Sean Chambers Appreciation Thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Sean Chambers Appreciation Thread

Post by catatac » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:06 pm

Bobcat1boz wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:44 pm
At the beginning I wasn't a huge fan of Sean. But he came for personal reasons to help himself and all I hear are good things about the guy off the field as a person. So I have changed my feelings on him and I'm glad he's settled into his role and stepped up big last week against our rivals. I have to give props he's done very well for us so far. Besides his passing scares me a bit. We'll see how UC Davis goes. hold off on all your praises until Sunday. We need to win this weekend bad, if he drops the ball this weekend you might be rethinking everything.
Honestly it's sad the freshman Jordan Reed is injured, he's going to be a complete baller.
As for Tommy, He need's to sit and do nothing for a week and slowly get back into it. He needs three weeks off at least, his health and future is more important. He suffered a serve concussion and he was out for a couple minutes. UFC fighters get 60 day suspensions after knocks outs less than that. I don't want to see him until weber state or even after the bye week.

Go Cats
FTG
None of us except Tommy and those closest to him know how "severe" his concussion was. I'm not going to downplay it to the level that one poster did and say he came back to the sidelines and watched the game in bright sunlight without shades, so he couldn't have been concussed.... but it is a fair point that if this would have been a sever concussions, he probably would have gone to the hospital for observation, or at a mininum he would have stayed in the locker room to rest under a Doctor's care. These are all decisions made by 3rd party health care experts, not the players or coaches.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Pecos24
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Pecos24 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:58 pm

tdub wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:35 pm
I’m probably one of the only ones that completely disagree that when Tommy went out that there was a late hit or cheap shot involved. At live speed, Tommy slides in the middle of the football field with two tacklers converging on him. Crappy timing and luck, but not much else. I have a hard time blaming a LB or safety for coming hard into a tackle. Both guys where already committed to a tackle when Mellott started his slide. Did it suck?? Of course it did.
The one later on Chambers looked later and more targeted than Tommy’s did.
You are not the only one. That is what I thought too. When he started his slide those two defenders were almost on top of him. I didn’t post this unpopular opinion figuring I’d get burned at the stake! 😂

Bill Zander
CS '93
AKA - "F'n sorry ass"

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:50 pm

tdub wrote:
I’m probably one of the only ones that completely disagree that when Tommy went out that there was a late hit or cheap shot involved. At live speed, Tommy slides in the middle of the football field with two tacklers converging on him. Crappy timing and luck, but not much else. I have a hard time blaming a LB or safety for coming hard into a tackle. Both guys where already committed to a tackle when Mellott started his slide. Did it suck?? Of course it did.
I saw it the same. 4 took some cheap shots at chambers later but the specific play with Tommy, while it could have been flagged, didn't look dirty or intentional.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:55 pm

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:50 pm
tdub wrote:
I saw it the same. 4 took some cheap shots at chambers later but the specific play with Tommy, while it could have been flagged, didn't look dirty or intentional.
I would say "should" have been flagged, cause it was pretty clearly a late hit, but it wasn't targeting. There was another uncalled targeting against Chambers a couple plays before too.

#4 should have been ejected though...I'll never understand how the replay crew overturned that call.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:40 pm

Pecos24 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:58 pm
tdub wrote:
You are not the only one. That is what I thought too. When he started his slide those two defenders were almost on top of him. I didn’t post this unpopular opinion figuring I’d get burned at the stake! 😂
Vigen, after reviewing film, pretty much said what you two have said...
"But it's one of those plays that happens so quickly in the game of football, that I don't know if it could have been officiated any differently or coached any differently, anything like that.”

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:51 pm

onceacat wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:55 pm
GoldstoneCat wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:50 pm
tdub wrote:
I would say "should" have been flagged, cause it was pretty clearly a late hit, but it wasn't targeting. There was another uncalled targeting against Chambers a couple plays before too.

#4 should have been ejected though...I'll never understand how the replay crew overturned that call.
Agreed on all counts.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:53 pm

PapaG wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:32 am
Tommy and Sean seem to have good rapport based on what I’ve seen as well on congratulating each other after big plays. Vigen’s locker room seemingly has an outstanding culture.
We shouldn't be surprised that Tommy is accepting and encouraging of Sean. There are very few people in this world who posseses all of the following character traits:

Humility
Charisma
Servant Leadership
No Ego
Selflessness

From all accounts, Tommy does. Very similar to Travis Lulay in that regard. D Mac as well. Two pillars of integrity among all Bobcat Football alumni. Tommy appears to be the next one to carry that torch. An exemplary young man.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:59 pm

HIM

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:39 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:53 pm
PapaG wrote:
Tommy and Sean seem to have good rapport based on what I’ve seen as well on congratulating each other after big plays. Vigen’s locker room seemingly has an outstanding culture.
We shouldn't be surprised that Tommy is accepting and encouraging of Sean. There are very few people in this world who posseses all of the following character traits:

Humility
Charisma
Servant Leadership
No Ego
Selflessness

From all accounts, Tommy does. Very similar to Travis Lulay in that regard. D Mac as well. Two pillars of integrity among all Bobcat Football alumni. Tommy appears to be the next one to carry that torch. An exemplary young man.
As this is a Sean thread, how about him willing to accept going from being an FBS QB1 to FCS QB2 and embracing that role until called upon to start this week. I’m very impressed with his acclimation to the university and program and thrilled he’ll be a fellow Bobcat alum.

It’s kind of fun bumping into older guys I went to school with like Nico Harrison and Alonzo Stephens over the years at various NCAA events. Sean will have the same experiences because Bobcats and Montana are loyal, even if you weren’t born here. I wasn’t a native but lots of my family are and this has always been home even living on the west coast for 25 years.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:31 pm

PapaG wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:39 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:53 pm
PapaG wrote:

Humility
Charisma
Servant Leadership
No Ego
Selflessness

As this is a Sean thread, how about him willing to accept going from being an FBS QB1 to FCS QB2 and embracing that role until called upon to start this week. I’m very impressed with his acclimation to the university and program and thrilled he’ll be a fellow Bobcat alum.

It’s kind of fun bumping into older guys I went to school with like Nico Harrison and Alonzo Stephens over the years at various NCAA events. Sean will have the same experiences because Bobcats and Montana are loyal, even if you weren’t born here. I wasn’t a native but lots of my family are and this has always been home even living on the west coast for 25 years.
Yep, happy to have both of them as Bobcats!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:03 am

227 passing 2 TD
203 rushing 3 TD
Zero turnovers

200/200 games don’t happen often at any level.

One of the best Bobcat QB performances in my lifetime.

Is there going to be a starting QB competition this week? They will both play, but Sean absolutely crushed it tonight.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:07 am

PapaG wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:03 am
227 passing 2 TD
203 rushing 3 TD
Zero turnovers

200/200 games don’t happen often at any level.

One of the best Bobcat QB performances in my lifetime.

Is there going to be a starting QB competition this week? They will both play, but Sean absolutely crushed it tonight.
Just left the game. The offense had a lot more flow and was faster with Sean in. He's definitely a stud.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Bocephus

Post by Bocephus » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:13 am

Does Sean have 1 year of eligibility left after this year?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:20 am

Bocephus wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:13 am
Seems like he could...played only 4 games at Wyoming in 2018 which was the first year of the new 4 game redshirt rule. Then played in 19 and 21 with Wyoming (20 is the COVID year) and 22 with MSU.

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:20 am

Bocephus wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:13 am
He's listed as a Jr so I'd think yes.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Counter Assault » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:48 am

I’ll be shocked if Chambers is not our starting QB from here on out. Tommy will def be involved and prob also make some huge plays.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:56 am

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:56 pm
onceacat wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:35 pm
RobertCats wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:24 pm
Guy transfers down, commits to a team that asks him to take a reduced role. He gets his head right and wills us (along with Elliot) to a victory over one of our "rivals" at their place....which has been a tough place for visitors.

Honest question, when was the last season that our QB1 made it through an entire season? I cannot think of one off the top of my head. Backup QB is so critical to this teams success and he has embraced it. Oh and he leads the FCS in rushing TDs, NBD.

I am so damn glad he decided to be a Bobcat!
I guess it depends on what you mean by "made it through the season"...

I think Chris Murray & Troy Andersen started & ended the season without missing games due to injury.

Matt McKay "made it" the same number of games as Murray, and only left when he got asked to move to QB 2 in favor of a rising talent.

And to give credit where credit is due, Tucker Rovig was the #1 guy until he got benched for a linebacker, then he was the backup for a different guy for 3 games, then he was the starter for the whole rest of the season then he was benched for an FCS dropdown who was benched for a freshman who got hurt in the national title game so Tucker got to take most of the snaps in the chipper.

So really, that particular question is all about Tucker Rovigs really weird career in a Bobcat uniform.

I only bring up Tucker because he brings the same sort of thing to the Cats that Chambers does...a willingness to do whatever it takes to be coached and to play his role on the team.

And it seems to be paying off for both Chambers and the team.

I'm really glad he became a Bobcat too!
Troy didn’t make it through his year at QB unscathed. Troy had his hand in a cast for a while and Rovig started two games (SDSU and Wagner), I believe, in his place.
Until Rovig broke his foot in practice.

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:59 am

Love you Mr. Chambers. Much appreciated.

I blame the Butte coaches. They didn’t prep Thomas for D1 football.

Lol. Haha. You are doing great.

Go Rustlers.

On a side note, the Padron 1964 collection is a very nice post game smoke. Goes well with a good sipping whiskey.

Highly recommended.

Well I better go, cops are looking at me.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:10 am

Sean Chambers is a grown ass MAN!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:19 am

Cambers should be QB1 until he does something(s) to lose the job. He is currently more dynamic than Tommy and a more prolific run threat.