Garza suspended.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Garza suspended.

Post by Dmsubrew » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:05 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:19 pm
rivercat wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:24 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:17 pm
Why can’t they suspend him indefinitely with pay while the legal process pays out. They could easily do that and would have no legal repercussions. Putting him back on the sideline sends an awful message and is literally enabling him.
Really? What message are they sending. Is WMG being enabled and out at the bars? Please, tell me all the inside information?

Or maybe your here because your teams next game is September 2023 and you can't run your mouth on egris about how the Cats suck?
You seem like an angry little girl who didn’t get her way. Why are you so triggered over what I’m stating here?

Do you agree with your team putting a coach charged with his 3rd DUI on the sidelines to coach? Simple yes or no. Let’s hear it.

Are you seriously having a hard time comprehending how bad that looks and the message it sends? I’ll make it easy for you….”hey players, go out and get hammered at the bars or a house party and then drive drunk and risk killing someone…..it’s all good…you’ll only get suspended one game and then we will pretend nothing happened….in fact you can get three DUIs before we really think hard about doing anything at all”

Not even you can be this dense. Well I take that back.
A person who uses the term triggered in every single post is obviously THE ONE who is triggered. It's called projecting in psychology son. Can I ask, why are you so triggered all the time HOG? Do you want to open up with the group? We're here for ya if ya do

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:07 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:

You seem like an angry little girl who didn’t get her way. Why are you so triggered over what I’m stating here?

Do you agree with your team putting a coach charged with his 3rd DUI on the sidelines to coach? Simple yes or no. Let’s hear it.

Are you seriously having a hard time comprehending how bad that looks and the message it sends? I’ll make it easy for you….”hey players, go out and get hammered at the bars or a house party and then drive drunk and risk killing someone…..it’s all good…you’ll only get suspended one game and then we will pretend nothing happened….in fact you can get three DUIs before we really think hard about doing anything at all”

Do you agree with letting a player still play that murders a man and claims self defense for his aunt? Yes or no? Let’s hear it.

Punters are people too!!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:32 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:02 pm
I like how people are all pissed off and keep saying this is third DUI and should be fired. For Christ sake, if all three were in the same season, then yes. We are talking several years apart. I get that DUI is a serious offense, but I have seen players and coaches at both MSU and UM do way worse and still come back and play or coach after their stuff. And, I have a feeling half the people on here ripping him apart drank after the Brawl, got in their cars and drove home. Only difference, he got caught and you didn’t.
This is different because it didn't happen to them. Everyone is the moral authority when they aren't the target.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:23 am

tdub wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:27 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
rivercat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Why can’t they suspend him indefinitely with pay while the legal process pays out. They could easily do that and would have no legal repercussions. Putting him back on the sideline sends an awful message and is literally enabling him.
Really? What message are they sending. Is WMG being enabled and out at the bars? Please, tell me all the inside information?

Or maybe your here because your teams next game is September 2023 and you can't run your mouth on egris about how the Cats suck?

Seriously, grow up. You have an obvious agenda of “optics” and “messages”, which are highly subjective and not based on reality. The adults in the room are all in agreement that this is in no way okay, and that a due process is literally in process and things take time. Not very many people think he’ll be around after the end of the contract. Unless you are privy to his personnel file, you have no idea what the university can “easily” do or “just” do different to fit the optics you are pushing on everyone else. Optics is through the lens of the viewer, and yours are tinted very maroon.
Bingo. Hooked is 100% trolling. He always has an agenda and that is to make the Cats and their fans look bad.

The fact is that none of us have the facts. He has plead not guilty and is entitled to due process. From a legal perspective, MSU attorneys probably advised a cautious approach by allowing him to stay on the staff as his contract is almost over.

From a football perspective, I have been a critic of Garza’s scheme. I expect that he was on thin ice before the incident, now there is virtually no chance he will be back. Cat nation is clearly not pushing to bring him back. Just like anything, we are letting the legal process work itself out.

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:31 am

The gris have another month of sitting on their couches while watching the Cats play winning football. Can't wait to hear all about their moral superiority, terrible bracket position, how they are not actually 4-4 because of refs, injuries, etc. (Since no other team has those issues). Realistically an 8-0 team. I sure hope HOG has some more valuable insight to add and I can't wait to hear it

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:04 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
rivercat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

Why do you care? Not your team.

If it makes us look bad you should rejoice since we are kicking your ass in every single conceivable way.

Little brother is always worried about what we are doing.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:55 am

For years I've gotten used to the acronym WMG being short for "wild mass guessing." That certainly fits what is going on in this thread right now.

I have nothing more to say about this until either the charges reach a verdict or a credible journalist comes up with multiple sources to confirm a lot more details.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:33 am

rivercat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

Gris football is 5 years into Bobby 2.0 with zero Big Sky titles and one quarterfinal smack down by JMU after being preseason #1 in the Big Sky and ranked #2 nationally this season. Bobby is 1-3 against his rival with 2 losses being blowouts and the third an absolute choke job after being up 22-0.

Gris basketball has regressed the last three seasons.

Lady Gris are now just another bad program. Turns out maybe it wasn’t a coaching issue.

UM is in free-fall academically and offers mostly unmarketable degrees.

What else does this guy have to do other than post faux outrage about a university that is both academically and athletically better off than it’s ever been in my lifetime?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Bobcat1boz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bobcat1boz » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:49 am

Garza needs to be fired. there is nothing keeping him here. He's a drunk that never cared about his public appearance here in Bozeman. He was so drunk he tried fighting nurses at the hospital, refused to blow, then they had to pump his stomach because he was so drunk.
what a joke, I'm losing more respect for Vigen the longer Garza is here.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:56 am

Bobcat1boz wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:49 am
Garza needs to be fired. there is nothing keeping him here. He's a drunk that never cared about his public appearance here in Bozeman. He was so drunk he tried fighting nurses at the hospital, refused to blow, then they had to pump his stomach because he was so drunk.
As others have said, its a near certainty that MSU can't fire him unless & until there is either a conviction or a guilty plea without being subject to a buyout.

Reasonable people can disagree if he should still be coaching or simply put on paid administrative leave until the end of the season, at which point he almost certainly CAN be fired without costing the University a ton of money & hassle.

I might prefer the latter, but to act like letting the normal process play out is somehow indicative of an ethical failing on the part of Vigen seems like a bit of a stretch.

60's Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 60's Cat » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:57 am

LTown Cat wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:35 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:30 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:10 pm
Honest question…..if a player got his 3rd DUI charge what would the punishment be for said player? I’m guessing a player would get a multi game suspension for 1 DUI and would be gone if they got another or got into any trouble at all. Why is it different for Coach Garza right now? Really bad look in my opinion, especially to the players.
We dont agree on much. But we sure do on this. I do trust Vigen and I believe is a very high character guy. So, my guess is there is more to the story that we dont know. But from the outside looking in, its a bad look.
Could be that hands are tied contractually until there is a conviction.
Bingo.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:13 am

Bobcat1boz wrote:
Source?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:25 am

Let's look from another perspective. If contracts restrict firing until case plays out what is less disruptive to players, paid suspension with him no where near team or him around team helping in some manner.

Sports is not bigger than life

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:35 am

onceacat wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:56 am
Bobcat1boz wrote:
As others have said, its a near certainty that MSU can't fire him unless & until there is either a conviction or a guilty plea without being subject to a buyout.

Reasonable people can disagree if he should still be coaching or simply put on paid administrative leave until the end of the season, at which point he almost certainly CAN be fired without costing the University a ton of money & hassle.

I might prefer the latter, but to act like letting the normal process play out is somehow indicative of an ethical failing on the part of Vigen seems like a bit of a stretch.
Very well put.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:43 am

Bobcat1boz wrote:
These are major accusations to be posted anonymously on a fan forum and there is zero possibility that the MSU administration and their attorneys are not involved. Maybe even the BOE as well considering the Sh*t Show after Kramer sued MSU on technicalities after he was rightfully fired.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:51 am

rivercat wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:34 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
rivercat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

Here is what I know for an absolute fact. MSU has the best president, best athletic director, and best football coach in the state of Montana. It's not even close. I trust they are doing what is best. Even an asshat like you know the players are being talked to and not taking this as a message to go get hammered. What irritates me is I've read your bs on egris and now your on BN to act holier than thou because you got no dog in the fight. That flea bitten mutt was mercifully put down.

I bet it sucks when little brother grows bigger and more successful than you.
You didn’t answer my previous question. Simple yes or no. Let’s hear it. And no one has answered this easy one……why not suspend him WITH pay until it plays out on the courts. They can 100% do that with no legal repercussions.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:56 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:51 am
rivercat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
rivercat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

Here is what I know for an absolute fact. MSU has the best president, best athletic director, and best football coach in the state of Montana. It's not even close. I trust they are doing what is best. Even an asshat like you know the players are being talked to and not taking this as a message to go get hammered. What irritates me is I've read your bs on egris and now your on BN to act holier than thou because you got no dog in the fight. That flea bitten mutt was mercifully put down.

You didn’t answer my previous question. Simple yes or no. Let’s hear it. And no one has answered this easy one……why not suspend him WITH pay until it plays out on the courts. They can 100% do that with no legal repercussions.
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if thats what they decided to do. That would be a better look, especially to griz fans. But that's just usually not how it plays out.

How many games did Joey Counts miss after getting a DUI while presumably on probation for the earlier arrest for vandalism and trespassing? I honestly don't remember the answer but I do remember MSU fans doing exactly what you're doing here. So it must've been a very light punishment if any at all. But I know he wasn't suspended while the DUI played out in court, as he got the date moved until after the season. He may have missed a game or a 1/2 game but that's it. Do you happen to remember the details of that?

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:57 am

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:32 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:02 pm
I like how people are all pissed off and keep saying this is third DUI and should be fired. For Christ sake, if all three were in the same season, then yes. We are talking several years apart. I get that DUI is a serious offense, but I have seen players and coaches at both MSU and UM do way worse and still come back and play or coach after their stuff. And, I have a feeling half the people on here ripping him apart drank after the Brawl, got in their cars and drove home. Only difference, he got caught and you didn’t.
This is different because it didn't happen to them. Everyone is the moral authority when they aren't the target.
It wasn’t long ago that Joey Couhts got a dui while playing for the Griz. I recall 90% of this fan base being up in arms that he was only suspended for a couple of games. Now everything is rainbows and butterflies when you have a 3rd time dui offender? Awful look for your university.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:58 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:51 am
rivercat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
rivercat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

Any DUI is a bad look. Period…. UM would know as you have had a number of them over the years. Almost a tradition with you guys going back to the days of Blaine Taylor, Brian Marso and Jordan ??.

As for your legal advice, are you an attorney? Would you advise your client to do the least risky option (let the legal out process work with less than a month and half left in his employment) or take a chance on creating potential liability with a suspension or termination. You act like you have all the facts, but you don’t. You just want to create a narrative that doesn’t exist. So please go away troll.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:01 pm

Nice post from Hooked at egriz that tells you exactly what his agenda is:

https://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtop ... &p=1567324

Total loser troll.