Lewis Kidd interview

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Lewis Kidd interview

Post by AFCAT » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:27 am

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Lewis Kidd interview

Post by superbobcat » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:02 am

Kidd was part of the TD drive for the Saints in London vs Vikings. We sure had some talent on that team last year, just watch the NFL games!!

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:19 am

superbobcat wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:02 am
Kidd was part of the TD drive for the Saints in London vs Vikings. We sure had some talent on that team last year, just watch the NFL games!!
I'm curious if you have any more detail. Was he an extra tackle? In because of injury? Did he take a starter's job?

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:37 am

Saw him in there on that last field goal attempt.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:39 am

Looks like extra blocker and FG's.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:58 am

Thanks!

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:16 am

He was also in on Taysom Hills TD and the run went off his side so he was instrumental in the score!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:25 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:19 am
superbobcat wrote:
I'm curious if you have any more detail. Was he an extra tackle? In because of injury? Did he take a starter's job?
This is oversimplified and I'm sure there's more to it, but I thought the Saints' 1st round OL pick suffered an injury in training camp or preseason, which opened a path for Kidd. I'm going off memory, so take it with a grain of salt.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:03 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:25 am
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:19 am
superbobcat wrote:
This is oversimplified and I'm sure there's more to it, but I thought the Saints' 1st round OL pick suffered an injury in training camp or preseason, which opened a path for Kidd. I'm going off memory, so take it with a grain of salt.
You are correct. Penning, the OT from Northern Iowa was taken in the first and went out in the preseason with a season ending injuring, I believe.

-Elias P. Harmon-

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:46 pm

A quote from Taysom Hill on the offense's confidence with Lewis Kidd and being able to project on defenses in a jumbo package:

"Yeah, a lot of confidence. You know, we have kind of been talking about it. We carry plays like that every week. And you know, we say man, we're going to stay the course until somebody shows us that we can stop it. And you know, again, those guys come in and they've done such a great job up front to spring me for a lot of runs, a lot of touchdowns, and it's obviously challenging to stop with some of this QB run stuff."

Source:
https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/p ... ut-win-ove

-Trent King, Playmakers

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:53 pm

Lewis Kidd got subbed in at left guard today due to another injury

-Trent King, Playmakers

Travelingcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Travelingcat » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:57 pm

Starter Andrus Peat is officially out with an injury tomorrow and Kidd is expected to start.

These are the sorts of breaks you need to make it as an undrafted OL in the league. Hopefully he can put some good work on film.

This will be the second Bobcat rookie starter this year.

And I still think that Hardy could work his way into the starting lineup this year at some point once he gets off IR (Hopefully in a couple of weeks)

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:06 pm

Travelingcat wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:57 pm
Starter Andrus Peat is officially out with an injury tomorrow and Kidd is expected to start.

These are the sorts of breaks you need to make it as an undrafted OL in the league. Hopefully he can put some good work on film.
I read that Throckmorton (their #3 guard) has been practicing at LG and the Saints think he will play. Selfishly, I hope they give Throckmorton's hip another week to recover and let Kidd start.

-Trent King, Playmakers

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:05 pm

I didn't get to watch the game because I was at work, but going by the participation report, Throckmorton started and Kidd replaced him for two snaps at some point during the game. T Landon Young didn't play at all on offense, so the Saints must not have used their jumbo package at all. I'll take it as a positive sign that they're playing Kidd ahead of Young, who was their 6th round pick last year.

-Trent King, Playmakers