Lance McCutcheon MSU Career Highlight Video

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Lance McCutcheon MSU Career Highlight Video

Post by CelticCat » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:35 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:03 am
Lance and Daniel

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1559205203357839361
As a Rams fan this makes me exceedingly happy and proud.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:01 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
I think Lance either makes the team or he gets traded. LA knows they have an asset there that's too good to be on the practice squad, assuming this game wasn't a fluke. They'll either find a place for him in a crowded WR room or they'll find a team that needs a WR and fill another need on the roster. Judging from one game is tough, but it sure seems like he's too valuable to have basically sitting in storage.
Can you trade an undrafted free agent that doesn’t make the 53 man roster? I have no idea how this works. I thought they didn’t get a team contract until they made the team or the practice squad.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:05 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:01 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
I think Lance either makes the team or he gets traded. LA knows they have an asset there that's too good to be on the practice squad, assuming this game wasn't a fluke. They'll either find a place for him in a crowded WR room or they'll find a team that needs a WR and fill another need on the roster. Judging from one game is tough, but it sure seems like he's too valuable to have basically sitting in storage.
Can you trade an undrafted free agent that doesn’t make the 53 man roster? I have no idea how this works. I thought they didn’t get a team contract until they made the team or the practice squad.
If you're not under contract they can't trade as there is nothing to trade. That's where the player agent steps in. A good agent will have a good idea which teams would need the talent he's representing.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:37 am

If the Rams keep 6 WRs on the roster Lance is likely fighting for that sixth spot. The below list is their current WRs on roster (in my order). This also assumes they don't re-sign Odell Beckham Jr. (which likely wouldn't happen prior to week 1 anyway).

Cooper Kupp
Allen Robinson
Van Jefferson
Ben Skowronek (11 receptions as a rookie in 2021)
Tutu Atwell (PR/KR only in 2021, 2nd rd pick in 2021 draft)
Brandon Powell (PR/KR only in 2021 but played WR in previous years)
Lance McCutcheon
Austin Trammell

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:52 am

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:37 am
If the Rams keep 6 WRs on the roster Lance is likely fighting for that sixth spot. The below list is their current WRs on roster (in my order). This also assumes they don't re-sign Odell Beckham Jr. (which likely wouldn't happen prior to week 1 anyway).

Cooper Kupp
Allen Robinson
Van Jefferson
Lance McCutcheon
Austin Trammell
https://twitter.com/StuJRams/status/155 ... IJNu1TmrQQ

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:31 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Any team can sign him to their 53-man roster from the Rams’ PS so it’s not storage, it’s basically giving him away for nothing. I wouldn’t be surprised if they trade one of their veteran WRs that are 3-4-5 on the depth chart and keep Lance.

One thing that is obvious is that last year’s team was stacked so I’m lowering my expectations this season as a rebuilding year and possibly not seeded but in the playoffs with a home game.

There were three legitimate NFL players on last season’s team, possibly four if Kidd makes a PS, and that’s never happened before for MSU in my memory.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:44 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Lance and Daniel

Love it!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:55 pm

PapaG wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:31 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Any team can sign him to their 53-man roster from the Rams’ PS so it’s not storage, it’s basically giving him away for nothing. I wouldn’t be surprised if they trade one of their veteran WRs that are 3-4-5 on the depth chart and keep Lance.

One thing that is obvious is that last year’s team was stacked so I’m lowering my expectations this season as a rebuilding year. There were three legitimate NFL players on last season’s team, possibly four if Kidd makes a PS, and that’s never happened before for MSU in my memory.
That's kind of what I mean. I think they have to sign him and keep him or somehow sign him and trade him. I'm not sure how all that works exactly, but putting him on the practice squad would not be a good option for them.

As for the expectations of this year's team, I don't see how that suddenly makes you realize this is a rebuilding year...just because there are some guys now proving themselves in the NFL. We all knew the talent on last year's team and knew those guys would be hard to replace. I get it, this does make you realize how this elite group of athletes was able to accomplish what they did, but as far as I'm concerned we've known for the better part of a year (or more) how hard those guys would be to replace. In fact, in my opinion the guy I'm the most concerned about MSU replacing isn't in the NFL at all (Chase Benson). That's not to say Troy Andersen wasn't a better player, I just think there are good LB's coming up and the DL is more of a question mark.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:17 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:52 am
coloradocat wrote:

Cooper Kupp
Allen Robinson
Van Jefferson
Lance McCutcheon
Austin Trammell
Lance shot himself from "no way" to "take a hard look", but that's still an uphill battle. Kupp, Robinson, Jefferson (unless he's injured all season), and Atwell are locks. Powell is probably a lock for return duties. It's going to be between Skowroneck, Trammell and Lance. Skowroneck plays a lot on special teams but had several big drops when he got some time at WR. I think the Rams keep Skowroneck and they may decide to keep 7 WRs, and I think Lance has a good shot in this scenario. Not sure Lance can do enough on special teams to oust Skowroneck, but the Rams might feel Skowroneck doesn't bring enough to the table as a viable wideout though.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:35 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:17 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

Cooper Kupp
Allen Robinson
Van Jefferson
Lance McCutcheon
Austin Trammell
Lance shot himself from "no way" to "take a hard look", but that's still an uphill battle. Kupp, Robinson, Jefferson (unless he's injured all season), and Atwell are locks. Powell is probably a lock for return duties. It's going to be between Skowroneck, Trammell and Lance. Skowroneck plays a lot on special teams but had several big drops when he got some time at WR. I think the Rams keep Skowroneck and they may decide to keep 7 WRs, and I think Lance has a good shot in this scenario. Not sure Lance can do enough on special teams to oust Skowroneck, but the Rams might feel Skowroneck doesn't bring enough to the table as a viable wideout though.
To complicate matters finances always play a role. It might make financial sense for the Rams to keep Lance and pay him the minimum and trade one of the other receivers that make more in order to bring in another player at a different position. Never know what's happening in the head offices and I know very very little as I've already payed more attention to the NFL this year than I have the last 10 years combined.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:51 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:17 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

Cooper Kupp
Allen Robinson
Van Jefferson
Lance McCutcheon
Austin Trammell
I agree with all of this. Skowroneck was the one guy that I had trouble ranking. I put him up there because he at least saw the field as a WR last year, unlike the next two guys. But you're right, he's probably less likely to make it than Powell (Atwell's not going anywhere). In another reply Rich mentioned money but I doubt Skowroneck makes much more than Lance so production/potential will win out there.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:03 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:55 pm
PapaG wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:31 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:

One thing that is obvious is that last year’s team was stacked so I’m lowering my expectations this season as a rebuilding year. There were three legitimate NFL players on last season’s team, possibly four if Kidd makes a PS, and that’s never happened before for MSU in my memory.
That's kind of what I mean. I think they have to sign him and keep him or somehow sign him and trade him. I'm not sure how all that works exactly, but putting him on the practice squad would not be a good option for them.

As for the expectations of this year's team, I don't see how that suddenly makes you realize this is a rebuilding year...just because there are some guys now proving themselves in the NFL. We all knew the talent on last year's team and knew those guys would be hard to replace. I get it, this does make you realize how this elite group of athletes was able to accomplish what they did, but as far as I'm concerned we've known for the better part of a year (or more) how hard those guys would be to replace. In fact, in my opinion the guy I'm the most concerned about MSU replacing isn't in the NFL at all (Chase Benson). That's not to say Troy Andersen wasn't a better player, I just think there are good LB's coming up and the DL is more of a question mark.
Ya, all this, pretty much where I'm at with it. There are a couple other threads where we discussed this too. I don't have a crystal ball, so we'll just have to see what happens this Fall, but I tend to think this program is at a point where there is so much talent all across the roster, there are stars in the waiting that have just been waiting for their chance. Do we have a Troy Andersen on the roster? No, I'm not going to go that far... lol. But, we have a Tommy Mellott. Just how good is he going to be? Some people think he might end up being the best Bobcat QB of all time when it's all said and done. Do we have a Chase Benson? Maybe Seabass is that guy. Lance? Who's going to shine now when they finally get their chance? I think Ravi might end up on an NFL roster. Hardy? Maybe Grebe. Is there a future NFL O Lineman on the roster? I think there is (Just not in 2023). Don't even get me started on the RBs and DBs... we are absolutely stacked and loaded there.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:23 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:44 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Lance and Daniel

Love it!
Yup, the Cats need to get this video out on every social media platform they have....coaches too.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:55 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:23 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:44 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Lance and Daniel

Love it!
Yup, the Cats need to get this video out on every social media platform they have....coaches too.
Wow Lance really tore it up on Saturday, Good for him! It's gotta be pretty awesome and surreal to be on Lance's journey right now, I bet it's extra awesome being able to share it with Hardy going through the same thing! Really proud of those 2 young men.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:25 pm

PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by PortlandCat90 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:14 am

Lance got some serious airtime from Colin on Monday - 3:40 mark:

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:27 am

I assume this account belongs to someone on here:

https://twitter.com/Bobcats46/status/15 ... 734f7.html

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:21 pm

Helenabobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Helenabobcat » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:56 pm

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:32 pm