Question on starting up...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Obzerver
BobcatNation Letterman

Question on starting up...

Post by Obzerver » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:16 pm

this message board. This is a great format and a few EWU fans are thinking about undertaking getting a board started. The question is where does one start, any info would be appreciated...thanks. Looking forward to our 11/13 date in Bozeman. Now, there won't be any snow on the ground and the roads will be clear and dry...right? Seriously how will the travel be from the Spokane area on 11/13?

rtb

Set Up

Post by rtb » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:29 pm

Getting the board set up was pretty much kmax's job. He took care of the entire message board set up. For the rest of the site I did the set up with a lot of direction from Kmax. The website stuff is fairly easy, and I have actually been involved with other projects in the last few weeks. To get info about the message board you should contact kmax via private message or email on this board. For other questions or graphics feel free to email me via the contact us link on the main page. I would be willing to do some graphics for you guys if you want, let me know.

Thanks for checking out our site. Be careful, when you start up a page everything else in you life gets neglected. Ask my professors!! :)

goGriz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by goGriz » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:10 pm

If you go to http://www.phpbb.com/ you can download the message board. Its open source and pretty easy to set up as long as you can find a server that supports php and a database connection and have just a little bit of web knowledge.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:00 am

Obzerver, welcome to the board. As rtb said I did most of the work setting up the board and goGriz is correct, it really isn't all that difficult. The host that we picked actually had it already on their servers and I was able to just install it from the web site control panel. I did alot of customizations on the board that took a bit, but it isn't necessary to have a board as it pretty much works out of the box. Shoot me an email at kevin@bobcatnation.com if you would like to talk about it or ask some questions.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon