Huse to U of M

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat Gal
BobcatNation Letterman

Huse to U of M

Post by Cat Gal » Fri May 14, 2004 3:48 pm

So, how did one of our former assistant men's basketball coaches end up going to the Griz? Even though he played high school basketball at Missoula Setinental, why would he do that? He was also men's bb coach at Jamestown with a great record and the AD. Was it money??? Inquiring minds need to know.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri May 14, 2004 4:15 pm

I did not know Huse was an assistant at MSU!? Huse a was on the short list to fill our vacant assistant coach possition, along with Danny Sprinkle and another. The possition was for the number two spot with Calson moving to the number one position. I have not heard any news in about a week and 1/2 about how the search is going so I do not know whether he was swiped away from us or whether another canidate is locked into the possition. From the Griz side, Huse played with Kysco in highschool and I believe is also good friends with Tinkle. He has a lot of family and friends in Missoula so I can see why it was real attractive. To be honest I am much happier with Kysco as the Head coach and Huse as an assistant than the other way around. My personal opinion is that Huse is a very talented coach and in any other situation than the one at U. of M. he would have gotten the head coaching job well ahead of Krysco. and Tinkle.

Cat Gal
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cat Gal » Fri May 14, 2004 4:22 pm

The only bad thing is that Huse knows Durham's coaching style inside and out. Huse was asst. coach before Brian Harrell. I think they made a very good move by having him coach. Good for the Griz, bad for MSU.

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Sat May 15, 2004 7:35 am

Heh, doesn't everyone know Mick's style by now?

Cat Pride
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat Pride » Mon May 17, 2004 7:41 am

Yes, overacheive with poor teams, underacheive with talented ones, falter in the second half with both.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Mon May 17, 2004 9:45 am

Getting Brad Huse is a huge feather in the Griz cap! I've known Brad since high school, quality coach and quality person.