NCAA roster lists - players comings and goings

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

NCAA roster lists - players comings and goings

Post by mslacat » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:33 am

With-in the next couple of days D-1 teams accross the country will be required to submit there expected rosters to the NCAA, along with there lists for expected letter of intents scholarships, and renewed athlete scholarships for NCAA the coming year. It is kind of like NFL cut down day, where coaches have to notify athletes and the NCAA who will be coming back next year and NCAA verify some compliance issues. Coaches do not want to cut players too, early and then find out at the last minute another player they were counting on will not return. This does not mean that a coach can not release a player after this date (although it would be much more difficult) or add player, it is a list player who scholarships have been commited to.

The point!? Right now there is alot buzz that is surfacing about players who will not be returning / Quiting /or what ever. For the Griz right now it is said Roy Booker, & Mike Chavez will not be returning in basketball, and the list of football players is growing. What do you guys hear On the MSU athletics?

On the basketball side It has been reported that walk-ons Morales and Clift have transfered. Although I have not seen anything official, it really appears Owsley has transfered to a JC. Earlier this spring I heard some rumbling as to whether Towsley would return, but that rumor appears to be false, and I had heard Seaberge was trying to get his scholarship back, but instead signed with Western MT. Other than those transfers and rumors it appears that there should be no more moving on the basketball roster for next year (at least non that are expected)

So what can the rest of you guys report. Any type of summary on the different sports about non-seniors coming ang goings?

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:34 am

What is the word on Blake Garrison? Will he be enrolled at MSU trying to get his grades straightened out, or is he gone? As for other transfers leaving the program, I haven't heard anything except for what has been posted on this board. Hopefully nobody significant.

GO CATS!!

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:54 pm

The word I got from the O-line coach is that we will not see Garrison as a Bobcat. Issues were grades, shoulder, etc.

ZifCat52
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ZifCat52 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:15 pm

Mslacat,

Morales left and has comitted to Rocky, Clift left and will likely go back someplace near Spokane. Owsley left to resolve his personal issues and is apparently going to a JC somewhere, I think he would be welcomed back in the future if scholarships are available and his personal issues are resolved.

Towsley is back and enrolled in classes, he has been playing withthe team this week at the basketball camp. The only player on the current roster who hasn't been playing to date is Martrel Johnson, but he has taken summer classes at a JC in Vegas and is coming back as well.

ZifCat52

couloir41
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by couloir41 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:56 pm

on a football note garrison will not return...went back to texas...has not only a bad shoulder but also a back injury...could well be done....