Gold Rush t-shirt designs. Voting starts on Friday.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Gold Rush t-shirt designs. Voting starts on Friday.

Post by coloradocat » Sat May 04, 2024 6:11 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:25 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:04 pm
Man, some online store has already stolen the designs and knocking them off onto their own products.

I don't know how this works, but I think it's all bots. If you follow high school sports in MT, you might see a post on social media from a tiny school, and there will be a bot post saying they have apparel for sale. I do know they aren't paying any licensing royalties, or even asking if licensing is required for the use of the logo. I don't know for a fact that this is what's happening here, but I'd bet money it is. I don't know how these accounts don't get completely shut down. That design might not be trademarked, but MSU's logo is...maybe they just know exactly what they can get away with.
I think we can safely assume that these companies are not American and care little for our IP laws. We can probably narrow down the country of origin to one that rhymes with a female body part, and not Delores for the Seinfeld fans out there. :wink:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat May 04, 2024 7:16 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:11 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Man, some online store has already stolen the designs and knocking them off onto their own products.

I don't know how this works, but I think it's all bots. If you follow high school sports in MT, you might see a post on social media from a tiny school, and there will be a bot post saying they have apparel for sale. I do know they aren't paying any licensing royalties, or even asking if licensing is required for the use of the logo. I don't know for a fact that this is what's happening here, but I'd bet money it is. I don't know how these accounts don't get completely shut down. That design might not be trademarked, but MSU's logo is...maybe they just know exactly what they can get away with.
I think we can safely assume that these companies are not American and care little for our IP laws. We can probably narrow down the country of origin to one that rhymes with a female body part, and not Delores for the Seinfeld fans out there. :wink:
? Mulva ?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sat May 04, 2024 7:26 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:11 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Regina is in Canada, not a country and they wouldn't do such a thing. :lol:

Sports is not bigger than life

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue May 21, 2024 10:29 am

Was the winning design ever announced?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue May 21, 2024 10:53 am

coloradocat wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 10:29 am
I haven’t seen an announcement yet, but I’d put money on the horse shirt to win again. I picked the stadium shirt though.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Tue May 21, 2024 8:48 pm

rivercat wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 7:06 pm
This will date me, but the top right gives off Ms. Kitty's vibes. Tried to search online for the logo but couldn't find it.

Disclaimer: Our office was on the other side of N. Willson from the establishment.
It's Erotique now

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Tue May 21, 2024 9:21 pm

Maybe it was a three way tie.

Punters are people too!!

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed May 22, 2024 10:59 am

AFCAT wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 10:53 am
coloradocat wrote:
I haven’t seen an announcement yet, but I’d put money on the horse shirt to win again. I picked the stadium shirt though.
The stadium shirt should be the winner and it's not even close.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed May 22, 2024 11:05 am

CatBlitz wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:59 am
AFCAT wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 10:53 am
coloradocat wrote:
The stadium shirt should be the winner and it's not even close.
SHOULD BE, based on your opinion...and mine. But if they stick with the vote like they said they were doing, the horse shirt has a pretty big lead on Facebook and Instagram. The stadium one has the lead on twitter but far lower engagement there.