Griz Transfer Tab Perry Rumor

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Griz Transfer Tab Perry Rumor

Post by PapaG » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:14 am

Just heard this Pac-10 star made grades at SJSU and will return to UCLA.

Please treat this as a rumor at this time.
Last edited by PapaG on Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:30 am

I thought he had to go to summer school first or am I mistaken? Is summer school over already on June 20? The Summer Solstice is June 21.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:39 am

Again this was all rumor, but I had heard about two weeks ago also that , he was returning to UCLA although I did not hear why.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:55 pm

There was a story in the LA Daily News that stated he wants to go back to UCLA, but I haven't seen anything further.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:47 pm

I'm now told that Perry is attending summer school at UCLA, not some other school, and that UM is no longer a possibility, but that some other Big Sky school (not MSU) will get him if his grades don't make the ... er... grade. Who knows?

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:11 pm

I am guessing Sac St. then as I think I had heard previously that it would be an easier transfer(school and credit wise) to go there.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:41 am

Could someone tell me how a guy could not be making grades at UCLA and as such transfer to a school like UM (or MSU for that matter) and play immediately. Now maybe Sac. St. does not have the acedemic standards of a UCLA (or maybe they do , I do not know) but the Montana schools standards have to pretty close at least to UCLA. What am I missing here!?

raincat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by raincat » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:06 am

True story.....a few years back the Bobcats were intent on bringing in a JC from Texas but he didn't even come close grade wise. He started that fall at defensive tackle for Weber State.

theblackgecko
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by theblackgecko » Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:57 pm

mslacat wrote:Could someone tell me how a guy could not be making grades at UCLA and as such transfer to a school like UM (or MSU for that matter) and play immediately. Now maybe Sac. St. does not have the acedemic standards of a UCLA (or maybe they do , I do not know) but the Montana schools standards have to pretty close at least to UCLA. What am I missing here!?
We might not have the research that UCLA does, but we certainly have quality undergraduate education at both the Montana schools. Maybe we make more of an exception for our athletes. I doubt we do more than the Pac-10 does. The Huskies always seem to be getting busted for some sort of criminal activity or another. Oregon got a convicted felon downgraded (James Woods) to be a backup corner. To think I had to study my way through college....
I fully believe you raincat, as Weber isn't the academic powerhouse for the state of Utah. It serves its pupose, but doesn't compare with UM/MSU for academics.
Last edited by theblackgecko on Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.