Transfer Portal

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by tdub » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:52 pm

Lord Vigo wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:37 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:36 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:45 am
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:37 am
I thought I heard Clevan Thomas was coming back, so he would have to be in the mix at WR, if that's true.
Oh I had forgotten but I think I heard that too now that you mention it. Not sure how that works, eligibility-wise. But if true, that certainly helps level things out at WR.

A starting trio of Dowler, Thomas, and Mullins/Garrigan should be a good start.
What about the Christian Anaya kid from Arizona. I thought we were pretty high on him when he signed…I know he is redshirting. Anyone have an opinion if he will step in for some playing time next year?
Yeah, I mean there are lots of kids like that on the roster and any number of them may emerge. But they won’t all do so and if you have championship aspirations, you had better not count on unknowns carrying you.
I think he has a little more potential to be a contributor next year as he saw some action early in the season if I remember right. So that indicates to me that the coaches are pretty high on him and wanted to see him on the field.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by nanacat » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:53 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:36 am
RockyBearCat wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:31 am
Pretty outstanding how much it looks like this year. Gotta be #1 or #2 starting next season. Probably 3 since gris will jump us.
Oh, I am pretty sure that the coaches and the media already have EweM picked as the favorites to win the conference in 2023. You know, based on the incredible success they had this season. Did you hear they made it to the playoffs again this year?
No, no, no, not the incredible success but on the quality losses they had. And how much better they would have been if not for the injuries they had to deal with. Which, of course, is exclusive to that program. :-({|= :-k

ND0479

Post by ND0479 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:03 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Lord Vigo wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
I thought I heard Clevan Thomas was coming back, so he would have to be in the mix at WR, if that's true.
Oh I had forgotten but I think I heard that too now that you mention it. Not sure how that works, eligibility-wise. But if true, that certainly helps level things out at WR.

What about the Christian Anaya kid from Arizona. I thought we were pretty high on him when he signed…I know he is redshirting. Anyone have an opinion if he will step in for some playing time next year?
He was in a boot for a lot of this season but he was on the early season 2 deep, so they must have high hopes for him.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:30 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Lord Vigo

Post by Lord Vigo » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:39 pm

tdub wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:52 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:37 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Lord Vigo wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Yeah, I mean there are lots of kids like that on the roster and any number of them may emerge. But they won’t all do so and if you have championship aspirations, you had better not count on unknowns carrying you.
I think he has a little more potential to be a contributor next year as he saw some action early in the season if I remember right. So that indicates to me that the coaches are pretty high on him and wanted to see him on the field.
I'd be all for it. But my guess would still be that they add at least one outside option at WR-- preferably someone with size.

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:41 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:30 pm
Back up Weber QB

https://twitter.com/kylanweisser11/stat ... 2453735425
Young man was impressive late in the game against us last weekend. He'll find a home

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:07 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:41 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Back up Weber QB

Young man was impressive late in the game against us last weekend. He'll find a home
WOW I didn't expect to see that. But with Barron also a sophomore this year AND Jay Hill leaving, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise. Might see a few more from Weber actually, depending on who they hire and how quickly they do it.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:25 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:07 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:41 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Back up Weber QB

WOW I didn't expect to see that. But with Barron also a sophomore this year AND Jay Hill leaving, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise. Might see a few more from Weber actually, depending on who they hire and how quickly they do it.
What kind of assistants does Weber have? Any chance they would hire from within? I know the Cats didn't go that route, but just curious what anyone might know about Weber.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

ICRobots
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ICRobots » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:47 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:40 am
How have those two done, I know early Wood was starting
For those that care, Connor has 20 starts under his belt with the bowl game coming up.

I check in occasionally to see how the boys are doing. Excited to see them get the conference ring this year and expect another Championship game appearance (with the good guys on top this time). Will be tuning in this Friday and cheering the CATS on.

Go Cats Go !

FA_Q_M
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FA_Q_M » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:30 pm

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but I'm kinda curious if we could add some guys from Colorado. PRIME essentially said he was cleaning house at his introductory presser. Wonder if there's any goods fits?

Also, kinda wondering how his presence in Boulder is gonna affect our recruiting. I imagine we don't share much of the same pool, but I'll bet there's some overlap, especially since UC has been down for the last couple of years. Also gonna be interesting to see how many FCS guys go to Colorado.

the ghost of cat_stache_fever

ThoughtUKnew14
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ThoughtUKnew14 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:52 pm

Lord Vigo wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:27 am
Projected 2023 2-Deep: This is my guess at what a two deep could look like next year without any portal losses and without any outside additions.

Quarter Back:

-Tommy Mellott
-Sean Chambers

Running Back:

-Isaiah Ifanse
-Lane Sumner

Tight End:

-Derryk Snell
-Treyton Pickering

Wide Receiver:

-Malik Mullins
-Aidan Garrigan

Wide Receiver:

-Taco Dowler
-Marqui Johnson

Left Tackle:

-Rush Reimer
-Conner Moore

Left Guard:

-J.T. Reed
-Bear Old

Center:

-Justus Perkins
-Holden Sampson

Right Guard:

-Omar Aigbedion
-Cole Sain

Right Tackle:

-Marcus Wehr
-Jacob Kettels

Defensive End:

-Brody Grebe
-Kenneth Eiden

Defensive Tackle:

-Sebastian Valdez
-Paul Brott

Defensive Tackle:

-Blake Schmidt
-Ethan Abbott

Defensive End:

-Ben Seymour
-David Alston

Mike Linebacker:

-Danny Uluilakepa
-Alex Johnson

Will Linebacker:

-Nolan Askleson
-McCade O'Reilly

Cornerback:

-Simeon Woodard
-Jackson Harmon

Cornerback:

-Dru Polidore
-Devin Davis

Nickel:

-Rylan Ortt
-Takhari Carr

Free Safety:

-Tyson Pottenger
-Miles Jackson

Strong Safety:

-Kendric Bailey
-Eli Aby
IMO your missing Anaya at WR. He was on the two deep (behind Willie P) every game before being injured week 3. At RB I would put Elliot at #2 and Jared White closely behind him. Love Sumner WHEN healthy…

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:43 pm

I saw on Twitter that Rainey the gris homer is saying the NAU QB in the portal should come to um.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

ThoughtUKnew14
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ThoughtUKnew14 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:50 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:43 pm
I saw on Twitter that Rainey the gris homer is saying the NAU QB in the portal should come to um.
I hope Martinez leaves the BSC, kid can sling it and I don’t ever want to play against him again 🤣🤣🤣

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:02 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:43 pm
That’d make sense for him. Please come to this team where we rule with an iron fist like it’s still 1994, have no line to protect you, can’t run the ball, and refuse to throw to our pkaymakers because it doesn’t fit our system and we don’t want you to be perceived “bigger than the team”.

I’m sure he’ll go there. :lol:

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:06 am

Looking at the 2023 2 deep, you have to think that if all these players stay that in next years preseason polls the Griz will be #3 and we will be #14.😂😜🤦🏼‍♂️😂

Punters are people too!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:08 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:06 am
Looking at the 2023 2 deep, you have to think that if all these players stay that in next years preseason polls the Griz will be #3 and we will be #14.😂😜🤦🏼‍♂️😂
:lol: =D^

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:15 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Ha! Yep.

Changing thoughts just a bit.

You know the thing I was looking at with our roster and then looking at Weber. They only have 7 seniors on their squad and many of their key skill positions have strong returning players and good depth. The Bobcats are similar. I was thinking to myself that the next two years the Bobcat-Weber games were going to be absolutely a brutal slugfest. I don’t know what happens now with Hill leaving but if players stay and they bring in a strong coach we will likely see some classic games.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:40 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:08 am
GoCats18 wrote:
:lol: =D^
They are getting the finest new young coach available. Be humble, look, listen, kneel, pray.
It’s the army of the twelve robbys.

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:48 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:15 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Ha! Yep.

Changing thoughts just a bit.

You know the thing I was looking at with our roster and then looking at Weber. They only have 7 seniors on their squad and many of their key skill positions have strong returning players and good depth. The Bobcats are similar. I was thinking to myself that the next two years the Bobcat-Weber games were going to be absolutely a brutal slugfest. I don’t know what happens now with Hill leaving but if players stay and they bring in a strong coach we will likely see some classic games.

***slugfest**** Takes shot…..

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:54 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:36 am
RockyBearCat wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:31 am
Pretty outstanding how much it looks like this year. Gotta be #1 or #2 starting next season. Probably 3 since gris will jump us.
Oh, I am pretty sure that the coaches and the media already have EweM picked as the favorites to win the conference in 2023. You know, based on the incredible success they had this season. Did you hear they made it to the playoffs again this year?
I realize there was the Covid season, but in 5 years of #RTD the furthest Bobby has gotten is an Asskicking in the QFs last year. That’s embarrassing considering the facilities and fanbase they have for the School of Song and Dance and they lose some good players on defense along with a decent QB and a couple solid receivers.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride