Three Football Scholarships left?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:52 am

Yeah, isn't it great to find a diamond in the rough! AWESOME!

raincat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by raincat » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:02 am

I'm not lobbying to bring in a D1 qb, but maybe I'm a Lulay agnostic. No question he's as good as we've had in a long time, but last season wasn't necessarily anything special for a "quality sophmore". His all-time Bobcat stat numbers for a sophmore are huge because frankly, the upper echelon all-time Bobcat qb stat numbers are not all that great. He looks like a leader, good in the pocket, does that funky little English football punt routine very nicely,etc. But to me this is the year that will tell the story, and like most of you I hope and expect it to be hugely successful. As far as the Houdini analogy...I agree, I saw him make our chances of beating Eastern disappear last year with several ill advised passes resulting in interceptations as he was outplayed by the young Eastern QB.
The real key in my view, as stated above? A good/decent offensive line can help make him an All-American.

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by hokeyfine » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:53 pm

lulay has never had phenomenol numbers. what he does have is everything else. how many times in the last two years has he gone down to injuries or bad play and had to be pulled. the cats have not had stability or excellence at qb since compson. not flashy, not a drop down, but realllllll steaddddyyyyyy.

Bleedinbluengold
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:07 pm

Mslacat - I did catch the attempted sarcasm - the problem I had was that it was kind of reverse sarcasm. If Hartman was on the Cat sideline, it would be Hauck that would be pointing and laughing at Krames, not the other way around.

And, BTW, Cats don't need no schtinkin' I-A QB transfer!!!
Last edited by Bleedinbluengold on Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:42 pm

I'm surprised that Kramer said only one off., but two def. Seems the defense is deeper, while the offense is questionable. I wouldn't mind seeing another receiver or a tackle, along with the frosh QB. The offense doesn't need another injury.
The JC kicker (Dorowski?) needs to come in with his head on straight. If he's dependable, it will cure a lot of woes and make the defense that much better. I wouldn't be surprise if MSU has the best defense in the league again this year.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:56 am

iaafan wrote:I'm surprised that Kramer said only one off., but two def. Seems the defense is deeper, while the offense is questionable. I wouldn't mind seeing another receiver or a tackle, along with the frosh QB. The offense doesn't need another injury.
The JC kicker (Dorowski?) needs to come in with his head on straight. If he's dependable, it will cure a lot of woes and make the defense that much better. I wouldn't be surprise if MSU has the best defense in the league again this year.
And you know what they say... Defense wins championships. Not a big surprise that the D is the main focus.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:53 pm

Has anyone heard anymore about the O-lineman from the Pac 10 school transfering in?

On a side note read over on egriz that Jay Hackett was cut by the Chargers a long with Jon Skinner.

GO CATS!!