Bobcats vs. the Tribe quarter finals

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Bobcats vs. the Tribe quarter finals

Post by St George » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:17 am

lutecat wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:09 am
Those WM fans were saying Weber stayed an hour and a half away? Where did they stay? Billings? West Yellowstone?
I think it would be a cool experience for Bill and Mary to stay in Big Sky and hopefully a clear view of Lone Mountain.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:19 am

I bet Bobby can point them to some fine accommodations on Livingston.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:20 am

1. These east coasters have no idea of the size of Montana, traveling an hour is going to the neighboring town.
2. I love that they thought they would get a home game.
3. I have booked a room and bought my tickets already, and will be there regardless of the weather. (2 1/2 hours driving time one way)
4. It will be a fun night and a great environment.
5. Teams have stayed in Big Sky several times before, the gris did this year I think I heard, they will enjoy it.
6. My DONJOY MAFIA "RUN THE DAMN BALL" Hoddie should be here by then.
7. ESG GCG

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:21 am

kmax wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:19 am
I bet Bobby can point them to some fine accommodations on Livingston.
I heard they stayed in Big Sky this year.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:28 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:55 am
Not gonna lie…. I woke up this morning really pissed off about the game time news.

First we get absolutely hosed with the seeding…. And now this BS? Seriously wtf?!

It’s gonna be extremely difficult for the majority of fans to make this game. Not to mention it’s fukkking December in Montana and they want us playing at like midnight in below zero weather.

What a joke.
Not the most ideal day/time, especially for the players, makes for a short practice week and recovery. 2019 we played Austin Peay on a Friday night. Even as the game started, the stands felt empty. Half way into the 1st quarter, damn near full. Definitely sucks for people who have to travel. If I remember correctly that game start at 6. Go Cats!

NewEra
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by NewEra » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:32 am

Does anyone have a good beat on this game? Take out all the variables of travel, weather elevation etc. how do they look on film? How would they stack up in the Big Sky?

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:37 am

Bocephus wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:35 am
Rich K wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:30 am
Here's a William and Mary fan forum that may be of interest:
https://csnbbs.com/thread-960872.html
According to their fans we are all predicting a blowout win. I have not seen one post saying that. Sounds like they have a complex about the CAA getting no respect.
That was a pretty funny read. Literally didn’t read one post that makes sense. First they have no idea how the playoffs work. Thought they had a chance of hosting. Then complaining about the cold. Complete nonsense about hotels and not having space big enough for teams. Just some wild takes all over.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:40 am

cats2506 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:20 am
1. These east coasters have no idea of the size of Montana, traveling an hour is going to the neighboring town.
3. I have booked a room and bought my tickets already, and will be there regardless of the weather. (2 1/2 hours driving time one way)
5. Teams have stayed in Big Sky several times before, the gris did this year I think I heard, they will enjoy it.
7. ESG GCG
I received mine Thursday. I'm certain me wearing it was key to the Bobcats victory.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:42 am

NewEra wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:32 am
Does anyone have a good beat on this game? Take out all the variables of travel, weather elevation etc. how do they look on film? How would they stack up in the Big Sky?
Still doing research, their games are on Flow, so nobody sees them. Good run game, sounds like some RPO, good RB, they will pass and have a mobile QB that sounds pretty good, solid defense. Should be a good game. Looking at stats I think we have a slight edge in most areas. We have a stronger SoS so I think we will prevail at home.

BgCATfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BgCATfan » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:09 pm

It'll be interesting to see if Cam Newton makes it, his little brother plays for the Tribe.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:12 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:42 am
NewEra wrote:
Still doing research, their games are on Flow, so nobody sees them. Good run game, sounds like some RPO, good RB, they will pass and have a mobile QB that sounds pretty good, solid defense. Should be a good game. Looking at stats I think we have a slight edge in most areas. We have a stronger SoS so I think we will prevail at home.
Only thing I really have heard was Sam Herder talk about them about a month ago on Nuanez now. His evaluation of teams from weaker conferences comes down to both lines in terms of size and physicality. He was saying WM absolutely fits the bill in that regard.

A quick look at stats says this team is legit. And of course they are, they are one of eight teams still standing.

Hating the griz since 02.

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:30 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:20 am
7. ESG GCG

In regards to number 2. It just goes to show their fans haven’t been paying attention to years past and are unfamiliar with playoff football

The tribes coach has been in the playoffs and has had success at another school but this is newer territory for this program at least over the last several years. I for one think yesterdays game was the high water mark for their season, conference champions, seeded, hosted a game against a inferior team and they are going to run into a tried and tested playoff program next weekend.

Cats will win and bill and mary will see where they stack up on a national level and improve moving forward. We have been here before, we know what it takes to get to the next round and will continue our season.

hktribefan
New Recruit

Post by hktribefan » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:08 pm

Nah we’re pretty familiar with it. Been doing FCS football for a long time. Made it to the semis a few times, but had a bit of a drought over the past few years. The point about location was because of weird rumors flying around. It sounds like someone made an offhand comment somewhere and a few people ran with it.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:16 pm

BgCATfan wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:09 pm
It'll be interesting to see if Cam Newton makes it, his little brother plays for the Tribe.

https://tribeathletics.com/sports/footb ... wton/15158

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:21 pm

kwcat wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:16 pm
BgCATfan wrote:

https://tribeathletics.com/sports/footb ... wton/15158
And this guy’s dad is the manager of security for the Baltimore ravens.

https://tribeathletics.com/sports/footb ... otka/15052

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:02 pm

William and Mary has some weapons. I sat and watched some of their game from yesterday. This game will come down to our defense. If they can get some 3 and outs and contain their QB, I don’t see them doing much. They created 6 turnovers yesterday and that was huge.

Punters are people too!!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:21 pm

BgCATfan wrote:
Cam was in the stands yesterday at the W&M game. He was smack dab in the middle of the student section having what looked like a whole lot of fun including leading cheers. He looked like a giant in the middle of the coeds. Couple of great looks at him during the last couple minutes of the first half. Little brother Caylin #3. Hope Cam makes the trip as well.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:02 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:42 am
NewEra wrote:
I think they'll be like Weber in how tough the overall game is, even though their run/pass mix is different.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

tigercats
New Recruit

Post by tigercats » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:25 pm

A friend skiing at Big Sky Friday sent pics of 3 weber buses pulling into the Summit. That makes sense- it was on the way to Bozeman and maybe better early season rate than Bozeman

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:26 pm

Here's an interesting trick play that shows the imagination of W&M coaches:

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act