What's the real scoop on the QB situation?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re: What's the real scoop on the QB situation?

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:22 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:37 pm
PapaG wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:25 pm
seataccat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:03 pm
PapaG wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:26 pm
seataccat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:01 am
PapaG wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:57 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:03 pm
Tommy is QB1. However, the plan isn't to run him 35 times like he did against SDSU so be ready to see a heavy dose of Sean Chambers running the ball this year. And no...it won't be the Travis Jonsen "fake toss that doesn't ever actually turn into a toss" play. Sean can spin it and he took shots in the spring game. Anyway, Tommy is the captain of the offense and Chambers will be part of the offense in some capacity as well.
I’ve been told by experts here that running a QB 35 times a game instead of 15 doesn’t increase the chance of injury.
Didn't an expert get on here and say that only people that played sports at a high level would understand how you couldn't possibly make Tommy Mellot the starter at QB? You would lose all respect from the rest of the players.
I played a sport in college and running the QB 35x a game isn’t sustainable. The long-term effects of having anyone run the ball 35x a game is ruinous.

What’s your problem? PM me if you have the guts but I doubt it because you want your anonymity. It’s a dumb take and standing behind it is stupid, mostly for Tommy. No player should take that many carries, especially a QB who also gets hit in the pocket.
Not sure why I'd PM you, I already know a few intameraal badminton players to consult about locker room dynamics. You calling me a coward is rich. Just pointing out some stupid things I heard on here a while back.
Oh and I do agree about a QB running the ball 35 times a game.
Figured you wouldn’t PM me. Keyboard warrior. Ha

If you agree with me, why the false personal insult? You know why.
Boys, boys. We're all Bobcats here. Settle down.
Let him babble on. It's obvious he never went through MSU's Army ROTC Program, went through Jump School, Ranger School, IOBC, the Advanced Course, Command and General Staff, had three company commands...

But he's a tough guy. He wants other posters to PM him...

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:30 am

PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Tommy is QB1. However, the plan isn't to run him 35 times like he did against SDSU so be ready to see a heavy dose of Sean Chambers running the ball this year. And no...it won't be the Travis Jonsen "fake toss that doesn't ever actually turn into a toss" play. Sean can spin it and he took shots in the spring game. Anyway, Tommy is the captain of the offense and Chambers will be part of the offense in some capacity as well.
I’ve been told by experts here that running a QB 35 times a game instead of 15 doesn’t increase the chance of injury.
Didn't an expert get on here and say that only people that played sports at a high level would understand how you couldn't possibly make Tommy Mellot the starter at QB? You would lose all respect from the rest of the players.
I played a sport in college and running the QB 35x a game isn’t sustainable. The long-term effects of having anyone run the ball 35x a game is ruinous.

What’s your problem? PM me if you have the guts but I doubt it because you want your anonymity. It’s a dumb take and standing behind it is stupid, mostly for Tommy. No player should take that many carries, especially a QB who also gets hit in the pocket.
I’m giving this post from Papa a C-

He gets an A for fitting in “ruinous” but an F for skipping over the point that he was dead wrong last season about what the results of starting Tommy at QB would be.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:43 am

Hey hey hey, you're all pretty. No need to fight.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:57 pm

Man this place is a dumpster fire without football.

Can't wait for the season.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

CatsBy90
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CatsBy90 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:46 pm

In case anyone needs a pick-me-up...just know that this is right around the corner.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:30 am

CatsBy90 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:46 pm

In case anyone needs a pick-me-up...just know that this is right around the corner.
So awesome to watch! Thanks!!

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:33 am

And Tommy has only gotten better since last fall. I still feel so bad that kid couldn't lead us during that title game. He was so ready for that opportunity and he would've been a handful for NDSU all day.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:36 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:33 am
And Tommy has only gotten better since last fall. I still feel so bad that kid couldn't lead us during that title game. He was so ready for that opportunity and he would've been a handful for NDSU all day.
How has Chambers looked? He really struggled at Wyoming but I got the feeling it could have been coaching.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:41 am

gtapp wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:36 am
VimSince03 wrote:
How has Chambers looked? He really struggled at Wyoming but I got the feeling it could have been coaching.
:shock: Who was one of his quarterback coaches at Wyoming?

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:58 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:41 am
gtapp wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Not sure. I sat with the WY boosters at the MSU/Wyoming game and they seemed to think there could be an issue with how he was used and then it sounded like Bohl threw him under the bus when the season ended.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:59 pm

gtapp wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:58 am
AFCAT wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:41 am
gtapp wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Not sure. I sat with the WY boosters at the MSU/Wyoming game and they seemed to think there could be an issue with how he was used and then it sounded like Bohl threw him under the bus when the season ended.
Okay, you are just considering last season. Vigen was his quarterback coach before then.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:32 pm

canyoncat wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:55 am
superbobcat wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:39 am
All I know, is for the first time in a long time, we have real experience, depth, and talent at the QB position. It is the key to offensive success IMO.
This, mic drop =D^
Well, let’s just hope the offense doesn’t score too fast so the defense doesn’t get any rest. 😉

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:08 pm

superbobcat wrote:
All I know, is for the first time in a long time, we have real experience, depth, and talent at the QB position. It is the key to offensive success IMO.
I’m not sure it’s really that deep. Talent wise, yeah, we’ve got it…but experience and depth is less than it was last season. God forbid one of our dual threat QB’s gets injured, the experience in the QB room is minimal.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:28 pm

ND0479 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:08 pm
superbobcat wrote:
I’m not sure it’s really that deep. Talent wise, yeah, we’ve got it…but experience and depth is less than it was last season. God forbid one of our dual threat QB’s gets injured, the experience in the QB room is minimal.
All four QB's fit this system. Better than the two drop back Qb's and two dual threat. We have one direction in the QB room.

GeauxCats41
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GeauxCats41 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:34 pm

Some of you worry too much. Does it ever get tiresome? We’ve got a very competent QB room. For years to come I’ll add.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:12 pm

utucats wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:30 am
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

He gets an A for fitting in “ruinous” but an F for skipping over the point that he was dead wrong last season about what the results of starting Tommy at QB would be.
Thanks for the grade, Professor. Hilarious. Who the f*ck are you? Really, I’m curious.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:53 am

PapaG wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:12 pm
utucats wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:30 am
PapaG wrote:
seataccat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Thanks for the grade, Professor. Hilarious. Who the f*ck are you? Really, I’m curious.
You should consider writing a book called "how to make friends and influence people." It would surely be a best seller.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Team10

Post by Team10 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:10 pm

My god, gimme a break with the name calling and posturing, children.

Victor Flores posted some videos today of the QBs and some of their throwing drills. He made the comment that he hasn't seen Chambers on the field at all this week, anyone have any insight to this?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:30 pm

Team10 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:10 pm

Victor Flores posted some videos today of the QBs and some of their throwing drills. He made the comment that he hasn't seen Chambers on the field at all this week, anyone have any insight to this?
Flores was probably lurking on here again and saw what happened with the Rylan Ortt discussion and decided to stir thing up. :-k

Hi Victor! :wink:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

ND0479

Post by ND0479 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:55 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:30 pm
Team10 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:10 pm

Flores was probably lurking on here again and saw what happened with the Rylan Ortt discussion and decided to stir thing up. :-k

Hi Victor! :wink:
His reporting and podcast have actually been pretty positive leading up to the season. Since I give him so much criticism, I'll praise his improvement.