1-AA video game

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

KSCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

1-AA video game

Post by KSCAT » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:01 pm

for the old school video game lovers here is a link to a tecmo super bowl game that has been converted to a 1-AA game with rosters from 2001 and 2002. i'm already addicted.

http://www.barthle.com/tsb1aa/

Bobcat Born, Bobcat Bred, Gonna Be a Bobcat til' the day I'm Dead!!!!!!!!!!

KSCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by KSCAT » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:02 pm

here is a list of the teams on the game:

2002 teams
------------
Appalachian State
Elon
Furman
Georgia Southern
Northwestern State
Wofford
Delaware
Western Kentucky
Youngstown State
Maine
Montana State
Villanova
Idaho State
Eastern Kentucky
Massachusetts
Fordham
Gardner-Webb

2001 teams
-----------
East Tennessee State
Lehigh
Montana
Northern Iowa
Eastern Illinois
Portland State
Rhode Island
Northern Arizona
Richmond
William and Mary
McNeese State

Bobcat Born, Bobcat Bred, Gonna Be a Bobcat til' the day I'm Dead!!!!!!!!!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:41 pm

Ya, those will suck you in. I always play Cat\Griz on the PS2, making my son be the Griz. I usually pummel him (OK, I may be lying here). Plus last year, it was really cool because we played the Cat's against UNI a few hours before the actual game started - it was smart enough to where the announcers were saying things like "On this Thanksgiving holiday" - Knowing that if those 2 tems met it would probably be in the first round of the playoffs. The effects are really cool, in the UNI dome too. UNI beat MSU in the PS2 game too, but only by 1 point. Kane Ione went down with an injury. It was eerily similar - except in real life, Thomas actually left the game with an injury...

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:35 pm

I may have to try out that 1-AA game. Presumably Ryan Johnson is as good as Bo Jackson on the original Tecmo Bowl...

I also enjoy playing with the Bobcats on the PS2... I put them in Dynasty mode and won the NC in year 9 after having been invited to replace Wyoming in the MWC and then UCLA in the Pac 10 (extremely realistic, of course). I think the PS2 knows the date, so that would explain the Thanksgiving reference. Unfortunately the 1-AA stadiums are not accurate. All the 1-AA domes seem to be the UI Kibbie Dome with different colors on the interior. Also, UM seems to play in approximately a 60,000 seat two-decked stadium. I was impressed with how well they did on the MSU unis and rosters.

GreatLakesCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by GreatLakesCat » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:43 pm

this is awesome...I used to have a Sega and I'd play Tecmo bowl all the time...this game is really addicting...thanks for pointing it out

If God made me a griz fan...I'd shoot myself...

Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Nick » Mon May 03, 2004 9:45 pm

Did anyone happen to notice that the PA announcer says "The Montana Grizzlies" when the Bobcats are playing and "The Montana State Bobcats" when the Grizzlies are playing? It's like some cruel joke. I wish they would get rid of the generic stadiums and put the actual ones in, I would love to see the cannon go off in the north endzone in Missoula. But one step at a time, I'm glad to see I-AA teams other than the Ivy Leauge finally put on a game like this.

Also something that isn't cool is that you can't play as a I-AA team online.....I don't know if any of you have tried that yet. Also something funny is the Grizzlies have like 4 rivals, one of the most I've seen out of any team on NCAA 2004.
Last edited by Nick on Mon May 03, 2004 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FTC

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon May 03, 2004 10:03 pm

Nick wrote:Did anyone happen to notice that the PA announcer says "The Montana Grizzlies" when the Bobcats are playing and "The Montana State Bobcats" when the Grizzlies are playing? It's like some cruel joke.
Yes I have noticed it and I hate it. Have to hit the mute button every time I play as the Cats without the "TV" announcers. Hope they correct that next year.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

GreatLakesCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by GreatLakesCat » Tue May 04, 2004 12:14 am

guys...don't be too critical...it's tecmo super bowl....if ya want graphics and stuff, get college football 2K4...other than that just be happy that the team is blue and gold and has junior adams and lulay...tcmo still rocks...my team of cats is 5-0 right now....dominating like I hope we do.

If God made me a griz fan...I'd shoot myself...

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue May 04, 2004 8:57 am

GreatLakesCat- Nick and I are actually referring to the EA Sports NCAA 2004 game, that is the one that has the announcers saying the wrong school name for MSU and UM. I love Super Tecmo Bowl, still have my old nintendo with the original game as a matter of fact.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

rtb

NCAA 2004

Post by rtb » Tue May 04, 2004 10:56 pm

Regarding the NCAA 2004 mistake with the wrong P.A. garbage, why don't we all head over to the E.A. Sports webpage and throw them a complaint. Maybe that will help fix the problem. Also why isn't the MSU school song right? They can use the same song they already have in the game for University of Ohio. Please everyone send EA a complaint. It drives me crazy.

JahGriz

Post by JahGriz » Wed May 05, 2004 12:42 pm

I sent EA two e-mails last year about the mistakes in NCAA 2004. Didn't even get a responce from them. The 2005 versions of NCAA and Madden sound like killer games. Additional control over ever aspect of the game. Hopefully they get the details right this time though.

gfallscat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gfallscat » Wed May 05, 2004 12:45 pm

when will the new EA SPORTS 2005 college football be released?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed May 05, 2004 12:52 pm

I believe EA usually releases the NCAA football game in July. Hopefully they fix the announcer mistakes and maybe get the stadiums better this year.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed May 05, 2004 10:58 pm

Like I said, I'm just happy for us to finally be on the game. Hopefully they fix the PA problem though, it's dissapointing that no one caught that error. As for the fight songs, all I-AA tunes are generic -- meaning they just kind of made them up to sound peppy. You've probobly noticed the stadiums are like that too. Washington-Grizzly is a double decker bowl and Bobcat Stadium looks like Nelson Stadium in Helena or a larger high school.

FTC