Spring Ball

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Spring Ball

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:40 pm

VIGEN SZN wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:17 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:34 pm
lutecat wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:00 pm
kwcat wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:21 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:26 pm
gtapp wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:44 am
Vigen made a comment about the DL needing to catch up I will take that as DT's. We have always lacked quality depth at DT. Hard to find big and athletic DT's at our level. I think we have some good players at DT but not great and I worry about even one injury and the effect it will have at that position.
Hard to say without knowing who all is playing. Spring ball tends to have players sitting out or limited due to injury/surgery. With Valdez gone the position isn’t as good as it would’ve been but there seems to be a lot of talent there between Schmidt, Brott, and Black. Are any of them out?
Not for sure who all is out. I see in the scrimmage that Sharbono played quite a bit
Sharbano....seeing where we are and his last name(though spelled differently) we should call him....T Sharbano!
Sharbono was a nice development Saturday. I believe he’s a DT and that kind of production from that spot is impressive.

I think MSU might be really good at LB with Bryce Grebe in the mix. Could actually have good depth there, which hasn’t been the case recently. Add in Owens and Daly as coaches and who knows.

Secondary looks really good. Tons of experience and getting Polidore back at full strength is going to make a big difference.
Been following Sharbono in NE small town Montana for a long time. Hard working kid with god-given natural ability across multiple sports. Excited to see him fill that frame a little more and see what he can do moving forward.

Word around the program is coaches and players are calling him The "Fairview Freak"... Now that's a nickname 8)
I remember watching him play hoops. Huge legs and agile. Eckert also looks good. MSU could have six solid DTs by the start of the season.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:23 pm

Now hearing that Colson Coon has been really impressive during spring ball aside from his good stats.

In case you don't recall Coon led Sheridan (Wyo.) HS to two straight state titles and collected the Wyoming GOPY award both seasons. He ran for over 500 yards in a single game and had well over 2,000 yards rushing to go along with 34 rushing TDs his final season. He also caught two TD passes and threw for a TD.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:45 pm

He was very impressive at last Saturday's scrimmage.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:59 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:40 pm
VIGEN SZN wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
lutecat wrote:
kwcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
gtapp wrote:
Vigen made a comment about the DL needing to catch up I will take that as DT's. We have always lacked quality depth at DT. Hard to find big and athletic DT's at our level. I think we have some good players at DT but not great and I worry about even one injury and the effect it will have at that position.
Hard to say without knowing who all is playing. Spring ball tends to have players sitting out or limited due to injury/surgery. With Valdez gone the position isn’t as good as it would’ve been but there seems to be a lot of talent there between Schmidt, Brott, and Black. Are any of them out?
Not for sure who all is out. I see in the scrimmage that Sharbono played quite a bit
Sharbano....seeing where we are and his last name(though spelled differently) we should call him....T Sharbano!
Sharbono was a nice development Saturday. I believe he’s a DT and that kind of production from that spot is impressive.

I think MSU might be really good at LB with Bryce Grebe in the mix. Could actually have good depth there, which hasn’t been the case recently. Add in Owens and Daly as coaches and who knows.

Secondary looks really good. Tons of experience and getting Polidore back at full strength is going to make a big difference.
Been following Sharbono in NE small town Montana for a long time. Hard working kid with god-given natural ability across multiple sports. Excited to see him fill that frame a little more and see what he can do moving forward.

Word around the program is coaches and players are calling him The "Fairview Freak"... Now that's a nickname 8)
I remember watching him play hoops. Huge legs and agile. Eckert also looks good. MSU could have six solid DTs by the start of the season.
Roster lists him at 235. If that is accurate..... I don't care how strong he is, way undersized for a DT.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:09 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:59 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
VIGEN SZN wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
lutecat wrote:
kwcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
gtapp wrote:

Roster lists him at 235. If that is accurate..... I don't care how strong he is, way undersized for a DT.
The roster isn’t accurate.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:40 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
lutecat wrote:
kwcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
gtapp wrote:

DT Sharbano?

Everyone realizes I'm making a Lewis and aclark reference right? And there used to be a boutique in downtown Bozeman call T Sharbeneau.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:43 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:09 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:59 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
VIGEN SZN wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
lutecat wrote:
kwcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
gtapp wrote:

The roster isn’t accurate.
Wait what? Now way!

Lol

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:31 pm

Sharbono bio from signing day:
Hunter Sharbono, DT
6-2, **235,** Fr, Fairview, MT (Fairview)
Player Notes: A four-time 8-Man All-State selection who also plays basketball and competes in track... played on Fairview's state title team as a freshman in 2019, helping the Warriors advance to the semifinals this fall as a senior. From MSU Defensive Line Coach Shawn Howe: "Hunter has shown great position versatility in his high school career, and has excelled at everything he's done. I believe when he's able to focus on one position he will excel and have a bright future at MSU."

Most of the young players don’t have their weight updated. I’m sure he’s well over 235.

toM StUber

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:59 pm

Derek Marks was unblockable at 250.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:35 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:59 pm
Derek Marks was unblockable at 250.
Preach!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:31 pm
Hunter Sharbono, DT
Player Notes: A four-time 8-Man All-State selection who also plays basketball and competes in track... played on Fairview's state title team as a freshman in 2019, helping the Warriors advance to the semifinals this fall as a senior. From MSU Defensive Line Coach Shawn Howe: "Hunter has shown great position versatility in his high school career, and has excelled at everything he's done. I believe when he's able to focus on one position he will excel and have a bright future at MSU."

Most of the young players don’t have their weight updated. I’m sure he’s well over 235.

Currently closer to 280

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:02 pm

kwcat wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Hunter Sharbono, DT

Currently closer to 280
Thanks for the update. Not surprised. 235 in December of 2022 to 280 in April of 2024. 45 lbs in about 1.5 years in a college football nutrition and training program. 2.5 lbs per month. I know I can do, and have done, that easily. 🤣🤣

toM StUber

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:13 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:02 pm
kwcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Hunter Sharbono, DT

Currently closer to 280
Thanks for the update. Not surprised. 235 in December of 2022 to 280 in April of 2024. 45 lbs in about 1.5 years in a college football nutrition and training program. 2.5 lbs per month. I know I can do, and have done, that easily. 🤣🤣
I think they are trying to put about 10 more pounds on him yet before fall
Beings he was out all last year with an injury this is pretty much a red shirt freshman at this point I think he’s gonna do OK once the game slows down for him. I know he is the second fastest on the D line behind Grebe
Last edited by kwcat on Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:15 pm

toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:16 pm

kwcat wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:13 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
kwcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Hunter Sharbono, DT

Currently closer to 280
Beings he was out all last year with an injury this is pretty much a red shirt freshman at this point I think he’s gonna do OK once the game sells down for him. I know he is the second fastest on the D line behind Grebe
:shock: Holy smokes

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:23 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:16 pm
kwcat wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:13 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
kwcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Hunter Sharbono, DT

Currently closer to 280
Beings he was out all last year with an injury this is pretty much a red shirt freshman at this point I think he’s gonna do OK once the game sells down for him. I know he is the second fastest on the D line behind Grebe
:shock: Holy smokes
To both adding ten more pounds and being second fastest DL. Mostly second fastest DL though. Damn. Creating a monster?

toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:38 pm

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:42 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:38 pm
Love this quote from Tommy: "You know, just being able to be vocal and lead, because they’ve seen what it’s like to be successful. They’ve also seen what it’s like to go home early in December."

That alone is what I think is gonna make this Bobcat team scary for the upcoming season. The job isn't finished....

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:14 pm

You have to like how both lines are shaping up.

toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:50 pm

Someone asked about stuff to do with their kids at the game.