Housewright cited for aggravated DUI

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re: Housewright cited for aggravated DUI

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:48 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:24 pm
To answer some questions.

There have been a lot of questions about contracts, specifically for coaches, who do indeed sign written contracts. MSU coaches’ contracts are actually with the Board of Regents of the Montana University System, administered through the authority granted to the Commissioner of Higher Education. What may and may not be done administratively is determined by those entities, not Montana State University. Just so you don’t think I’m off the rails, here is the statement from the Personnel section of the Regents’ Manual.
MUS Policies and Procedures wrote:The Board of Regents, pursuant to its constitutional authority to supervise and manage the Montana University System (MUS), hereby delegates to the Commissioner of Higher Education the authority to approve employment contracts offered to contract professional personnel, contract administrative personnel and athletic coaches.
I could quote a lot more, but all the rules are laid out in the Policies and Procedures Manual for Employee Contracts (Non-faculty).

https://mus.edu/borpol/bor700/index.html

Enjoy. 😺
Rather amusing you post this, at least to me. As I recall from my coursework a few years ago, the number one reason for a governmental institution to get sued is they violated their own policy. Wonder why that place 202 miles to the west is continually in the papers for former employees suing their ass?

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:03 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:26 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:16 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:40 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:50 am
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:31 am
MT Logger wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:09 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:28 am
MT Logger wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:11 pm
PapaG wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:30 pm
Made the poor decision to visit the cesspool known as egris and by far the hottest topic is about MSU and as usual, that thread is full of the usual ignorance on the legal process in firing or suspending state employees from the same gang of idiots and snarks you’d expect. Absolute garbage message board with functionality and design that seems to be from 2011, at least on an iPhone.

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewforum.php?f=1

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?t=90915
I guess I'm a bit curious as to how this will play out as well. The fact is that someone chose to suspend Garza after his arrest for a third DUI...for one game, and then he's back coaching and recruiting. What was that "process" based off of? Some kind of protocol? Seems they really botched that and it's now going to create a sticky situation for how to deal with these other cases relative to each other, especially since they will po intentially get resolved at the same time.
What was "botched"? He was penalized and then everyone moved on. Is the team/school supposed to fire someone as soon as they are charged with a crime? Just because a similar event took place months later doesn't mean they handled Garza inappropriately.
Botched because it was his third DUI and he was let go at his last two jobs for the same thing. He missed one game after getting his third DUI. Does that sound normal to you? You would think his hiring would have been with the caveat that any alcohol related infraction and he's gone. At the very least, suspended until his court hearing. This isn't about football for me, it's about having standards.
Careful you’re making waaaaay too much sense over here. Cue the DUI apologists in 3…2….1

Not sure why it is so hard for some to understand the difference between accused and convicted. Not sure of the apologist you refer to versus those okay with waiting for the case to play out.
Please answer this…..why couldn’t the university or coaching staff immediately suspended these coaches (with pay for all care) indefinitely until the charges are resolved in a court of law. Why is that difficult? Why is there an issue with that? That would be the 100% NORMAL thing to do and how probably 99% of universities and employers handle these situations. By not doing that, MSU is giving them a slap on the wrist and publicly stating they don’t think this is a big deal. That’s insane to me! It’s Garza’s 3rd DUI and he has a past history of issues, yet a one game suspension and they have already signed him to new contract. That’s is an absolutely terrible look for the university and the MSU program. And now their hands are tied to do something different with your OC and RB coach.
Easy answer. Because they don't do that to all other workers in the University system. Add i the fact it takes 6-12 months to go thru the court system (how do replace the employee while out on suspension). Great stats, please show where you got the 100%normal and 99% if University figures on how it is handled. How is it a slap on wrist when final punishment is pending. Does that mean everyone charged for something but gets bail is only getting a slap on the wrist.
******, this wasn’t his first dui infraction and he came in with a ton of baggage. There had to be measures and safeguards in place for the university to handle any issues with him in a swift and stern matter. He wasn’t just “any other university employee” and he came in with a ****** ton more history than “any other university employee”. He was suspended for a 3 hour game. That is the definition of a slap on the wrist. And they have already resigned him….they were never concerned with how this would play out.
Meltdown

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:29 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:26 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:16 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:40 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:50 am
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:31 am
MT Logger wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:09 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:28 am
MT Logger wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:11 pm
PapaG wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:30 pm
Made the poor decision to visit the cesspool known as egris and by far the hottest topic is about MSU and as usual, that thread is full of the usual ignorance on the legal process in firing or suspending state employees from the same gang of idiots and snarks you’d expect. Absolute garbage message board with functionality and design that seems to be from 2011, at least on an iPhone.

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewforum.php?f=1

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?t=90915
I guess I'm a bit curious as to how this will play out as well. The fact is that someone chose to suspend Garza after his arrest for a third DUI...for one game, and then he's back coaching and recruiting. What was that "process" based off of? Some kind of protocol? Seems they really botched that and it's now going to create a sticky situation for how to deal with these other cases relative to each other, especially since they will po intentially get resolved at the same time.
What was "botched"? He was penalized and then everyone moved on. Is the team/school supposed to fire someone as soon as they are charged with a crime? Just because a similar event took place months later doesn't mean they handled Garza inappropriately.
Botched because it was his third DUI and he was let go at his last two jobs for the same thing. He missed one game after getting his third DUI. Does that sound normal to you? You would think his hiring would have been with the caveat that any alcohol related infraction and he's gone. At the very least, suspended until his court hearing. This isn't about football for me, it's about having standards.
Careful you’re making waaaaay too much sense over here. Cue the DUI apologists in 3…2….1

Not sure why it is so hard for some to understand the difference between accused and convicted. Not sure of the apologist you refer to versus those okay with waiting for the case to play out.
Please answer this…..why couldn’t the university or coaching staff immediately suspended these coaches (with pay for all care) indefinitely until the charges are resolved in a court of law. Why is that difficult? Why is there an issue with that? That would be the 100% NORMAL thing to do and how probably 99% of universities and employers handle these situations. By not doing that, MSU is giving them a slap on the wrist and publicly stating they don’t think this is a big deal. That’s insane to me! It’s Garza’s 3rd DUI and he has a past history of issues, yet a one game suspension and they have already signed him to new contract. That’s is an absolutely terrible look for the university and the MSU program. And now their hands are tied to do something different with your OC and RB coach.
Easy answer. Because they don't do that to all other workers in the University system. Add i the fact it takes 6-12 months to go thru the court system (how do replace the employee while out on suspension). Great stats, please show where you got the 100%normal and 99% if University figures on how it is handled. How is it a slap on wrist when final punishment is pending. Does that mean everyone charged for something but gets bail is only getting a slap on the wrist.
******, this wasn’t his first dui infraction and he came in with a ton of baggage. There had to be measures and safeguards in place for the university to handle any issues with him in a swift and stern matter. He wasn’t just “any other university employee” and he came in with a ****** ton more history than “any other university employee”. He was suspended for a 3 hour game. That is the definition of a slap on the wrist. And they have already resigned him….they were never concerned with how this would play out.
So? Me thinks your time would be better spent worrying about your own "school" than what the competion is doing. Too busy minding somebody else's business to mind your own and it's crumbling before your very eyes. Who was it that played while their city burned? 🤔

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:03 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:21 am
When are the contracts renewed? Is it July 1 to June 30. Or earlier in year.
I thought contracts were based on academic year. I believe the football staff contracts are, but not so sure about other athletics.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:14 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:03 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:21 am
When are the contracts renewed? Is it July 1 to June 30. Or earlier in year.
I thought contracts were based on academic year. I believe the football staff contracts are, but not so sure about other athletics.
Right....and I'm not sure if assistant coaches still have year to year contracts that are renewed annually, or if they are on longer terms deals making it more difficult to get out of.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:10 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:30 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:10 pm
Can we get these amended to include free Ubers?

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:46 pm

3 DUIs = a raise in pay at MSU. But they have to let the court process play out, right???

And the article also says head coach and coordinators can be terminated for cause at any time. You guys pull your heads out of your collective asses yet?

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:32 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:46 pm
3 DUIs = a raise in pay at MSU. But they have to let the court process play out, right???

And the article also says head coach and coordinators can be terminated for cause at any time. You guys pull your heads out of your collective asses yet?
Does continually posting in this thread take your mind off the 7th and last place finishes of the gris in the BSC All Sports Trophy? Just trying to understand your motivation.

PS. If you didn't notice, MSU finished first and second. Have a great day.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:34 pm

rivercat wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:32 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:

Does continually posting in this thread take your mind off the 7th and last place finishes of the gris in the BSC All Sports Trophy? Just trying to understand your motivation.

Posts on eGriz about MSU coaches: 291
Posts on eGriz about All-Sports trophies: 0

That place would be dead without the Bobcats to talk about.

ECBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ECBobcat » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:04 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Here we go again. Does the contract define “for cause”? If so, how is it defined? Does being ACCUSED of violating a law fit the definition?

Based on Victor’s article, and having seen previous MSU coaches’ contracts, I bet “for cause” is defined and that it includes only convictions, not accusations.

You’re out of your element, Hooked.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:46 am

MSU01 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:34 pm
rivercat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

Hooked’s obsession with the Cats is really creepy. We should start a thread devoted to just his ramblings. There is the infamous time he defended the word “Gris” as a correct spelling. A griz fan actually told him to shut up as he was embarrassing all Griz fans. :lol: There is also the time he admitted to a recruiting violation by reaching out to a Griz recruits father.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:57 am

MSU01 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:34 pm
rivercat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

When you spend time on egris, you obsess on someone else's opinions. You should dump egris and hooked. Both are drain circlers.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

grizgirl
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:24 am

ECBobcat wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:04 am
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Here we go again. Does the contract define “for cause”? If so, how is it defined? Does being ACCUSED of violating a law fit the definition?

Based on Victor’s article, and having seen previous MSU coaches’ contracts, I bet “for cause” is defined and that it includes only convictions, not accusations.

Hooked doesn’t understand what “for cause” means. And he didn’t bother looking it up. I’ll never understand why people don’t get themselves better prepared for an argument when the information is at their fingertips.

Go Dark Brandon!!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:57 am

ECBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

But he is from the school with a law curriculum :lol: :lol: :lol:

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:33 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:57 am
ECBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

But he is from the school with a law curriculum :lol: :lol: :lol:
You presume he went there. He may have done his coursework at the Walmart gris display.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:21 pm

Does anyone know if the way MSU is handling this is fairly standard, or way out of the norm? I think it's standard but not positive on that. College football players all over the country get in trouble for various things so it probably wouldn't be hard to research, but I'm lazy. Haha.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RICO CAT » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:32 pm

I’m not going to waste my time speculating and trust whatever outcome will be in the best interest of the university and all parties involved.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:10 pm

catatac wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:21 pm
Does anyone know if the way MSU is handling this is fairly standard, or way out of the norm? I think it's standard but not positive on that. College football players all over the country get in trouble for various things so it probably wouldn't be hard to research, but I'm lazy. Haha.
Players aren't employees...yet. Hard to believe MSU is doing anything other than following standard procedure.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:00 pm

catatac wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:21 pm
Not fairly standard. Not even close. You can find literally 100s of examples of coaches in all sports at all levels who are accused or arrested for a DUI, a domestic disturbance, an assault, or anything else that requires a court appearance…and more times than not it results in immediate and indefinite suspension for that coach pending court or investigation outcome. You can easily Google tons of these instances. A 3 hour suspension for an ass hat with 3 DUIs and 3 previous job losses due to these types of issues is an absolute joke. Did you know this idiot assaulted the nurse in the ER too. And MSU rewards him with a new contract prior to court outcome and a raise in pay. Seriously I know most of you are crayon eaters but how can you be okay with this ******.