Bobcats vs. the Tribe quarter finals

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcats vs. the Tribe quarter finals

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:41 pm

Always curious to attendance numbers for games like these. Friday night games are awesome for me as a local. But obviously much tougher for so many of the fans traveling long distances. Would love to see the place packed!

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:56 pm

tigercats wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:25 pm
A friend skiing at Big Sky Friday sent pics of 3 weber buses pulling into the Summit. That makes sense- it was on the way to Bozeman and maybe better early season rate than Bozeman
Give em a few hours at the higher elevation.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Oldpanther
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Oldpanther » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:20 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:41 pm
Always curious to attendance numbers for games like these. Friday night games are awesome for me as a local. But obviously much tougher for so many of the fans traveling long distances. Would love to see the place packed!
I wonder about this as well. I really want to be at the game but don’t want to spring for a room or make the late drive home. Was hoping for a Saturday game.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:24 pm

Oldpanther wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:20 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
I wonder about this as well. I really want to be at the game but don’t want to spring for a room or make the late drive home. Was hoping for a Saturday game.
Totally get it.

I understand supply and demand and all that, but it is practically criminal what hotels do with their rates when there are big events happening. It was a huge issue when we hosted high school state basketball, it's an issue with other big events, and it's an issue with Cat games. It's a shame we may not get the attendance we all want because people don't want to pay ridiculous rates to stay the night.

Helenabobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Helenabobcat » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:31 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:24 pm
Oldpanther wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Totally get it.

I understand supply and demand and all that, but it is practically criminal what hotels do with their rates when there are big events happening. It was a huge issue when we hosted high school state basketball, it's an issue with other big events, and it's an issue with Cat games. It's a shame we may not get the attendance we all want because people don't want to pay ridiculous rates to stay the night.
On Cat Griz weekend, we stayed in a VRBO for around $150 that was relatively last minute. There were several available for that weekend. People not wanting hotel prices should look into these.

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cats15 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:38 pm

Helenabobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:31 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:24 pm
Oldpanther wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Totally get it.

On Cat Griz weekend, we stayed in a VRBO for around $150 that was relatively last minute. There were several available for that weekend. People not wanting hotel prices should look into these.

I was curious so just looked up hotels for this Friday and there are 10 showing for under $100. That’s seems pretty reasonable to me compared to what rates were like a year ago but, yes, I agree things like lodging definitely take a toll on your wallet when you add up going on 8 home games.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:00 pm

Under $80 including tax at Travelodge by Wyndham in Livingston

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:19 pm

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:32 am
lutecat wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:09 am
Those WM fans were saying Weber stayed an hour and a half away? Where did they stay? Billings? West Yellowstone?
Rumor was they had to stay in Big Sky as all hotels were full
That’s funny. Because the hotels are usually full of skiers this time of year.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:37 pm

hktribefan wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:08 pm
Nah we’re pretty familiar with it. Been doing FCS football for a long time. Made it to the semis a few times, but had a bit of a drought over the past few years. The point about location was because of weird rumors flying around. It sounds like someone made an offhand comment somewhere and a few people ran with it.
Now *that* could never happen on a fan board! Thanks for coming on here. There’s some pretty good smack talkers here, but almost everyone can talk football. Playoffs are fun, especially when you get to play some one from a galaxy far, far away (oops, that line has been used already). I think everyone on here is happy to be playing a new team and not doing a conference rerun. I know I sure am and it’s fun to try to figure it out ahead of time. The one thing that I have a hard time determining watching games on TV is speed — star speed and team speed. How would rate William & Mary speed-wise?

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:51 pm

Prior to this past Saturday, the computer ratings were William & Mary Offense 20 and Defense 21, while the ‘Cats stand at Offense 2 and Defense 22. So, a wash on defense, but our offense has a bit more juice.

hktribefan
New Recruit

Post by hktribefan » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:03 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:37 pm
hktribefan wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:08 pm
Nah we’re pretty familiar with it. Been doing FCS football for a long time. Made it to the semis a few times, but had a bit of a drought over the past few years. The point about location was because of weird rumors flying around. It sounds like someone made an offhand comment somewhere and a few people ran with it.
Now *that* could never happen on a fan board! Thanks for coming on here. There’s some pretty good smack talkers here, but almost everyone can talk football. Playoffs are fun, especially when you get to play some one from a galaxy far, far away (oops, that line has been used already). I think everyone on here is happy to be playing a new team and not doing a conference rerun. I know I sure am and it’s fun to try to figure it out ahead of time. The one thing that I have a hard time determining watching games on TV is speed — star speed and team speed. How would rate William & Mary speed-wise?
We have pretty good speed across a few positions on both sides of the ball. Our D-line gets after it really well; looking forward to see how they stack up against your run. One of our RBs, Yoder, is pretty stellar after contact. He has pretty good speed but consistently is able to pick up a lot of yards when it looks like he’s tackled. Our other RBs Lester and Imoh I’d say are faster and churn out some yards too. Our QB can run and his throwing gets better each game (he’s a sophomore so still a lot of upside). He’s from NY, so although probably not as cold as Bozeman he’s at least a bit more familiar with the conditions than some others.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:09 am

lutecat wrote:
Those WM fans were saying Weber stayed an hour and a half away? Where did they stay? Billings? West Yellowstone?
Each and every visiting team stays at the Wilson in Big Sky. Bill and Marilou will stay there too.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:10 am

I don't know much about William and Mary but I don't think the CAA is the conference it once was. However, when I was watching the selection show on ESPNU, all three of the hosts picked them to beat the bobcats and go to the semi finals.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:51 am

seataccat wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:10 am
I don't know much about William and Mary but I don't think the CAA is the conference it once was. However, when I was watching the selection show on ESPNU, all three of the hosts picked them to beat the bobcats and go to the semi finals.
Well, the hosts all picked W&M to be in the semi's, but not necessarily beating MSU. I think alot of people figured Weber would knock us out (because of the 8 points on safeties in the first game not happening a 2nd time) then goto W&M and lose, putting W&M into the semi's.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:10 am

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:51 am
seataccat wrote:
Well, the hosts all picked W&M to be in the semi's, but not necessarily beating MSU. I think alot of people figured Weber would knock us out (because of the 8 points on safeties in the first game not happening a 2nd time) then goto W&M and lose, putting W&M into the semi's.
I suppose that's what they were thinking but that wasn't mentioned. I just know that when they made their picks all of them had W&M in the final four.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:21 am

Catering to the 2/3 of the population that resides in the east.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by The Big Meowski » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:03 pm

seataccat wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:10 am
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:51 am
seataccat wrote:
I suppose that's what they were thinking but that wasn't mentioned. I just know that when they made their picks all of them had W&M in the final four.
Re-ranking of the final 8. We are #2.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/arti ... tid=Zxz2cZ

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:12 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:09 am
lutecat wrote:
Each and every visiting team stays at the Wilson in Big Sky. Bill and Marilou will stay there too.
With this weather and at this elevation, I would imagine that is a 3 1/2 hour trip one-way!🤓

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:10 pm

Weather? Altitude? Short week? I remember those conditions several years ago but Sam Houston trucking us. Obviously different team and coaches but I’m on high alert. W&M is really good. It’s a fascinating matchup because they are team in the playoffs that’s most like us.

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bpcats20 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:12 pm

Remind me of Idaho . Big physical offensive line. Some big power backs with speed if they get going.

QB is elusive in run game and will run out back side. DB’s will need to stick to their receivers.

We can run on them. But they will make some plays too.

Defensive ends really come up the field hard.

It will be a battle of the trenches game.