If you were Dukes coach K............

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

If you were Coach K would you Take the Lakers Job for 10 million

Poll ended at Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:18 pm

You betcha (I am a N. Carolina Fan)
56%
No way (I am a lying sack of *****)
44%

Total votes: 9

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

If you were Dukes coach K............

Post by mslacat » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:18 pm

............. would you take the offer of 10 million dollars a year for 5 years to coach the Lakers!! Alright I have been listening to ESPN radio all day talk about the Lakers Offers to coach K, and I am sick of hearing people say " Coach K doesnot care about the money. The money has no effect on his descition. It is about the game,...... the challange,....the tradition,..... his loyalty,....bla bla bla.

$10,000,000 (look at those zeros) a year.
$833.333.33 a month (that like buying 12 homes a month in Butte, 5 in Missoula)
$190,307.69 a week (a new home paid for in cash every week)
$27,397.26 a day! (a new mini van every day)
Based on a 80 hr work week and working 52 weeks a year
$2400.00 an hour! (imagine every hour some one walks into YOUR office and hands you 2400 buck!)

Give me a break! Unless you are Bill Gates, $10,000,000 a year is going to make ANYONE sit up and notice and it will play a very major role in your ultimate descition!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:29 pm

Do you think NBA coaches really work 80 hour weeks? I never gave them that much credit. I figured it only took a couple extra hours per week to come up with what little strategy they employ for each game.

Yes, I'd take the money for that job. I'd probably do a lot of things (some of which would be even more compromising to my personal virtues than working for the loathsome Lakers) for that much money. I'm a whore in waiting, I'll admit it.
Last edited by SonomaCat on Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:46 pm

I think he would be crazy to jump from Duke to the Lakers. Why would he want to deal with those ego's? He is king at Duke with complete control over who he brings in. Face it he has the pick of <a href="http://www.seekseek.com/redlink.asp?k=High School&installation_id=8E63E277-9316-4C88-9B63-623EE66048AC&source_url=http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard/pos ... 4eb9642895" onMouseOver="window.status='High School';return true;" onMouseOut="window.status='';"> High School</a> player in the country. I am more of UNC fan than Duke fan, but just think he would be crazy to go to LA. Stay at Duke Coach K!!

What gives with all the garbage with in my post??
Last edited by canyoncat on Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:55 pm

I agree with Canyoncat. How in the world can he improve his quality of life with 10m that he can't do now with the 2M he makes at Duke? And why are the Lakers offering 10m to coach K when at that price they could have had Jackson back a proven NBA winner.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:55 pm

Oh lets see

$10,000,000 vrs. whining, ego
--------------------/\----------------------
/ \

I can put up with 5 years of a lot of crap for 50 mill and the premere team team in the NBA. I would spend five years in with what ever what the Lakers have to offer, then buy Hawaii, put my legs up drink gin and tonics for the next 30 years!

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:06 pm

But will O'Neal and Bryant be back next year? How much does Malone the playoff choker have left (same with Patyon)? He is going to have to start almost from scratch in LA. I don't think the fans and front office will be patient enough and will run him out of town within three years. Some guys are great college coaches, but just not NBA coaches. See Rick Patino when he came from Kentucky to Boston (not sure how to spell his name). If O'Neal and Bryant were back and on good terms (and if they would stay on good terms), then maybe Coach K should think about it.

Guess I just like the college game much better than the NBA!

GO CATS!!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:10 pm

mslacat: You just need to unleash some of that Frank Lloyd Wright talent of yours and bring in those kinds of dollars without being a sacrifice at the altar of professional sports.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:28 pm

It would be a mistake. Coach K would tarnish his record as he wouldn't have a stacked team of Mcdonald's all Americans every year and his coaching might get exposed for what it is. He can sure whine like a little kid on the sideline though. NBA refs wouldn't give him a break at all. If I were him I would stay at Duke (and I'm a Kentucky fan ... you would think I would want him to leave :).

CatfaninGA
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatfaninGA » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:13 pm

Well he is staying, allthough I am not happy about it, I think he made a wise choice.