No way the Griz should be in the playoffs

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

utucats
Member # Retired

Re: No way the Griz should be in the playoffs

Post by utucats » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:41 am

Fahque wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:54 am
You pussies sure do cry about the Griz a lot over here :lol:

Last time I checked, special teams are still part of the game but if you all wanna play that game, good thing Weber‘s long snapper sucks or you wouldn’t even be the 4 seed
It’s hilarious that you ****** have the nerve to come talk any ****** over here after the ass kicking we gave you last week.

In every part of the game we made you look like the inferior program that you are.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:46 am

cat4lyf wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:26 am
rivercat wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:57 am
Fahque wrote:

Last time I checked, special teams are still part of the game but if you all wanna play that game, good thing Weber‘s long snapper sucks or you wouldn’t even be the 4 seed
Cat4lyf is a gris troll you idiot.
Sorry rivercat I'm not a gris troll. Please block me and stop derailing threads. I have never posted one negative thing about our coach or players. I refuse to let these gris come to our site and trash talk us.
Do you attend games Cat4lyf?

cat4lyf
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by cat4lyf » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:00 am

I refuse to go to that stadium in hippie village usa. Jon Krakauer exposed them for what they do and I don't support it.

MSU alum
Inside Connections
Korner Klub
Tailgate guy
Family man

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:02 am

cat4lyf wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:00 am
I refuse to go to that stadium in hippie village usa. Jon Krakauer exposed them for what they do and I don't support it.
Do you go to games in Bozeman?

Utcatsfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Utcatsfan » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:36 am

Congrats to Montanas comeback, Big Sky went 2-1 and didn't look bad in any of their games. They have a very tough task vs the Bison next week, unless their offense plays their best/perfect game along with a few breaks in ST and Defense I don't see them winning, they really need a new Coordinator/Scheme.

And to all those on here saying it "wasn't a real win" due to Special teams please shut the hell up, you're making us look stupid. Special Teams is a HUGE part of the game, Weber got 14 points off us and we got 8 off them the first go around, we cannot spot them 14 points like that.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:31 am

Started and ended well for BSC teams. Despite 2-1 record I didn’t think it was a great day. Weber was up 31-7 and had to hang on, UM rebounded from an atrocious start. I thought both of those games would be cake walks. I figured Idaho would have a tough time so that game was within expectations.

The other OVC team lost to Gardner-Webb. Bad day for OVC.

Interesting matchups this week with two SoCon vs Southland games (Furman at UIW; SLA at Sanford). Weber at MSU in the only game between conference foes. That’s the marquee game. I think all the other home teams are solid favorites.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:17 am

I’ll admit that the gris did a good job actually making an adjustment and scraped the run game. And Johnson really does spin a nice ball.

You could see it almost immediately after the score went to 24-3 (even before the kickoff) that SEMO was ripe for a comeback against them. Waiving to the crowd, etc. just showed they had no idea what happens when the gris get momentum going at home. And then had no idea how to respond when it did.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Utcatsfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Utcatsfan » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:22 am

tdub wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:17 am
I’ll admit that the gris did a good job actually making an adjustment and scraped the run game. And Johnson really does spin a nice ball.

You could see it almost immediately after the score went to 24-3 (even before the kickoff) that SEMO was ripe for a comeback against them. Waiving to the crowd, etc. just showed they had no idea what happens when the gris get momentum going at home. And then had no idea how to respond when it did.
Alot of people over on Egriz are saying they were flipping the crowd off, one good way to get the fans back into it regardless of team is pissing them off.

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:29 am

tdub wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:17 am

Watching that game, I just wished cat/Griz was in Missoula this year. Could you imagine having a game in there and not only do you take the crowd out of it right away, but for majority of the first half and even after SEMO’s first score of the second half until that Kickoff return, they had that stadium booing their team.

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:26 am

Was Denny Washington Stadium half full or half empty?

GeauxCats41

Post by GeauxCats41 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:34 am

Fahque wrote:

That’s rich coming from the fan base who only got into the playoffs because of their $$$. Imagine having to buy wins. Oh wait… 2011…

coochorama42

Post by coochorama42 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:36 am

It's 2022. You have to be able to run the football against good teams if you want to be a contender. I just don't understand how UM has gotten here. The offense is so predictable. They depend on their special teams and defense to keep them in every important game. Sometimes it can, but this year really exposed them.

Flowers won that game yesterday. He was the only offense in the 1st half. Without him, I believe that deficit is bigger. Then he had the big return. Also, if JJ isn't 100%, he isn't good enough to be on the field. He needs to be able to run for the Griz to win. I'm not saying Britt is better, but that offense is nothing without Johnson being able to tuck it and run for 20.

Next week will be a bloodbath, which is crazy because the talent is still there. The schemes are from 1990 though, and that costs UM dearly.

I will always cheer for UM unless they play MSU or if MSU benefits from their loss, but I have a hard time doing it under Hauck. He is such an asshat.

Mosey cue
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Mosey cue » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:46 am

Fahque wrote:

Hey you forgot the two return Tds that Weber had.

Mosey cue
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Mosey cue » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:56 am

catatac wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:30 am
That game in Fargo is gonna be….. ouch for the Griz
Lived in Fargo for 25 years, and my friends are laughing.

They are saying this the easiest draw they have had in the playoff runs, and it is with their worst team. The Griz only hope is a moral victory of doing better than the Cats did last you, which means nothing.

justafan

Post by justafan » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:03 am

by winning the fizz have an easy path to the semi's. I think they have the easiest path forward. I think we have a lot tougher path. going to sux if they make it all the way through. last nights come back showed two things 1st never count them out and the refs let them get away with crap they call on other teams.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:10 am

justafan wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:03 am
by winning the fizz have an easy path to the semi's. I think they have the easiest path forward. I think we have a lot tougher path. going to sux if they make it all the way through. last nights come back showed two things 1st never count them out and the refs let them get away with crap they call on other teams.
Lol, sarcasm?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:17 am

Fahque wrote:

You guys looked awesome last night! Last week, too. I'm sure you'll take out the bison next week and get to Frisco pretty easily.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:20 am

Gris showed a lot of poise coming back last night but at some point the late hits have to be called. Hauck jumps on every pile and the LBs were doing it too last night. There was a nice SEMO kickoff return after Flowers’ had his score and one of the Gris basically speared the return guy #17 who was obviously down and I’m not sure he returned to the game. Then Bergen scores on the punt and tosses the ball into the stands and no penalty at all. Late hit on the SEMO QB early in the game and the LT gets the personal foul for confronting the Gris goon.

Dirty coach; dirty team and I hope NDSU throttles them.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:30 am

Fahque wrote:

I guess they’ll find out next week, always tough to beat the same team twice in one season. Griz know all about that come playoff time, since they lost to NDSU and Weber after beating them once during the season before. But let’s not ignore the injuries the cats had for that game. I mean that’s all the Griz used as an excuse for 3 of their 4 losses (one of the 3 was LJ being sick was an excuse). Nothings guaranteed next week but cats lost two starting OL for that game, Chambers was out, they had their 3rd string safety starting, and no ifanse, which the cats could get back for this game and maybe sumner at RB too. Yes cats had some breaks in that game but so did Weber. As a cat fan injuries aside, I feel better going into next weeks game knowing we had some lucky breaks against Weber before, than I would if I were a Griz fan knowing I needed some lucky breaks and 2 special teams TDs (the PR TD refs missed a blindside block on) to beat an OVC team.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:36 am

Never seen a team so dependent on momentum. It’s weird how hot and cold they run.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie