Here's the FCS Bracket--The path we have

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Here's the FCS Bracket--The path we have

Post by aucat » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:36 pm

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/football/fcs/2022

We obviously need to take one game at a time. If we can keep winning we have two games at home. Last year I felt like it was our home crowd that helped propel us past SDSU. For that to happen again, we need Holy Cross or some team to upset SDSU. But let's turn out for each game that we have in Bobcat Stadium. I will be very curious to see what kind of crowd comes at for the UM game in Missoula this Sat.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Re: Here's the FCS Bracket--The path we have

Post by cats2506 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:52 pm

aucat wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:36 pm

We obviously need to take one game at a time. If we can keep winning we have two games at home. Last year I felt like it was our home crowd that helped propel us past SDSU. For that to happen again, we need Holy Cross or some team to upset SDSU. But let's turn out for each game that we have in Bobcat Stadium. I will be very curious to see what kind of crowd comes at for the UM game in Missoula this Sat.
HC ain't gonna upset SDSU

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:03 pm

aucat wrote:

SDSU has a cakewalk to the semi's. Holy Cross shouldn't have been seeded over Weber, and will probably lose their first game.

MSU has a bitch of a bracket. First its Weber who should've been seeded, and if we get past them, a tough W&M team.

thisnamesucks
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by thisnamesucks » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:09 pm

We can beat SDSU in Brookings. Will take a great game but we can do it. UC Davis had a shot to tie the game in the final minute early in the year.

Gotta take care of business but Cats have the offense to beat anyone

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:16 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:03 pm
aucat wrote:

SDSU has a cakewalk to the semi's. Holy Cross shouldn't have been seeded over Weber, and will probably lose their first game.

MSU has a bitch of a bracket. First its Weber who should've been seeded, and if we get past them, a tough W&M team.
W&M are very beatable and will struggle with our ground game. I'm not convinced they are a lock to win in the 2nd round. UND/Weber is a tough draw but we are in a good spot with our QB health right now. I'm very confident we make the semis...and welcome Delaware to Bozeman!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:18 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:16 pm
91catAlum wrote:
aucat wrote:

W&M are very beatable and will struggle with our ground game. I'm not convinced they are a lock to win in the 2nd round. UND/Weber is a tough draw but we are in a good spot with our QB health right now. I'm very confident we make the semis...and welcome Delaware to Bozeman!
:lol: :lol:

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:24 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:18 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
aucat wrote:

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:24 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:18 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
aucat wrote:

Please Please Please!!! Vim is spot on so often that Im taking this as gospel. [-o<

Hating the griz since 02.

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:14 pm

I think Delaware has been battling injuries this year, and to think of it think they were battling injuries all last year too. Not sure if he’s back but part of the reason they’ve been struggling is because their QB has been out some games…I live in a house divided and will be at the Griz game Saturday.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:05 pm

jgrilley406 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:14 pm
I think Delaware has been battling injuries this year, and to think of it think they were battling injuries all last year too. Not sure if he’s back but part of the reason they’ve been struggling is because their QB has been out some games…I live in a house divided and will be at the Griz game Saturday.
Henderson the QB for Delaware has been banged up all year but mostly playing through the injuries. Playing every weekend isn't going to help. I think that's part of the reason the committee put them in. Delaware probably would have been better record wise if he is healthy all year. However the difference between him and Johnson is he tried to play I Jared and just wasn't as good

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:24 pm

thisnamesucks wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:09 pm
We can beat SDSU in Brookings. Will take a great game but we can do it. UC Davis had a shot to tie the game in the final minute early in the year.

Gotta take care of business but Cats have the offense to beat anyone
:goodpost:

IF we're looking ahead to the chipper I think beating NDSU in the championship will be more of a challenge than beating SDSU in Brookings. Not because I think NDSU is the better team, but because NDSU knows how to prep, travel and play with 3 weeks to prepare better than anyone. SO I hope either Sac or someone else on that side of the bracket can stop them before we meet them in Frisco. Not that beating them wrascly wabbits in Brookings won't be a very big challenge as well, but as others have said.....we have the offense to beat anyone in the FCS now.

IF WSU wins, I think beating them for a second time will be challenging as well but nothing like @SDSU or NDSU in the championship. IF UND is able to beat WSU, I'm not too worried about beating the Hawks in Bozeman when they have to travel and play outside rather than a dome.

GO CATS!!!

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:34 pm

It looks like NDSU will have the tour De Big Sky. Likely um in the 2nd and maybe Idaho in the qtrs followed by Sac. Maybe one of them could get the job done.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:44 am

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:34 pm
It looks like NDSU will have the tour De Big Sky. Likely um in the 2nd and maybe Idaho in the qtrs followed by Sac. Maybe one of them could get the job done.
Pretty sure it won't be the gris

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:28 am

Lets just win game #1.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:57 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
On the one hand, someone posted a while back that NDSU hasn't played a road playoff game since Bozeman about 12 years ago.

On the other hand, Sac has wet the bed in the playoffs after great seasons twice in a row.

I think if Sac gets their playoff mojo going, they've got a decent shot at beating NDSU...but I can't imagine Idaho or UM doing that in Fargo.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:06 pm

onceacat wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:57 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
On the one hand, someone posted a while back that NDSU hasn't played a road playoff game since Bozeman about 12 years ago.

On the other hand, Sac has wet the bed in the playoffs after great seasons twice in a row.

I think if Sac gets their playoff mojo going, they've got a decent shot at beating NDSU...but I can't imagine Idaho or UM doing that in Fargo.
Tonight my buddy told me NDSU just had SIX players leave the team? :shock: I heard there were three a few days ago but didn't hear about six. That seems strange, or maybe not? Have we had any players enter the portal yet?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:14 am

catatac wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:06 pm
onceacat wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:

Tonight my buddy told me NDSU just had SIX players leave the team? :shock: I heard there were three a few days ago but didn't hear about six. That seems strange, or maybe not? Have we had any players enter the portal yet?
After watching their run game against UND...I'm not really sure it matters. As long as that Oline continues playing at an elite level, everything else is replaceable.

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:00 am

onceacat wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:

And that’s what continues to chap my @ss; we should have the 3 seed and NDSU the 4, all so they’d have to play a road game. Instead, the committee gifted them. So frustrating.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:11 am

Bobcat Sig wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:00 am
onceacat wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:

And that’s what continues to chap my @ss; we should have the 3 seed and NDSU the 4, all so they’d have to play a road game. Instead, the committee gifted them. So frustrating.
Wat? 3 and 4 seeds do both have to travel for the semis, unless the 1 or 2 seeds stumble… unless I’m misunderstanding.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:56 am

catatac wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:11 am
Bobcat Sig wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:00 am
onceacat wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:

Wat? 3 and 4 seeds do both have to travel for the semis, unless the 1 or 2 seeds stumble… unless I’m misunderstanding.
I think he's trying to say that SDSU has a really easy bracket and is unlikely to lose before the semis, while Sac has a tougher one and a history of being upset early. So the #3 seed has a much higher chance of getting to host the semi this year than #4.