Joey on ESPN Radio

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Joey on ESPN Radio

Post by MSU01 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:46 am

For anyone browsing the boards this morning... I just heard on ESPN Radio(1090 AM in Bozeman) that Joey will be interviewed on Mel Kiper's show today in the next hour or so.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:55 am

Never mind... Joey was on right after I posted the message. They seem to be focusing (not surprisingly) on how he started at Washington but the coaches there told him he couldn't play there.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:59 am

I got lucky and read your post right away, so I caught the tail end of the interview. Joey represented pretty well. I'm excited for him for the upcoming draft -- that's got to be the thrill of a lifetime and a great payday for all of his hard work on and off the field.

It's not bad exposure for MSU, either.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:59 pm

I had just jumped in the car with the Kids when they mentioned Thomas was coming up after a break. The kids had to wait a little bit longer to get to Burger King, but I got to listen to the whole thing. Joey, again did us proud, what i got out of the interview, was that Joey was a fighter and was not going to listen to a coach who said he was not a D-1 CB. Someone at Washington made a big mistake (was not Hauck his possition coach can anybody confirm or denie). A kid can be a second round draft pick playing for Montana State. Most of all , and maybe Mr. Hartman should have listened, keep your head high and take the high road when talking about your former team.

The other thing was that Draft guru Mel Kiper projected joey to go late in the second, taken by the Carolina Panthers.

Good piece on Joey, and good press for The Montana State