have 80,000 fans at games. There is no reason whatsoever we couldn’t sell beer inside and still let fans come and go.

Let’s be honest. The people that could effect this bill; i.e. being to intoxicated, are doing this already. Some of the drunkest people I’ve ever seen in Bozeman have been at Cat games! Inside the stadium.

Beer sales are a no-brainer. But if our only option to do so means no re-entry, it will never happen. Or not for a long time.
Beer sales and no entry would have to happen together. To not do so skyrockets liability on the part of MSU. If someone is intoxicated and gets in a accident and kills someone, MSU can be held liable if that person drank inside at all. Even if the majority of drinking was done outside. I'm not saying it's necessarily right, it's just how tort law in this country and tavern laws in this state work. That guy that gets in the accident had no money and MSU has how much? Of course MSU is getting sued too. And say MSU has a 3rd party handle the beer sales. That 3rd party would be foolish to do so without no re-entry. For serving at a game, they're going to have an insurance policy worth many millions. Again, more money available to sue for than that Joe who caused the accident has. Right now MSU has zero liability because all consumption is done privately.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:44 am

NOCOcat2005 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:16 pm
Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:30 pm

There is not an NFL or FBS program that allows Re-entry into a football stadium, get with the program!
There is not an NFL or FBS program in this state so what is your point?

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:42 pm

What good is it to have a no re-entry if you can't enter in the first place. Get the fans in the stands.

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:00 pm

utucats wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:44 am

There is not an NFL or FBS program in this state so what is your point?
the top of his pointy little head(said in the best imitation of george wallace i could muster).

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:09 pm

lutecat wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:25 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:36 am
BobCatFan wrote:

Beer sales and no entry would have to happen together. To not do so skyrockets liability on the part of MSU. If someone is intoxicated and gets in a accident and kills someone, MSU can be held liable if that person drank inside at all. Even if the majority of drinking was done outside. I'm not saying it's necessarily right, it's just how tort law in this country and tavern laws in this state work. That guy that gets in the accident had no money and MSU has how much? Of course MSU is getting sued too. And say MSU has a 3rd party handle the beer sales. That 3rd party would be foolish to do so without no re-entry. For serving at a game, they're going to have an insurance policy worth many millions. Again, more money available to sue for than that Joe who caused the accident has. Right now MSU has zero liability because all consumption is done privately.
What does no re-entry (I assume you meant this) have to do with liability? As soon as MSU starts selling alcohol nobody will know if someone attending a game drank in the stadium or in a tailgate spot during/after the game (or both) so I don't see what difference re-entry makes.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:59 pm

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:49 am

Montana is an enigma, fiercely independent, stanchly divided, Republican Governor and a Democratic legislature...pure capitalist insistence tempered by huge demand for government subsidies...AND WE CAN'T DRINK BEER INSIDE THE STADIUM???? :lol:

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:12 am

Montana had been split with a Democrat Governor and Republican Legislature. This year that shifted when Republican Governor was elected. They have biggest majority they have had in a while

Sports is not bigger than life

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:45 am

tetoncat wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:12 am
Montana had been split with a Democrat Governor and Republican Legislature. This year that shifted when Republican Governor was elected. They have biggest majority they have had in a while
BUT, what about the beer??? :lol: