No way the Griz should be in the playoffs

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

utucats
Member # Retired

Re: No way the Griz should be in the playoffs

Post by utucats » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:31 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:19 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:22 pm
onceacat wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:14 pm
LIBBYCAT wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:04 pm
But but but, the committee proved it’s not about the money when they gave the Game to Weber over UND Considering UND had a much higher bid. I think the only explanation was the screwing Weber got in the seeding, and the subsequent screwing we got having to play a team that should have been seeded, in the second round.
Solid explainable seeding requirements that use strength of schedule(covers good conferences) over wins and losses to poor teams.
Need to exclude money games(not all are equal) and play down games.
Considering injuries is fools errand as we haven’t been at full strength offensively one game and truthfully depth is as important as the starters. 7-4 can’t be the bar, good teams that play in strong conferences and take on a strong OOC schedule shouldn’t be punished.
OOC games against ranked opponents should be encouraged as the excitement and quality product will raise the bar for the division. Use Sagarin, Massey, I just want the criteria defined and understandable. All in all the fact that the Griz got in is a poor reflection on the committee not the Griz. That said, Cats got some work to do!
Do we know that UNDs bid was materially higher than WSUs? Last I heard, that wasn't publicly available.

Play down games are already excluded. Thats likely a big part of why Weber got dropped from the seeds in favor or UIW & Holy Cross, both of which played a full D1 schedule.

And for whatever reason (I honestly don't understand why) the computer algorithms LOVE the Griz. UM is #8 in Massey. Sagarin for reasons I can't fathom still has UM above the Cats.

For whatever thats worth.
Webers bid was less than $42,000 and UND’s was over $127,000.

But Weber is also way better than UND so who knows what their criteria is.
Where did you see this? If true, there should be some type of investigation.
Colter and Herder discussed this. The way I understood their discussion was that the committee has the ability to do this and this was the first time they did. Hopefully I got that right.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:35 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:36 pm
Fahque wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:06 pm
PapaG wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:03 pm
Fahque wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:55 pm
ND0479 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:36 pm
Fahque wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:08 pm
utucats wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:41 am
Fahque wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:54 am
You pussies sure do cry about the Griz a lot over here :lol:

Last time I checked, special teams are still part of the game but if you all wanna play that game, good thing Weber‘s long snapper sucks or you wouldn’t even be the 4 seed
It’s hilarious that you ****** have the nerve to come talk any ****** over here after the ass kicking we gave you last week.

In every part of the game we made you look like the inferior program that you are.
Still living in the past huh? You all are the ones over here talking about the Griz when you aren't even playing us… Did you guys storm the field yesterday and chant your ESG-GCG song? I know some of y'all have nothing better to do than to root against the Griz, I think some of you prioritize that over rooting for your own team… Pretty sad if you ask me.

For all of you non-whiny, non-bitter cat fans, I wish you and your team luck against Weber. For all of you who can't seem to get the Griz out of your minds, suck it :lol:
The gris just had their first and only good win of the season and you come to the Cats message board to chirp Cat fans for talking about the gris? Do you not see the irony?

Nah, I'm glad you all follow the Griz, I just like to poke fun at the few cat fans who have nothing better to do then trash us and root against us no matter who we are playing. Like the poster above said, I hope both teams do well when they aren't playing each other and I always root for Montana kids… We all had high expectations for this season but when our coaching staff fails to utilize the talent we do have or even utilize that talent to its fullest potential and continue to try to shove a square peg through a round hole we get what we got. Bottom line is we are moving on and although it is not likely to happen, I hope we meet again in Frisco
Meltdown…

nice of you to sign up here though after the big win against powerhouse SENWMO of the mighty OVC. Highly entertaining!
I have had an account over here for a few years, just never post over here and probably won't for a while now either but hey, keep being bitter about the Griz, it makes it all that much better when we do beat you
Don’t worry, we don’t like Papa Greg either. When you go back to egriz, wanna take him with you? He would fit in what y’all got there.
What do you mean we don’t like Papa? I love Papa. He is a Cats fan so already better than this moron who claims he is laughing at our obsession with our rival as he continually posts on his rival’s site. That’s grizzly logic :roll:

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:08 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:30 pm
onceacat wrote:
LIBBYCAT wrote:
But but but, the committee proved it’s not about the money when they gave the Game to Weber over UND Considering UND had a much higher bid. I think the only explanation was the screwing Weber got in the seeding, and the subsequent screwing we got having to play a team that should have been seeded, in the second round.
Solid explainable seeding requirements that use strength of schedule(covers good conferences) over wins and losses to poor teams.
Considering injuries is fools errand as we haven’t been at full strength offensively one game and truthfully depth is as important as the starters. 7-4 can’t be the bar, good teams that play in strong conferences and take on a strong OOC schedule shouldn’t be punished.
OOC games against ranked opponents should be encouraged as the excitement and quality product will raise the bar for the division. Use Sagarin, Massey, I just want the criteria defined and understandable. All in all the fact that the Griz got in is a poor reflection on the committee not the Griz. That said, Cats got some work to do!
Do we know that UNDs bid was materially higher than WSUs? Last I heard, that wasn't publicly available.

Play down games are already excluded. Thats likely a big part of why Weber got dropped from the seeds in favor or UIW & Holy Cross, both of which played a full D1 schedule.

And for whatever reason (I honestly don't understand why) the computer algorithms LOVE the Griz. UM is #8 in Massey. Sagarin for reasons I can't fathom still has UM above the Cats.

UIW played Faulkner University, an NAIA school in Alabama. They really had no business being seeded over Weber.
Weber did play a D2, but that’s because they were scheduled to JMU before the FBS move up and needed a last minute replacement. But yeah, there’s no getting around how badly Weber got buttf**ked.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:57 am

utucats wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:31 pm
Cataholic wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
LIBBYCAT wrote:

Colter and Herder discussed this. The way I understood their discussion was that the committee has the ability to do this and this was the first time they did. Hopefully I got that right.
It is not only that UND was screwed out of a home game, but the committees decision cost the city/businesses of Grand Forks a pay day with 9,000 fans. That is a big deal to a community the size of Grand Forks. They should have their Senator and Congressman making a formal inquiry.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:06 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:57 am
utucats wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
LIBBYCAT wrote:

It is not only that UND was screwed out of a home game, but the committees decision cost the city/businesses of Grand Forks a pay day with 9,000 fans. That is a big deal to a community the size of Grand Forks. They should have their Senator and Congressman making a formal inquiry.
and you did see that the Web's fan base was under 5000 at the game?

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:49 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:06 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:57 am
utucats wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
onceacat wrote:
LIBBYCAT wrote:

and you did see that the Web's fan base was under 5000 at the game?
I didn't see the numbers but the stadium looked empty during the flashes you could see of the crowd on TV.

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by LIBBYCAT » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:56 pm

All things being equal line in the article chaps my Azz. Fact is ours and NDSU’s record was not equal!
Last year shouldn’t play into or Sac wouldn’t have got a seed after crapping the bed 2 years in a row. The whole seeding BS this year puts it in a bad light!

mule
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mule » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:29 pm

The grus will have every excuse for losing today. Lol I talked to a guy and said grus fans were very hateful and terrible in the stands. Hawk has instilled that kind of play and sportsmanship in the fans and players.

They aren't going to win a championship in the near future. Quality players will go someplace else so they can have success.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:32 pm

I just don't get why they didn't just send another low/no bid team to Weber and give UND a home game. If they use regionalization to save money, don't leave 75k on the table...

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Lord Vigo » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:15 pm

Combined, the Griz allowed 892 yards rushing on 107 attempts against MSU and NDSU.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:41 pm

Remember when @grizgirl prophesied that Hauck would walk away after this year...well, the clock is ticking and we're waiting.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

mule
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mule » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:00 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:41 pm
Remember when @grizgirl prophesied that Hauck would walk away after this year...well, the clock is ticking and we're waiting.
Wow! He has it made there not sure he would walk away. I would doubt very much that they will fire him his salesmanship of himself has people bought in for him for life. Lol

He has people brain washed and whoever fires him will be on the hot seat. I hope he stays forever because it will be good for us because they won't get any better than they are now. I see them declining as time goes on with hawk more and more.

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:20 pm

Of course they'll be ranked in the top 5 next pre-season due to all their "quality" losses this year. And because they have Bobby - if in fact they still do by then. 🙄

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:59 pm

McNeely sure nails them hard here. Dirty play should be called out. The gris need a new coach.
https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-me ... -fargodome

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by lakesbison » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:34 am

1st off mcfooly is an absolute idiot tool. no one likes him

2nd Griz cheap shot'ed our best DL right in front of the griz bench while another griz ripped a mdsu helmet off, there was about to be a huge brawl as NDSU players came to defend their comrade....luckily coach entz & Staff were right there to stop it while baby Hauck did nothing

next drive griz hits our rb out of bounds with a helmet first hit & us fans went wild.

Entz literally called a team meeting put everyone in a circle at midfield & said. "WALK AWAY & LAUGH IF THE GRIZ DO CHEAP $HIT, WE ARE WINNIKG THIS GAME & CANT AFFORD TO LOSE A PLAYER FOR 1ST HALF OF NEXT GAME"

on last drive there was a couple more, even 2-3 griz OL literally tackling our DL.

I lost a ton of respect for Montana as did the rest of BisoNation.

ps. we had 3 Cats fans. 21 or so tailgating & sitting by us.. the didn't say much until it got close at 21-20 & THEY STARTED CHEERING FOR THE GRIZ!!!

I reprimanded them pretty good saying. he ******. the griz fans wouldn't cheer for you wtf you doing...

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:07 am

lakesbison wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:34 am

2nd Griz cheap shot'ed our best DL right in front of the griz bench while another griz ripped a mdsu helmet off, there was about to be a huge brawl as NDSU players came to defend their comrade....luckily coach entz & Staff were right there to stop it while baby Hauck did nothing

next drive griz hits our rb out of bounds with a helmet first hit & us fans went wild.

Entz literally called a team meeting put everyone in a circle at midfield & said. "WALK AWAY & LAUGH IF THE GRIZ DO CHEAP $HIT, WE ARE WINNIKG THIS GAME & CANT AFFORD TO LOSE A PLAYER FOR 1ST HALF OF NEXT GAME"

on last drive there was a couple more, even 2-3 griz OL literally tackling our DL.

ps. we had 3 Cats fans. 21 or so tailgating & sitting by us.. the didn't say much until it got close at 21-20 & THEY STARTED CHEERING FOR THE GRIZ!!!

I reprimanded them pretty good saying. he ******. the griz fans wouldn't cheer for you wtf you doing...
The surprising thing is that you had any respect for them to start with.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:13 am

catscat wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:07 am
lakesbison wrote:

The surprising thing is that you had any respect for them to start with.
You beat many of us to it...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:15 am

nanacat wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:59 pm
McNeely sure nails them hard here. Dirty play should be called out. The gris need a new coach.
https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-me ... -fargodome
Ouch

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:22 am

lakesbison wrote:

Just watched that whole sequence on replay, here's my opinion.

The late hit OOB wasn't anything extraordinary. The ndsu player had 1 step OOB when he took the last shot, and it was flagged for 15. Good call, not a huge deal.

The hit on the downed ndsu player during the interception was absolutely a cheap, dirty shot. Had nothing to do with the play in progress, he even dipped his head like he was just trying to hurt the guy. Terrible. Should've been flagged, maybe grounds for ejection, but wasn't. But Entz is also lucky he didn't get flagged for crossing the field to yell at refs and the griz bench. I've never seen a coach do that and get away with it.

He was smart to gather the troops right after that play to tell them to cook from emotions, I presume.