New B-ball players in town

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

KSCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

New B-ball players in town

Post by KSCAT » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:45 pm

I know football is on everybodies mind right now, but I thought I'd give an update on how the 2004-2005 b-ball team is coming together. All of the new hoops recruits are in town and beginning to work out. I had a chance to watch them play this evening at the fieldhouse while coaching the b-ball camp. It is a little strange seeing so many new faces on the team. We should have an exciting team to watch next season. Here is my observations from the hour or so that they scrimmaged. I was pretty impressed with Marvin Moss. He was really out of shape but you can tell he is a workhorse out there. He's much shorter than I anticipated, about the same height as Dissly but well built. I really like Miller's game. I thought he would be a selfish player but he seems to have a great feel for the game with a sweet stroke. Big Al Beye is gonna be a factor next year. Despite how skinny he is he is so long and athletic that he alters so many shots. Jefferson is strong, athletic, looked good on defense, but had questionable ball handling skills. Pratt looked timid at first probably because he seemed to have just arrived in town and hadn't played at all with the guys. He has quite a bit of upside with his athleticism and length, but I think he is a year away from really contributing. Holmes has some good years ahead of him at MSU. The coaches hope to redshirt him simply because he is a little buried on the depth chart behind Brown, Miller, and Jefferson. Keep your eye on him in the future though. Overall I think there is plenty to be excited for. Anybody who wants to watch these guys scrimmage should pop into the upper deck of the fieldhouse tuesday or wednesday at 5:00 to watch these guys go up and down. It's also another opportunity to watch Jason Erickson work his magic.

Bobcat Born, Bobcat Bred, Gonna Be a Bobcat til' the day I'm Dead!!!!!!!!!!

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:40 pm

Thanks for the great info, KS. I, for one, am extremely exited about next year's team.

It's good to hear that a lot of the fellas are in town for the summer. This should be the most athletic team we've had in a long, long while. It will be interesting to see if they can gel in time for the early season.

Keep the B-Ball tidbits coming!