Did anybody see.......

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Did anybody see.......

Post by bcatfan1 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:07 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:37 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:33 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:22 pm
O'Connell did something similar or maybe even more douchey in their game with SEMO. He made a tackle on the QB and the 2 of them ended up laying on the turf side by side so O'Connell rolled over on top of the QB and took lots of time getting off him. Happened in the 4th right around 5:30
Refused to help DeLaurent up several times as well, even though he was asking for a hand. One of the hits he just ran through him, stood right next to DeLaurant's legs then when he asked for a hand up O'Connell walked over him instead. I don't care if he's from MT, he's a douche.
I thought it was strange that DeLaurent kept asking gris players for help up, and even the ref helped him up a time or two. You're not going to win any "nice guy" awards if you don't help up the opposing QB, but I don't mind him not doing it. I just kept thinking it was weird that his OL wasn't rushing over to him to help him up like you usually see.
Yeah. I thought it was weird how every time he ended up on the turf, he was instantly holding his hand up looking for someone to help him up. 🤷‍♂️

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:30 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:37 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
O'Connell did something similar or maybe even more douchey in their game with SEMO. He made a tackle on the QB and the 2 of them ended up laying on the turf side by side so O'Connell rolled over on top of the QB and took lots of time getting off him. Happened in the 4th right around 5:30
Refused to help DeLaurent up several times as well, even though he was asking for a hand. One of the hits he just ran through him, stood right next to DeLaurant's legs then when he asked for a hand up O'Connell walked over him instead. I don't care if he's from MT, he's a douche.
I thought it was strange that DeLaurent kept asking gris players for help up, and even the ref helped him up a time or two. You're not going to win any "nice guy" awards if you don't help up the opposing QB, but I don't mind him not doing it. I just kept thinking it was weird that his OL wasn't rushing over to him to help him up like you usually see.
I have no problem with the defensive player not helping an offensive player up. Number 58 as I pointed out right after the last game with the school from Missoula is dirty every chance he gets.
He likes to lay on opposing players or roll up onto opposing players and talk ****** in their ear and rub his genitals on their face mask! Maybe that’s his thing

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:44 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
I know Patty and his family personally and the last thing he is, is a douche.

Their QB asking for a linebacker to help him up was flat-out weird. Made their QB look Stay-Puff Marshmallow soft.

The whole “laying on top of” thing, I think SEMO’s QB had ahold of O’Connell’s facemask. Patrick is a tough SOB, and plays tough. I’m good with him. He keeps it way further in-bounds than #17 does.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:35 pm

tdub wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:44 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

Their QB asking for a linebacker to help him up was flat-out weird. Made their QB look Stay-Puff Marshmallow soft.

The whole “laying on top of” thing, I think SEMO’s QB had ahold of O’Connell’s facemask. Patrick is a tough SOB, and plays tough. I’m good with him. He keeps it way further in-bounds than #17 does.
Yeah, watch the game again and the brawl again. Multiple times he and other griz did it on purpose. It's a coaching thing, not an occasion player issue.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:01 pm

tdub wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

O’Connell was visibly upset with Hauck when he got the PF throwing Chambers down. The whistle blew well before Hauck threw him down contrary to what some people have said. I thought that was good of PO to call Robbie out on that. However, he then had a solid grip on Chambers facemask on his short TD run a few plays later and earlier (1st or 2nd drive) laid on Mellott at the end of a play.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:08 pm

I hope the MSU coaching staff is watching Weber State game film half as closely as Bobcat Nation and EGriz watch for dirty plays by the rival team to complain about.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:17 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
I saw that, too. He really did need help. There are certain injuries like to the groin and hip labrum (from experience) that make it virtually impossible to get off the ground but you are painfully functional once up. I thought he had a lot of guts to keep playing and it’s not easy to ask for help. I think I saw a gris help him up once or twice (don’t want to risk Bobby’s wrath) in the pile, but at sometime a teammate or official was giving him a hand each time he went down.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:34 pm

tdub wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

It is a fact that O'Connell was not laying on top of the QB at the end of the tackle and when the whistle blew but then got on top of the QB. Yes the QB then grabbed O'Connell by the face mask, it's unclear if he was trying to push O'Connell off or what. The other Griz near them (I think Welnell) appeared to be trying to pull O'Connell off.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:41 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:59 pm
1890Griz wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:21 pm
onceacat wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:08 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:37 pm
1890Griz wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:24 pm
KIX wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:33 pm
superbobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:17 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:11 pm
Or the late hits and shoving after the play by lil Hauck. What a punk.
I did see this. Pretty clear he and daddy communicate what to do during the game. I was hoping Snell would get a shot on him during one of the runs.
What amazes me is that the refs let the little piss ant do this crap every week. Every play for four years, he is punching, late hits, etc. right in front of the refs. And Ford was constantly jawing in the first and second quarters until he realized he was getting his a$$ handed to him as well. Overall, a very undisciplined football program from the top down. Then you look at the Cats and they are a class act.
So I'm guessing you missed the late hit on Mitch Roberts? Ford had 0 targets to his side and 0 catches on him. Ford was doing great, way better than anyone else on our team. Robby is 100% playing dirty and I don't condone it but trash-talking is part of the game and when you're as good as Justin Ford some trash-talk is permitted. All week long you cat fans have been scared ****** of Ford saying "Keep the ball away from Ford". This has happened both on this site and EGriz.
The late “hit” on Roberts was two guys getting tangled up while trying to get off the ground. I get why they called it a penalty, but in all reality it was nothing, and it certainly wasn’t dirty. Watch that play again, and if you really think it was dirty, then I can’t imagine you enjoy watching the Griz play.
Shouldn't have been a penalty at all, unless they called it for taunting afterward. Wasn't even remotely close to a late hit or a dirty play at all.

Only in Griz land is that a late hit.
I'm not sure what you saw, but the guy tackled Mitch Roberts and as he was getting back up tackled him again. It was the clearest late hit I've ever seen. Robby's late hit was less clear as the whistle did not blow.
The MSU player was under Roberts trying to stand up and knocked him down. Was not malicious at all.

On the Hauck penalty, the whistle absolutely did blow, you can hear it clear as day, and 3 other griz tacklers let up on the play - but Hauck did not. It was a well deserved flag. Rewatch it.
Yeah, the whistle was audibly clear. Right after the flag was thrown, Gregorak said Mini Hauck was just playing until the whistle blew so they must not have been able to hear it in the booth.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

tdub

Post by tdub » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:57 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:34 pm
tdub wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

It is a fact that O'Connell was not laying on top of the QB at the end of the tackle and when the whistle blew but then got on top of the QB. Yes the QB then grabbed O'Connell by the face mask, it's unclear if he was trying to push O'Connell off or what. The other Griz near them (I think Welnell) appeared to be trying to pull O'Connell off.
Didn’t dispute that at all. In fact, I’m not saying he’s a patron saint. But he isn’t a douche.

He reminds of an old school guy that part of the game is to emphasize a little of the “I’m tougher than you” mentality. Braden Konkel had a fair amount of that in his game too. Okada has a some as well. To be a hard-hitting alpha male on the field you probably have some of that in you. There’s a difference when you ARE the alpha, vs. #17 that goes overboard to compensate for NOT being the alpha.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Marana CAT » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:08 am

Coach Gregorak give an Awesome post-game (Cat/griz) speech at a tailgate party on the Southeast side next to the track? What a cool dude that supports and promotes MSU!! It is nice to finally have a (homer) in the media on the side of MSU!!!! Thanks Coach!!! It was already a hell of a Rock Show in that tent but you taking the time to address the crowd was over the top!!!

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:51 am

tdub wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:57 am
Joe Bobcat wrote:
tdub wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

Didn’t dispute that at all. In fact, I’m not saying he’s a patron saint. But he isn’t a douche.

He reminds of an old school guy that part of the game is to emphasize a little of the “I’m tougher than you” mentality. Braden Konkel had a fair amount of that in his game too. Okada has a some as well. To be a hard-hitting alpha male on the field you probably have some of that in you. There’s a difference when you ARE the alpha, vs. #17 that goes overboard to compensate for NOT being the alpha.
That's actually a very good comparison, O'Connell to Konkol. Konkol was tough, fast and hard hitting while being l no saint and every Bobcat loved him for it.

That should be the end of the discussion on this.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:04 am

rivercat wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:51 am
tdub wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:57 am
Joe Bobcat wrote:
tdub wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

That's actually a very good comparison, O'Connell to Konkol. Konkol was tough, fast and hard hitting while being l no saint and every Bobcat loved him for it.

That should be the end of the discussion on this.
Yep, Konkol played to the echo of the whistle, but wasn't a dirty cheapshot artist like Lil Hauck is...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

St George

Post by St George » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:34 am

Little Roberta Hauck is as dirty as it gets.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:36 am

St George wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:34 am
Little Roberta Hauck is as dirty as it gets.
I just wish we did more crack back blocks on him and plant his ass under the turf.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:24 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:01 pm
tdub wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

O’Connell was visibly upset with Hauck when he got the PF throwing Chambers down. The whistle blew well before Hauck threw him down contrary to what some people have said. I thought that was good of PO to call Robbie out on that. However, he then had a solid grip on Chambers facemask on his short TD run a few plays later and earlier (1st or 2nd drive) laid on Mellott at the end of a play.
I don't think that makes him a dirty player. If you play defense long enough you're eventually going to commit a facemask penalty. It's a fast game and rules committees have made it really hard to play defense.

I put after-the-play stuff in a completely different category, because after the play you have a clear choice and plenty of time to choose. There's absolutely no reason for it.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:21 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:24 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:01 pm
tdub wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

I don't think that makes him a dirty player. If you play defense long enough you're eventually going to commit a facemask penalty. It's a fast game and rules committees have made it really hard to play defense.

I put after-the-play stuff in a completely different category, because after the play you have a clear choice and plenty of time to choose. There's absolutely no reason for it.
I’m not saying he’s dirty. I’ve watched him play very little. I didn’t notice those two plays until I watched the game over a few times. His bewilderment with Robbie Hauck was commendable. That play, contrary to what some media and fans have said, was well after whistle and simply flagrant. You can clearly hear the whistle blow way before Chambers was thrown to the ground. If anything the officials stopped blowing their whistles too early. Hauck is over exuberant at best. He should be warned early in games that his conduct is borderline unsportsmanlike and potentially a personal foul and reminded that a second is an automatic ejection. I think the officials are remiss in not taking the initiative.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:24 pm

…Chambers was in on third down prior to getting in on fourth down. UM was offsides and should’ve been called for a PF for facemasking on fourth down. The MSU bench was hot about that. Brott was out on the field during review timeout giving the signal. Speaking of Brott, MSU is loaded at DT.

toM StUber

catapult
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catapult » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:45 pm

Personally, I don't think Robbie intentionally is trying to cheap shot anyone...it is a function of his extremely competitiveness and aggressive run support. He received that gene from his uncle Tim. I've always said to my inner circle, Robbie would be a legit Frontier Conference All-American safety, Division I not so much. Rule #1 for a safety is pass defense. We all know that is his weakness and it is a severe weakness in my opinion and should keep him out of any talk of All-American let alone Buck finalist...1 career pick with minimal pass breakups. These are the most important stats used to grade safety productivity. What he does do well is hustle his butt off, has a great nose for the ball and more often than not does make the tackle when in his area (except CAT/griz) \:D/ . There is no doubt in my mind, his last name has a HUGE impact on the national attention (Buck finalist this year) he has received in the last few years and that isn't his fault. It is a shame for the other safety's in the conference/entire FCS that are much more rounded in combined pass defense and run support that do not get his level of media attention or accolades. HATE POLITICS in sports! :evil:

ND0479

Post by ND0479 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:55 pm

catapult wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:45 pm
Personally, I don't think Robbie intentionally is trying to cheap shot anyone...it is a function of his extremely competitiveness and aggressive run support. He received that gene from his uncle Tim. I've always said to my inner circle, Robbie would be a legit Frontier Conference All-American safety, Division I not so much. Rule #1 for a safety is pass defense. We all know that is his weakness and it is a severe weakness in my opinion and should keep him out of any talk of All-American let alone Buck finalist...1 career pick with minimal pass breakups. These are the most important stats used to grade safety productivity. What he does do well is hustle his butt off, has a great nose for the ball and more often than not does make the tackle when in his area (except CAT/griz) \:D/ . There is no doubt in my mind, his last name has a HUGE impact on the national attention (Buck finalist this year) he has received in the last few years and that isn't his fault. It is a shame for the other safety's in the conference/entire FCS that are much more rounded in combined pass defense and run support that do not get his level of media attention or accolades. HATE POLITICS in sports! :evil:
He throwing haymakers on the majority of his tackles and it’s rarely an attempt to punch the ball out. He gave Elliot a kidney shot a few seconds after the play was dead. He swung at the SEMO’s RB’s head on the goal line. He’s legit the dirtiest player I’ve ever watched…complete bitch.