Which incoming off. player will have the greatest impact?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Which Incoming Player will have the most impact on offense?

Chaz Guinn
35%
Justin Domineck
50%
Morris Milton
15%

Total votes: 20

ecat
New Recruit

Which incoming off. player will have the greatest impact?

Post by ecat » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:04 pm

Which first-year Bobcat will have the biggest impact on offense and why?

I think Guinn will have the greatest impact because we didn't really have a big play receiver last year. The year before we had Junior and Aaron Hill, who could both stretch the field. Guinn is big (6'3") and can run a 4.5 40 according to the insiders. I also think Mike Williams could be a weapon in the slot. I just hope the receivers perform better than last year.
Last edited by ecat on Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: Which incoming off. player will have the greatest impact

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:15 am

ecat wrote:Which first-year Bobcat will have the biggest impact on offense and why?

I think Guinn will have the greatest impact because we didn't really have a big play receiver last year. The year before we had Junior and Aaron Hill, who could both stretch the field. Guinn is big (6'3") and can run a 4.5 40 according to the insiders. I also think Mike Williams could be a weapon in the slot. I just hope the receivers perform better than last year.
I agree, I think we will have good depth at RB and should run the ball well, but with our OL dinged up our ability to run the ball might be more predicated on stretching out the defense down field. Guinn and Gatewood should foot the bill on this for us this year. Talking to MSU staff, they say that our team speed on O is WAYYYY better this year. Couple that with Lulay's running ability and our offense should be more wide open this year/harder to defend.

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:08 am

I agree that our offense is going to be better this year, just because of team speed. I am not too worried about the o-line as McAndo will be in his second year as o-line coach. This makes me think that Justin Domineck will have a big impact this year. Size and speed and hopfully the ablility to hit the hole real quick will help a young o-line. I wouldn't count out Morris Milton though. This back field my be the best we have ever had. Lulay, Domineck, Milton and Gathing. Should be a lot of fun to watch.

GO CATS!!