Montana Recruits 2016

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Montana Recruits 2016

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:20 am

Dallas Cook to play at MT Tech.
Cook, who had Division 1 interest out of high school and following his time at NDSCS, has officially joined the Montana Tech football team.

"We’re excited," Tech head coach Chuck Morrell said of Cook joining the team. "He’s obviously a talented young man and has a great skill set."

Cook, who set 14 Montana state records in his time at Butte, as well as the single game record for TD passes in a game at NDSCS, will have to sit out this season due to a redshirt to focus on his grades, but will still have two years of eligibility left after the redshirt year.
http://mtstandard.com/sports/college/fr ... f1e1a.html

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:22 am

Hawks86 wrote:Dallas Cook to play at MT Tech.
Cook, who had Division 1 interest out of high school and following his time at NDSCS, has officially joined the Montana Tech football team.

"We’re excited," Tech head coach Chuck Morrell said of Cook joining the team. "He’s obviously a talented young man and has a great skill set."

Cook, who set 14 Montana state records in his time at Butte, as well as the single game record for TD passes in a game at NDSCS, will have to sit out this season due to a redshirt to focus on his grades, but will still have two years of eligibility left after the redshirt year.
interesting.

Isn't McQuery (spelling?) the QB there for the next 2 years?

If I remember correctly, Cook turned down offers from both the Cats and Griz out of highschool..... might not have been the best decision on his part.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DaCats21 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:34 am

mslacatfan wrote:

interesting.

If I remember correctly, Cook turned down offers from both the Cats and Griz out of highschool..... might not have been the best decision on his part.
I thought he was a non qualifier because of grades. Which also appears to still be a problem. Not sure Tech is the best school for someone who struggles academically

desmond1957
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by desmond1957 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:42 am

I don't know about the griz but I know for sure Cook was NOT offered by the Cats!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:32 pm

DaCats21 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

interesting.

I thought he was a non qualifier because of grades. Which also appears to still be a problem. Not sure Tech is the best school for someone who struggles academically
This is correct. He was a non-qualifier and has played at a junior college as a result. Very talented. Throws a great ball. Big kid at about 6'6" and 240. A little soft physically but very imposing. I will be surprised if he ever takes a snap at Tech due to grades. He also was throwing to Dalton Daum for a couple of years which helped his numbers.

grizpack
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizpack » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:39 am

desmond1957 wrote:I don't know about the griz but I know for sure Cook was NOT offered by the Cats!!!
Not positive but I think he did have an offer from Mick of some sorts. No one here was excited about it, and it may have been a political overture from Mick to Butte. After all, we all knew he was going to go much higher than the Griz or Cats......

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:26 am

grizpack wrote:
desmond1957 wrote:I don't know about the griz but I know for sure Cook was NOT offered by the Cats!!!
Not positive but I think he did have an offer from Mick of some sorts. No one here was excited about it, and it may have been a political overture from Mick to Butte. After all, we all knew he was going to go much higher than the Griz or Cats......
Mick went to Central= nothing special for a Bulldog.
Just returned from a funeral in Butte and I happened to ask about Cook. It's grades. Always has been. I think maybe this is more likely an overture from the Tech coach to the Butte community.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:06 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
grizpack wrote:
Just returned from a funeral in Butte and I happened to ask about Cook. It's grades. Always has been. I think maybe this is more likely an overture from the Tech coach to the Butte community.
The kid can play. No question about it. You don't break 14 state records and not have exceptional ability. He also won a state championship largely because of his efforts. Highly unlikely Butte makes the title game that year without Cook. He had PAC 12 schools look at him but grades have always been an issue. He was a relatively intelligent kid but just didn't work on his grades. I have heard him described as lazy in the classroom and working out. I truly believe Cook has the potential for much greater success, but he has never really had to work hard for anything. He was just always physically bigger than the other kids. If he figures things out, watch out! He will light it up. Unfortunately, I don't ever see him qualifying academically.

grizpack
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizpack » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:02 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
grizpack wrote:
Not meant to be smack, but how the hell does he plan to keep his grades at Tech??? Pretty sure that is not an easy school academically.

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:24 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
grizpack wrote:
The kid can play. No question about it. You don't break 14 state records and not have exceptional ability. He also won a state championship largely because of his efforts. Highly unlikely Butte makes the title game that year without Cook. He had PAC 12 schools look at him but grades have always been an issue. He was a relatively intelligent kid but just didn't work on his grades. I have heard him described as lazy in the classroom and working out. I truly believe Cook has the potential for much greater success, but he has never really had to work hard for anything. He was just always physically bigger than the other kids. If he figures things out, watch out! He will light it up. Unfortunately, I don't ever see him qualifying academically.
He had some good receivers. Most of his passes were of the bubble screen variety. Throw it to Daum and watch him go. Cook was big and strong and tough to bring down. He was a man among boys in high school. At his level, I don't think he will have much success.

IYAACYAS

grizpack
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizpack » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:16 pm

CPACAT wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
grizpack wrote:
He had some good receivers. Most of his passes were of the bubble screen variety. Throw it to Daum and watch him go. Cook was big and strong and tough to bring down. He was a man among boys in high school. At his level, I don't think he will have much success.
Ding. Ding. Ding. =D^

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Andrew will return to play football at Yale this August. The story on his long year away from the game: http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/ ... 397667001/.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:49 am

VimSince03 wrote:Andrew will return to play football at Yale this August. The story on his long year away from the game: http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/ ... 397667001/.
Andrew did well in his debut last Saturday. Glad he is back out there on the gridiron!
https://twitter.com/WylieTom/status/909172010214858752

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:19 pm

Grinde retires from football because of a concussion.
https://twitter.com/WylieTom/status/915706260451766273

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:34 pm