Marketing

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SonomaCat

Marketing

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:40 am

We would definitely like to get as many active users as possible on this site, as that will just make it that much more enjoyable for everyone. If you have any friends or non-hostile acquaintances that you think would enjoy the BobcatNation.com site (and its future content) and this message board, please do us a huge favor and forward them the link. I will be pestering all of my friends and fellow MSU grads similarly later today.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:50 am

I'll forward this site to some of my fellow MSU alums. I think the Bobcat-only nature of it will attract more people than the ESPN format.

Thanks for the work and effort in setting this up!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:03 pm

rtb and kmax did 99.9% of the work on this site, and I think they did a great job. We'll be looking to add a lot more content to the main site as time goes on, so if anyone has any ideas, or feels creative, please let us know.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:18 pm

Great job with the site. Can't wait until September.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:45 pm

Cool - Awesome job on the site, glad it's up and running. I have a feeling it will be hopping shortly.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:50 pm

Great job everyone! This will be a fun site and hopefully we can keep the obnoxious ones out! Everything looks good so far and it is nice to have something a bit more professional.

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:55 pm

Good job looks great =D^

KSCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by KSCAT » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:10 pm

Great Job on the site. Based on the early set up I am very confident that in time this site will be something to be very proud of. Thanks for putting in the time and effort. GO CATS!!!!!!!

Bobcat Born, Bobcat Bred, Gonna Be a Bobcat til' the day I'm Dead!!!!!!!!!!

TripleG
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by TripleG » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:11 pm

HelenaCat wrote:Great job everyone! This will be a fun site and hopefully we can keep the obnoxious ones out! Everything looks good so far and it is nice to have something a bit more professional.
Hmmmm, so are you guys going to censor things over here? :roll: That'll be a popular decision...

You are all just full of G R I Z Envy!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:20 pm

As Tony Soprano said last night, "It's bidniss. It ain't a popularity contest."

Actually, I think the only people in danger of being censored are the ones that nobody will miss -- people who are simply too stupid to have a voice in any venue (especially one whose subject matter relates to higher education). I think that's fair.

rtb

More Coming Soon

Post by rtb » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:02 pm

Hey Everyone,

I am very excited by the comments so far. I hope that this site will be a weekly if not daily stop for Bobcat Fans nationwide. We already have plans for changes that will be made as soon as more content is available.

If you have pictures, or other things you would like to contribute, we would be glad to make them part of our site.

Thanks for stopping by the site, and keep spreading the word.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:09 pm

Any chance of getting a link on the official Bobcat athletics page. I really think that could also get the word out. Just a thought.

rollo_tumasi
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by rollo_tumasi » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:10 pm

Love the site, pictures need some work, glad to have our own site, but I'm sure it will never be as good as something from Missoula :roll:

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.'

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:11 pm

mslacat: Yes, we are working on that. In fact, we hope to have links up for many other MSU organizations (ASA, AA, etc.), but we are being really cautious on all of that stuff and making sure we have explicit permission before we go ahead with it. Please keep your brainstorming and let us know if there is anything else you would like to see -- we'll try to be as accomodating as possible.

rtb

Pictures

Post by rtb » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:13 pm

Rollo,

What kind of work do the pictures need? I am curious what you think.

Thanks

lovethecats
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by lovethecats » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:04 pm

Great work on the website! I love what you guys have done! I know that it's taken a ton of work, but it will be an awesome place for Cat fans to catch up! :)

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:25 pm

It's about time this website was developed. As a Avid Bobcat fan, I have to admit, I have read the "smack" on egriz, and their take on everything, but what counts. Oh yeah, they can't do that so well either, since they "thought" they were in the black, when they were really in the red. Anyway, way to go for those involved, and I look forward to reading and posting.

Go Cats!! :D

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:36 pm

The main fix I can see is with the pictures. Those pictures of #90 are not Neil Smith. They are John Taylor. Still great start to the site! Can't wait to see it as it developes :D

NavyBlue
BobcatNation Letterman

Congrats on the new site!

Post by NavyBlue » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:23 pm

I just wanted to say hello and say congrats on the new site. Looks very nice. Growing up in Montana, I have always had a soft spot for the Bobcats, I do like the Grizzlies too, however (uhhh can you do that?)

As a Utah State fan I would like to see USU and MSU continue playing basketball.

Feel free to stop by the Utah State Aggie board (www.ustateags.com)

I look forward to stopping by from time to time.

Grizcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Grizcat » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:51 pm

I've been posting on egriz just because I'm a real football guy, played some in college and like the conversation, but it's nice to have a home now.

Please don't worry about my user name. I attended both schools (Bobcat first, UM second) and I am a solid Catbacker!

Great board. Nice work.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.