Danny Sprinkle as new assistant?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GreatLakesCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Danny Sprinkle as new assistant?

Post by GreatLakesCat » Sat May 01, 2004 4:14 pm

Reading back a little in one of the other posts, I saw Cats14 mentioned having Danny Sprinkle return to be an assistant. I'd love to see sprinks return back home to work with the cats program. Unfortunately I don't think this will happen. Sprinkle would be a very popular choice for the job, but does anybody think that the hiring of Danny would put strain on Mick for his job in the future? I know Danny loves working in California and with his coaching staff now...but i'm sure he'd love to come back to MSU.

I want to know what people think: Does Mick not search out Sprinks for the job because he feels threatend that he'd be run out...?

If God made me a griz fan...I'd shoot myself...

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat May 01, 2004 4:23 pm

This is what I posted in another topic

No.
Everything I have heard from the MSU side and the Helena/Sprinkle side is that both parties would like to make this work. The work is in the details. I truely do not know what the details are but I would imagine it would be , Money, Long term contracts (which MSU can not offer), Is he first assistant or second, how much of a draw is Montana to Sprinkle.
I can tell you this Sprinkle and Durham have talked and from what I hear Sprinkle has to be considered the #1 canidate.

macormixx
New Recruit

Post by macormixx » Thu May 06, 2004 12:50 pm

I doubt that Durham would feel any threat that Sprinkle
would "run Durham off" -- quite the contrary in my opinion.
Durham hiring Sprinkle could actually be viewed as further
entrenchment. I'll be the first to say that Sprinkle is a high-
integrity, good-basketball guy and, should he be hired, he
will bring many, many good things to the Bobcats program.
But, we might also be open to the possibility of not going with
the familiar option.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri May 07, 2004 11:58 pm

Sprinkle has a lot of things going for him that would be assets to MSU. Namely he's an intense, savvy gym rat and is into sports in general, which means he'll put in the time necessary to make the team succeed. The years he put in at CSN should have him in a good situation to recruit that area.
Unlike football, a hoop program in the Big Sky can turn around over night and then go right back in the tank. MSU has a ways to go not only talent-wise, but especially mentality-wise to be a consistent winner.
Sprinkle would help in that regard, but the coaching staff will have to give him the freedom to do what he does best. I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to come back, but if Durham doesn't go after him it's just another bit of disappointing news coming out of the underacheiving hoop program at MSU.