I can't help but think...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Obzerver
BobcatNation Letterman

I can't help but think...

Post by Obzerver » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:04 pm

that MSU should be in the playoffs. The Bobcats were much stronger than SIU. We fumbled the ball on the 1 then on the 3 then threw a pic on the 10 and then missed a 25 yard field goal. That should have been a 20pt win. MSU and even PSU could have made some noise in the playoffs if someone would finally take notice of the BSC...and besides I like Bozeman!

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:14 pm

When you have 3 quality teams in the Big Sky there is a great chance the are just going to beat each other up and make it easier for the east coast voters to discount the 2nd and/or third team. It will really help if EWU and UM go far in the playoff to show how good the Sky was this year!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:15 pm

Thanks for the kind words Obzerver. Oh for what could have been. :( While the Cats and Vikes may have been able to make some noise in the playoffs, they did not deserve to be in the playoffs. Glad to see the Big Sky being well represented by the Griz and the Eagles and looking forward to a Griz-Eagles semifinal.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:23 pm

I agree with the comments above. Thanks for the nice words and I think you and the griz proved the BSC is tougher than most thought this season. This just wasn't our season and you guys deserve to be where you are. Good luck this weekend and if both the BSC teams advance to next weekend, you have to beat the griz in Missoula. If they go to the National championship game I don't think I can stand the offseason. Thanks again.

suckitgriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by suckitgriz » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:33 pm

Kick their A** EWU- show them who the better team is this year. I will be cheering for you in the Beautiful Town of Bozeman.

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cats15 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:35 pm

Yeah if you guys end up playing the griz in the next round i will be there in the EWU section cheering for you guys. I think you will need everyone you can get at washingtion grizzly. Plus i could stand the offseason either if they made the championship.

GO Eagles

velochat

Post by velochat » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:49 pm

The Big Sky wins show even further that Cal Poly should have been in. Good luck Eagles! I won't say who I'm for in the WILDCATfriz game.

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:47 am

I too already have a ticket secure to see the shoot out between EWU and Griz. What chance to see two Big Sky teams face each other in the playoffs. Good luck to EWU this weekend.

Bleedinbluengold
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:59 pm

Everyone can't get in, and the right teams made it to the playoffs this year from the BSC. While some other BSC teams might be better than teams that made the playoffs, the other conferences have to be represented - that's how the NCAA lays it out and I agree with that format for college. The 16 teams that make it probably aren't the 16 best in I-AA, but they are pretty damn good nevertheless.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:42 am

Cal Poly got screwed big time. They're better than half the teams that made it in IMO.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

theblackgecko

Post by theblackgecko » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:42 am

Bleedinbluengold wrote:The 16 teams that make it probably aren't the 16 best in I-AA, but they are pretty damn good nevertheless.
The main thing that we found out in the first round of the playoffs is that Cal-Poly is deserving of a playoff bid, and Lehigh isn't, which we knew already. Still, it's good to see that the 'Sky is getting a bit of respect. Considering that teams from the 'Sky have been given the de facto 16 seed for three years running, the accomplishments are even more impressive.

You know, various people, someday the good Lord will hold you accountable for cheering for teams from the East Coast. That, various people, must truly rank on the list of deadly sins of football.