More mentions of Thomas on ESPN Radio

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

More mentions of Thomas on ESPN Radio

Post by mslacat » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:44 am

This morning I was listening to ESPN radio and the Host Colin Cowherd ( I miss Tony K.) was giving out different award concerning the this week ends NFL draft, i.e. Most over rated, Most likely to be arreested ect.. He gave an award that was titled something like" The Award that is most likely to make me(Cowherd) look like a draft genius by mentioning this Kid" Joey Thomas of The Montana State. He went on to say, he (Joey) is tall athleteic, can shut down a half of the field and will be a future pro bowler.
Again I thought it was a good mention for Thomas.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:50 am

I hope this guy is, in fact, a draft genius.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:00 pm

That's great. Anybody know the projection for Corey Smith being drafted as a return man???

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:22 pm

Corey almost certainly will not be drafted... hopefully someone gives him a shot as a free agent, but it will be tough for him since he probably will never be a NFL-caliber WR.

As for ESPN radio, nice mention of Joey. Unfortunately here in Bozeman we only get it on evenings and weekends. On weekdays the station plays country music, Bill O'Reilly, and Sean Hannity.

BTW, nice picture catatac.
Last edited by MSU01 on Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lifesapuntreturn
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lifesapuntreturn » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:06 pm

ESPN's Cowherd is an EWU product who was doing sports talk radio in Portland before he went national on ESPN. He does a segment on his show every day, year around, called The Daily Football Fix, because he loves to talk football. He probably knows his football stuff as well as anybody, and because of his northwest background and knowledge, his comments on Joey Thomas are as reliable as anybody's.

He likes MSU people as well, since he's already had Joe Tiller and Dennis Erickson on his show. Maybe Joey will be next!