Great article from Havre Daily News

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Great article from Havre Daily News

Post by BFcatfan » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:54 am

HiLineCat wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:50 pm
This is something we all know as MSU supporters, but it is nice to see it from a Griz fan. George Ferguson has always been a fair reporter and calls it like he sees it.

George Ferguson: Montana State is dominating the Cat-Griz rivalry off the field as much as it is on it right now, maybe even more so - Havre Daily News https://www.havredailynews.com/story/20 ... 40417.html
Great article, thanks for sharing..

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:20 am

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:21 pm
In 2019, I was sitting in my season ticket seats in the East grandstands awaiting the start of the game. There was a father and daughter sitting behind me that I had never seen before, so I struck up a conversation with them. I thought they may have been fans of the opposing team. Anyway, it turned out they were from California and they were scoping out colleges for the daughter to attend. The father started asking me questions about um and MSU and the local area. They were from a rural area in California and just loved MSU. The father told me that his daughter had contacted um about attending there but never heard back from them. When she contacted MSU, they responded immediately, that’s why they were in Bozeman and not Missoula.
My younger daughter is a senior in HS and got accepted at MSU last week. She’s deciding between Bozeman and Pullman for Animal Science.

Could be another Portland Bobcat!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

CalgaryCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CalgaryCat » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:19 am

AFCAT wrote:
In 2019, I was sitting in my season ticket seats in the East grandstands awaiting the start of the game. There was a father and daughter sitting behind me that I had never seen before, so I struck up a conversation with them. I thought they may have been fans of the opposing team. Anyway, it turned out they were from California and they were scoping out colleges for the daughter to attend. The father started asking me questions about um and MSU and the local area. They were from a rural area in California and just loved MSU. The father told me that his daughter had contacted um about attending there but never heard back from them. When she contacted MSU, they responded immediately, that’s why they were in Bozeman and not Missoula.
My cousin is a huge Griz fan along with the rest of his immediate family. They’ve lived outside Montana for the last 20 years or so, but his oldest daughter wanted to check out some Montana schools, so they toured um, Tech, and MSU. Guess which place she picked \:D/

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:49 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:32 pm
lutecat wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:25 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:23 pm
nanacat wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:32 pm
damnyoutuesday wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:54 pm
If you really want to understand how much MSU is in front of UM in every facet, find MSU students from Missoula and ask why they chose MSU.

I grew up in Missoula in a Griz family, and my dad is a die-hard Griz fan. He even said when we came down for an MSU Friday in high school that MSU is miles ahead of UM, and that given the choice now he would go to MSU. That's damning.

When I was in high school, I could not escape the amount of marketing materials MSU was sending me. UM did not contact me in any way until the week before I moved to Bozeman.

It's honestly embarrassing on UM's part how far they have fallen behind in every conceivable way over the past decade. While MSU is building new dorms, UM is converting theirs into office buildings, which says everything you need to know about these two schools recently
Yikes, that's really something!
um is trying to build a new dormitory. They just asked for permission to build the new dorm last week.
Why? They should have tons of capacity with the huge net loss they've had.
I have no idea. I saw the um request alongside the MSU request to build another new dorm and the indoor practice facility.
I noticed that too but didn't wanna bring it up and derail that thread. Do you have any idea if the Regents passed it? If so, I wonder why???

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:21 pm

CalgaryCat wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:19 am
AFCAT wrote:
My cousin is a huge Griz fan along with the rest of his immediate family. They’ve lived outside Montana for the last 20 years or so, but his oldest daughter wanted to check out some Montana schools, so they toured um, Tech, and MSU. Guess which place she picked \:D/
My younger daughter who is a HS senior in Portland loves the city and surrounding area of Missoula because my parents lived there until a few years ago but she never considered UM because she’s a STEM kid who wants to be a veterinarian. Her final three now are Wazzu in Pullman, CU in Boulder (just entered the scenario), and MSU and she’s accepted at all.
Last edited by PapaG on Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:26 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:49 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:32 pm
lutecat wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:25 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:23 pm
nanacat wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:32 pm
damnyoutuesday wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:54 pm
If you really want to understand how much MSU is in front of UM in every facet, find MSU students from Missoula and ask why they chose MSU.

I grew up in Missoula in a Griz family, and my dad is a die-hard Griz fan. He even said when we came down for an MSU Friday in high school that MSU is miles ahead of UM, and that given the choice now he would go to MSU. That's damning.

When I was in high school, I could not escape the amount of marketing materials MSU was sending me. UM did not contact me in any way until the week before I moved to Bozeman.

It's honestly embarrassing on UM's part how far they have fallen behind in every conceivable way over the past decade. While MSU is building new dorms, UM is converting theirs into office buildings, which says everything you need to know about these two schools recently
Yikes, that's really something!
um is trying to build a new dormitory. They just asked for permission to build the new dorm last week.
Why? They should have tons of capacity with the huge net loss they've had.
I have no idea. I saw the um request alongside the MSU request to build another new dorm and the indoor practice facility.
I noticed that too but didn't wanna bring it up and derail that thread. Do you have any idea if the Regents passed it? If so, I wonder why???
Both ums and MSUs requests were approved.

2:28 in the video.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:14 am

Thanks for that video. I watched a fair bit of it but didn't hear any discussion on why they decided they need a new residence hall at UM. Do you happen to know off hand?

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:47 am

When on the video was the discussion on the dorm?

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RICO CAT » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:03 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:14 am
Thanks for that video. I watched a fair bit of it but didn't hear any discussion on why they decided they need a new residence hall at UM. Do you happen to know off hand?
I thought I saw somewhere the request was for funds to renovate and update existing dorms.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:17 am

The construction of a new residence hall would allow UM to take 3 existing residence halls offline
while maintaining a bed-count to meet demands and enrollment growth.
o Elrod Hall (101 years old), Craig Hall (69 years old) and Duniway Hall (85 y
https://mus.edu/board/meetings/2022/nov ... -R1122.pdf

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:19 am

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:22 am

PapaG wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:21 pm
CalgaryCat wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:19 am
AFCAT wrote:
My younger daughter who is a HS senior in Portland loves the city and surrounding area of Missoula because my parents lived there until a few years ago but she never considered UM because she’s a STEM kid who wants to be a veterinarian. Her final three now are Wazzu in Pullman, CU in Boulder (just entered the scenario), and MSU and she’s accepted at all.
Portland........Missoula hmmmmm