Mandy Morales

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

grizindabox
BobcatNation Redshirt

Mandy Morales

Post by grizindabox » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:47 am

The rumor is that she has backed out of her LOI to Arizona St and is looking to join the Lady Griz. Sounds like a mess to me.

thecitygriz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by thecitygriz » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am

grizindabox: Guess I fail to see just what "mess" you mean. A young gal, listening to a glib polished recruiter, gets talked into a decision that she comes to see is not right for her, finds that she'd rather play closer to home with former teammates from her high school championship teams, and opts out of her "committment." I love the way "committments" work in college sports--they're for the players, but not the coaches, athletic directors or schools! For failing to live up to her "committment" Mandy risks losing two years of eligibility, though that can be reduced to one if Arizona State "graciously" consents to release her, as they apparently will. Now if it had been the coach that had bolted, suddenly jilted the school, would Mandy have been allowed to opt out of her committment? Of course not! (Or is that what you meant by a "mess?")

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:46 am

The Lady Griz would welcome that "Mess". I'm wondering if the Cats are trying to get her to come to Bozeman.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:59 am

Unless ASU has granted her a release niether, UM or MSU can be " trying to get her to come to" to their campus. To do so would be a MAJOR NCAA infraction. If the rumor is that Mandy wants to attend UM, then unless UM has commited an infraction (which I highly doubt) the rumor would have to be all from Mandy's camp. Until the NCAA gives Montana the approval to talk with her I would bet all UM is doing is crossing their fingurs

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:23 am

ASU has stated that they will give her a release.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

grizindabox
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by grizindabox » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:43 am

All I meant by mess was the implications due to LOI, that is all. As for recruiting Mandy, It is ASU that will give permission to whom can contact Mandy, hence I highly doubt another Pac 10 school is in the picture, and rumor from Billings is that she is pretty set on enrolling at UM.

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:11 am

Cat Fans, don't get your hopes up to have her come to MSU. Her brother opted to leave and play for RMC, in Billings. Her dad lives in Billings, and her mother and her new husband live in Huntley. She is probably thinking that going that far may not work out. Plus, her friend Dana Conway is playing for U of M.

Bleedinbluengold

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:52 pm

Thanks grizhatr, I already stood to lose 1 night's sleep over this issue.

Speaking of hoops - I saw JR Camel at Hoopfest this past weekend. He looked sharp...and still has PLENTY of 'game.'

Interestingly enough, he and his team were wearing the old burnt orange and silver colors.

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:14 am

Sorry guys. :cry: Mandy is a Griz :D Being closer to home and all :?

Lady cats could have used a shooting guard.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:59 am

Lady Cats could use a lot of things right now, most of all stability.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:22 am

I don't see us competing for Montana recruits with the friz anytime soon because Selvig has a well established program there, and girls like to play with their statewide peers. I think we can only hope that our coach can recruit viable athletes that can challenge for the BSC title without the premier Montana recruits. Once in a while a player like Erin Goodman signs because sometimes even Robin Selvig can't turn Bobcat Blue blood Maroon!

2024 Resume dominance