MAP Brewing Co./Bobcat Collective Beer Design

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: MAP Brewing Co./Bobcat Collective Beer Design

Post by tdub » Thu May 23, 2024 10:30 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 8:46 am
tdub wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 8:38 am
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 8:30 am
I offer up the idea of naming this beer RUSH GOLD

The words RUSH GOLD should be printed over a background of the stadium with a sunset scene like during the Gold Rush game.

The beer itself should be something similar to MAP PARTY though needs to be distinctly different.
In keeping with the word rush there should be a taste that gives a little kick.
Another angle would be to have a little caffeine or other stimulant to give the drinker a little rush.
Not wanting it to be a gimmicky beer but we can trust MAP to do this thing right.
I think that is a great idea on the name. Not big on caffeinated alcohol personally. But it’s typically hot during Gold Rush, and so a lighter “Rush Golden Lager” (or maybe Rush Golden Ale) would be awesome.
I like this idea. Good Work!
Too bad Rush Reimer isn't still here.......perfect NIL opportunity.
Thank you. Passing credit to Joe Bobcat. His brainchild…

I put together a very rudimentary sketch for the can

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu May 23, 2024 12:13 pm

tdub wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 10:30 am
HelenaCat95 wrote:
tdub wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

The words RUSH GOLD should be printed over a background of the stadium with a sunset scene like during the Gold Rush game.

The beer itself should be something similar to MAP PARTY though needs to be distinctly different.
Another angle would be to have a little caffeine or other stimulant to give the drinker a little rush.
Not wanting it to be a gimmicky beer but we can trust MAP to do this thing right.
I think that is a great idea on the name. Not big on caffeinated alcohol personally. But it’s typically hot during Gold Rush, and so a lighter “Rush Golden Lager” (or maybe Rush Golden Ale) would be awesome.

Hey I like the horse and rider with MAP flag and mostly blue can! The stadium and sunset in varying shades of gold in the background would be awesome.
Personal preference would be for the name to be RUSH GOLD with golden ale below that.

Rush fits well with the halftime rush to the tailgates and rush back to make the second half kick off after a few smooth and easy drinking beers.
Obviously rush gold is just a flip of gold rush kind of like Cardi B

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu May 23, 2024 1:05 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 12:13 pm
tdub wrote:
HelenaCat95 wrote:
tdub wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

Hey I like the horse and rider with MAP flag and mostly blue can! The stadium and sunset in varying shades of gold in the background would be awesome.
Personal preference would be for the name to be RUSH GOLD with golden ale below that.

Rush fits well with the halftime rush to the tailgates and rush back to make the second half kick off after a few smooth and easy drinking beers.
It doesn't hurt that MSU is one of the best RUSHING teams in the FCS too. I don't have much of an opinion on any of this as I'm a hillbilly macro light beer drinker, but I think the word rush is good to have in the name.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu May 23, 2024 1:50 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:05 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 12:13 pm
tdub wrote:
HelenaCat95 wrote:
tdub wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

It doesn't hurt that MSU is one of the best RUSHING teams in the FCS too. I don't have much of an opinion on any of this as I'm a hillbilly macro light beer drinker, but I think the word rush is good to have in the name.
i bet we are top 4 in passing yards this year and top 3 in starting QB rating. hold my beer.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Thu May 23, 2024 7:26 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 8:51 am
tdub wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

I understand you on the caffeine thing and like I said not looking for something too gimmicky but thinking of the younger and larger population of tailgater.
You can't caffinate alcohol. See what happened with 4 loko and sparks.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri May 24, 2024 9:20 am

coloradocat wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 9:15 am
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 8:51 am
tdub wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

I understand you on the caffeine thing and like I said not looking for something too gimmicky but thinking of the younger and larger population of tailgater.
406 LOKO
Big fan of Coffee Stouts.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

bvancleeve
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bvancleeve » Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:24 pm

Contest is officially active. Deadline is June 21st. We will be taking all the ideas shared on here already, but I still encourage you to engage with our social media on the topic so we can maximize exposure to this initiative. :)

Brandon Vancleeve
President - Bobcat Collective
Email: brandon@bobcatcollective.com
Important Links: https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective

msubobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by msubobcat » Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:23 am

This one is good!

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RICO CAT » Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:49 am

So many creative ideas here ! These are great, it’s shaping up to be a tough competition.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

catfan1141
New Recruit

Post by catfan1141 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:09 pm

This is so exciting! While I can't offer much in terms of can graphics, I think MAP makes some really incredible beers and will be perfect for this.
Assuming that the point of the brew is for pounding at tailgates, so I'd suggest staying away from darker, heavier beers... in the past summers, MAP has made Pat's River Beer, which I understand isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I think something along the lines of a Pale Ale or a type of lager would be great for tailgates!

catfan1141
New Recruit

Re: MAP Brewery/Bobcat Collective Beer Design

Post by catfan1141 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:11 pm

lutecat wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 2:43 pm
VIM Vienna lager
I love a Vienna Lager, and incorporating VIM is great! I think keeping it special to MSU, but not too niche is the way to go.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: MAP Brewery/Bobcat Collective Beer Design

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:19 am

catfan1141 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:11 pm
lutecat wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 2:43 pm
VIM Vienna lager
I love a Vienna Lager, and incorporating VIM is great! I think keeping it special to MSU, but not too niche is the way to go.
Does @VimSince03 get a cut of the royalties for that? :lol:

bvancleeve
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bvancleeve » Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:42 am

Brandon Vancleeve
President - Bobcat Collective
Email: brandon@bobcatcollective.com
Important Links: https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective

msubobcat
BobcatNation Letterman