Starting Lineup

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Starting Lineup

Post by wbtfg » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:17 pm

I know it's early, but I am really getting excited looking at our first stringers, and we actually have a little depth this year too!! Who does everyone has as starters...here's mine

Offense:

WR: Gatewood
WR: D. Williams/Guinn/Alley/Sullivan/M. Willams
WR

OT: Hirst
OT: Garrison/Brewton/Jenson/Beniger/Daws....We need someone to step up.

OG: Bolton
OG: Birkland

C: Wolf/Figueroa

TE: Wolf

QB: The Red Headed Houdini

RB: Gathing/Domenic

Defense

DE: Matakis
DE: Lowe/Gluhm

DT: Clark
DT: Sebestyen

OLB: Marudus
OLB: Cooper
MLB: Mollohan

CB: Hunter
CB: Eddie Smith

S: Force
S: Grenfell/Corky Lindsay

That is a SOLID team with many capable backups. The only question marks are how our receivers and DBs develop as well as at LT. Is it August yet??

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: Starting Lineup

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:30 pm

Offense:

WR: Gatewood
WR: Guinn
WR D. Williams or Alley

OT: Hirst
OT: Garrison or Beniger (have a feeling Beniger can come in and do well
RIGHT AWAY).

OG: Bolton
OG: Birkland or Beniger

C: Wolf/Figueroa

TE: Wolf

QB: The Red Headed Houdini

RB: Gathing/Domenick (I think it will be one of these 2 as well)

Defense

DE: Matakis
DE: Lowe/Gluhm

DT: Clark
DT: Sebestyen

OLB: Marudus
OLB: Cooper
MLB: Mollohan

CB: Hunter
CB: Eddie Smith

S: Force
S: Grenfell/Corky Lindsay

I am also very excited about the depth the Cats could have this year. Matakis sounds like he is a stud and will be awesome to plug in there. If we can get Beniger or Garrison (both have size) to pan out this year and be starters we could have making for a darn nice team this year. Very athletic and hard nosed defense. Its gonna be a long 3-4 months! :(

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:34 pm

[quote][/quote]
I agree with your lineups.
I would throw DeCock in the mix at LT, and Roosevelt at WR. I would also consider Milton at RB - I was impressed with his short performance on Saturday, given he's not at 100% - and McInerny is a very good backup. We also can't forget the contribution that Goodman is going to make - if he is fully rehabbed and doesn't redshirt, which I think will be the case.
On Defense I put Eggart and Molock into the list for LB (for 3-4 and other packages).
On the downside, there are several unanswered questions that we have listed as starters. Questions that are on players that haven't yet shown up for school, let alone practice. I feel good about the situation, but yet the questions linger.
On the upside, do you realize that of those starters that you have listed, they will all return for 2005 on Offense, except for Blake Wolf and Eddie Sullivan?
As of today, we have great potential for next fall. And in April, that's what you need.