Game time

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Game time

Post by Camo_Cat » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:42 am

Maybe MSU should allow out-of-town fans to throw up some tents on the field and camp out after the game is over!

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:56 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:42 am
Maybe MSU should allow out-of-town fans to throw up some tents on the field and camp out after the game is over!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:17 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:00 am
codecat wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:31 am
rivercat wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:32 pm
codecat wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:36 pm
Rich K wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:29 pm
So when the neighbors complain this time they get to complain about both the noise shed and the light shed. What's the neighborhood come to?
I'd say the neighbors would have a legitimate complaint about a noise disturbance if the game last the amount of time most games do and the noise goes on between 11:15 and 11:45 PM.
It's likely that the vast majority neighbors now have moved into the area of an existing football stadium. So I have zero sympathy. Don't like the noise, then leave. Or better yet, buy a ticket and enjoy the show.
Understood, but there is a reasonableness and past 11 pm Is not reasonable - If you checked Bozeman statues you will find the witching hour earlier than 11 pm. This is total inconsideration by all involved in scheduling, of both late hour noise and much of the fan base having to drive back home starting around midnight! This is just another example that the Disney companies don't give a rip about people.
Is this a joke? Every Saturday there are games at 8, 815 and 830 on ESPN, FS1 and CBSSN. If you want to be on national TV in the mountain or pacific time zones, this is how you do it. I doubt people in Salt Lake, Boise, Laramie, Reno, Fresno, Pullman, Boulder etc. are complaining.
Well it started out as a joke. But it may evolve into a letter to the editor in the Chronicle and after that, maybe it'll be part of a book.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Bozeman42
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bozeman42 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:25 am

I’m disappointed it’s going on ESPNU and not ESPN2. I’ll be at the game so it won’t affect me, but seems like the National exposure will be down because of that.

WSUWILDCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:29 am

rivercat wrote:
codecat wrote:
Rich K wrote:
So when the neighbors complain this time they get to complain about both the noise shed and the light shed. What's the neighborhood come to?
I'd say the neighbors would have a legitimate complaint about a noise disturbance if the game last the amount of time most games do and the noise goes on between 11:15 and 11:45 PM.
It's likely that the vast majority neighbors now have moved into the area of an existing football stadium. So I have zero sympathy. Don't like the noise, then leave. Or better yet, buy a ticket and enjoy the show.

It's like people here moving next to Hill AFB and then complaining about the jet noise.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GO WILDCATS

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:44 am

RobertCats wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:56 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Bobcat-Stock!"

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:15 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:44 am
RobertCats wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:

"Bobcat-Stock!"
Hot tubs on flatbed trailers, mud wrestling sorority girls, furniture bonfires, AGR's passed out with gallon size glass liquor bottles....I wouldn't mind a trip back to the 80's when I was a tailgating on the student side, as a student. It was great, or at least the parts I can remember.... :suds:

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:45 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
codecat wrote:
rivercat wrote:
codecat wrote:
Rich K wrote:
Understood, but there is a reasonableness and past 11 pm Is not reasonable - If you checked Bozeman statues you will find the witching hour earlier than 11 pm. This is total inconsideration by all involved in scheduling, of both late hour noise and much of the fan base having to drive back home starting around midnight! This is just another example that the Disney companies don't give a rip about people.
Is this a joke? Every Saturday there are games at 8, 815 and 830 on ESPN, FS1 and CBSSN. If you want to be on national TV in the mountain or pacific time zones, this is how you do it. I doubt people in Salt Lake, Boise, Laramie, Reno, Fresno, Pullman, Boulder etc. are complaining.
I don't know about the rest, but in SLC, Boise, and Boulder, the stadium doesn't butt up to residential neighborhoods.

I'm not actually that sympathetic to the neighbors, but its not really the same situation.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:52 am

WSUWILDCAT wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:29 am
rivercat wrote:
codecat wrote:
Rich K wrote:

It's like people here moving next to Hill AFB and then complaining about the jet noise.
When I lived in Korea, my room was located near the end of the runway (we had F-16s and A-10s) and Base leadership had a Giant Voice speaker located right outside my window. I didn’t sleep for a year.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:07 am

onceacat wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:45 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
codecat wrote:
rivercat wrote:
codecat wrote:
Rich K wrote:
I don't know about the rest, but in SLC, Boise, and Boulder, the stadium doesn't butt up to residential neighborhoods.

I'm not actually that sympathetic to the neighbors, but its not really the same situation.
Both Folsom Field in Boulder and Rice-Eccles in Salt Lake are about 2 blocks from large neighborhoods and/or apartments so I'd disagree, it's very much the same. It's a little ridiculous people who choose to live near a stadium complain about the stadium. And this Saturday is 1 out of 6 to 9 gamedays a year.

RICO CAT

Post by RICO CAT » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:28 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:07 am
onceacat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
codecat wrote:
rivercat wrote:
codecat wrote:
Rich K wrote:
I guess we will all just have to golf-clap.

Both Folsom Field in Boulder and Rice-Eccles in Salt Lake are about 2 blocks from large neighborhoods and/or apartments so I'd disagree, it's very much the same. It's a little ridiculous people who choose to live near a stadium complain about the stadium. And this Saturday is 1 out of 6 to 9 gamedays a year.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:26 pm

Rich K wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:17 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
codecat wrote:
rivercat wrote:
codecat wrote:
Rich K wrote:
Well it started out as a joke. But it may evolve into a letter to the editor in the Chronicle and after that, maybe it'll be part of a book.
That book was hilarious. "A woman called to complain that MSU students had built a laser and were shining it into her house to burn her legs"

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:37 pm

onceacat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
codecat wrote:
rivercat wrote:
codecat wrote:
Rich K wrote:

The difference in Bozeman is that the residential neighborhoods butted themselves up to the stadium. Those used to be fields. They built/moved in next to a stadium. They can't act shocked that a college football stadium is loud for 6-8 days out of a 365 day year for about 4-6 hours each time. The complainers need to relax. Buy a ticket. Come have a fun evening. I mean if you chose to live next a stadium, might as well enjoy it

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:48 pm

WSUWILDCAT wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:29 am
rivercat wrote:
codecat wrote:
Rich K wrote:

Okay, I grew up in a home literally a stone’s throw from the MSC/U campus. My dad worked there. We always heard four blasts from the steam whistle everyday, the cannon from Gatton field, the band (those drums really carry). We heard the noise late at night when the huge panty-raid occurred, and were awakened by the cannon being fired on the corner of College and 8th. The constant construction noise and traffic. The mass moans of freshmen seeing the grade on their calculus final. And we loved it all. The only bothersome noise was the increasing 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. traffic and the advent of loud little cars and big trucks. The various sounds meant the campus was alive, a fun, happy, vibrant place. I wanted ever so much for my first 18 years to be able to go to school there, and from an unexpected assist it worked out. When we moved away we really missed the proximity of the campus. My advice — look at the neighborhood (and town) carefully before you commit. And after you do, then vigorously protest all zoning changes. I can’t believe anyone living near the campus bemoaning the sounds of happy people at a game. It sure beats gunfire.

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:32 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:15 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:

"Bobcat-Stock!"
Hot tubs on flatbed trailers, mud wrestling sorority girls, furniture bonfires, AGR's passed out with gallon size glass liquor bottles....I wouldn't mind a trip back to the 80's when I was a tailgating on the student side, as a student. It was great, or at least the parts I can remember.... :suds:
Looks more like the mid-70's Aber Day crowd, as much as I can remember :suds: :sick:

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:49 pm

codecat wrote:
Rich K wrote:
It happens once every 20 years. I don't give a crap if there is incredible noise on a Saturday night once every 20 years. Anyone who complains is a Karen/Kevin. Hell, don't like it, buy a ticket and go to the damn game. Then you get some fun to go with the noise.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:22 pm

codecat wrote:
rivercat wrote:
codecat wrote:
Rich K wrote:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:52 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:32 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:15 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:

"Bobcat-Stock!"
Looks more like the mid-70's Aber Day crowd, as much as I can remember :suds: :sick:
There is an amazing PBS show about aber day. It was unreal. Couldn't get away with those shenanigans these days

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:32 pm

"I swear to God I'll pistol whip the next guy who says "Shenanigans."

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:36 pm

"Hey Farva what's that place you like with all the goofy sh*t on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?"