Fall Camp 2022

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by HookedOnGriz » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:24 am

@Cataholic which part is rumor? Maybe you could straighten it out for all of us? It’s been confirmed publicly he is suspended for half the season. Something like that doesn’t happen unless it’s an infraction similar to what I’m talking about. Tomcat himself wrote the article for skyline sports and he’s making a comment above that tons of people use them and most to get by with it unless you make the championship game. I think even you can put 2 and 2 together buddy. I’m a little more worried you guys think something like this is perfectly fine… to move along….nothing to see here.

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:54 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:24 am
@Cataholic which part is rumor? Maybe you could straighten it out for all of us? It’s been confirmed publicly he is suspended for half the season. Something like that doesn’t happen unless it’s an infraction similar to what I’m talking about. Tomcat himself wrote the article for skyline sports and he’s making a comment above that tons of people use them and most to get by with it unless you make the championship game. I think even you can put 2 and 2 together buddy. I’m a little more worried you guys think something like this is perfectly fine… to move along….nothing to see here.
Are you saying the PED thing is a fact and you have evidence? Because without evidence, it's a rumor and time to move along. Nothing to see here

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:59 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
If you think the majority of college players don’t all do the same thing, you’re incredibly naive. And yes, that even includes your Gris.

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:09 am

Can you practice with the team if you’re suspended?

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:15 am

ND0479 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:09 am
Personally, I can't. I'm not suspended, but l'm fat and out of shape. Jk

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:16 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:59 am
HookedOnGriz wrote:
If you think the majority of college players don’t all do the same thing, you’re incredibly naive. And yes, that even includes your Gris.
Weird, I wonder why the bison who have played in a ****** ton of national championships don’t have players suspended every single season then? Maybe not as normal as you make it out to be?

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:23 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:16 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Weird, I wonder why the bison who have played in a ****** ton of national championships don’t have players suspended every single season then? Maybe not as normal as you make it out to be?
Do you have confirmed information that NDSU has not ever had players suspended for this? PED use is from what I have read is not uncommon and also it is controversial. PED substances show up in some otc drugs.
Last edited by bobcatbob on Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:28 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Sure. And prior to the NIL players never got paid. Players gaining 20-30 pounds and increasing athleticism is totally normal to have happen in a 12 month period. Lol. Get real.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:30 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
https://www.inforum.com/ndsu-former-bis ... -drug-test

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:35 am

ND0479 wrote:
Rylan Orrt has been practicing everyday.

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:38 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:30 am
HookedOnGriz wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Hooked is over here trolling trying to make this into some type of issue to try to move the discussion away from Bobby and Robby. FAIL! Time to move on!

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:41 am

bobcatbob wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:35 am
ND0479 wrote:
Rylan Orrt has been practicing everyday.
Yeah, that’s why I’m asking. Never saw he was suspended before the Championship game but maybe I just forgot? I know he’s been practicing…seems like you’d be suspended from team activities.

KCizzle
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by KCizzle » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:49 am

I'm not going to speculate on why a player may be out for half the season, but if you take the time to look at the NCAA consent forms, you can see that it's certainly NOT from testing for PEDs on an NCAA test. That's something the OP probably should've done before making a serious accusation about a kid based on "the word on the street."

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:15 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:28 am
HookedOnGriz wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Sure. And prior to the NIL players never got paid. Players gaining 20-30 pounds and increasing athleticism is totally normal to have happen in a 12 month period. Lol. Get real.
No it's not. Linemen can expect 5-10 lbs per year which is what we have always seen at MSU. There have been a number of lineman who never gained a lbs, at MSU in 4 years. I talked to the strength and conditioning coach at Wisconsin. He said they look for 5-10 a year on their linemen. He said they had one lineman (OL) gain 23 lbs. one year and they had to take it ALL off because he became so slow. Also, when you gain weight the ideal formula is one lbs of fat per lbs of muscle. So 20 lbs becomes 8 lbs of muscle, 8 lbs of fat and 4 lbs of water. And that is under perfect conditions.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:20 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
So they’ve played in like 10 national championship games in the last 12 years and you come up with one, literally just one incident. That’s my point if it was as common as you said and if they only test the teams that get into the title game (per Tomcat) wouldn’t the Bison have 3-4 guys per year suspended?

GeauxCats41
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GeauxCats41 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:36 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:20 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
So they’ve played in like 10 national championship games in the last 12 years and you come up with one, literally just one incident. That’s my point if it was as common as you said and if they only test the teams that get into the title game (per Tomcat) wouldn’t the Bison have 3-4 guys per year suspended?
What’s your end goal here? Troll? Shed light? Coming from a fan base riddled with scandals and vacated games, are you trying to have us stoop or compare? We are not the same. We’re a better program in many ways and it’ll continue to stay that way. I’m not defending PEDs and never will no matter how “normalized” they are. One young man’s misjudgment doesn’t define our Bobcats.

But you go ahead and weaponize a young kids misfortune and mistake to get your claim to fame on BCN. Thanks again for proving why you Gris fans can’t see the forest through the trees.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:42 am

KCizzle wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:49 am
I'm not going to speculate on why a player may be out for half the season, but if you take the time to look at the NCAA consent forms, you can see that it's certainly NOT from testing for PEDs on an NCAA test. That's something the OP probably should've done before making a serious accusation about a kid based on "the word on the street."
You may want to check this then….half the season is exactly the punishment. I remember specifically when JR Nelson for the Griz failed a drug test during the playoffs a few years back for having weed in his system and that was also his punishment (6 games)

18.4.1.4.2 Penalty -- "Street Illicit Drugs." A student-athlete who, as a result of a drug test administered by the NCAA, tests positive for use of a substance in the banned drug class "street illicit drugs" (in accordance with the testing methods authorized by the Board of Governors) shall be charged with the loss of competition during 50 percent of a season in all sports (50 percent of the Bylaw 17 maximum regular-season contests or dates of competition). The student-athlete shall remain ineligible from the time the institution is notified of the test result until the prescribed penalty is fulfilled and he or she tests negative (in accordance with the testing methods authorized by the Board of Governors).

KCizzle
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by KCizzle » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:01 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:42 am
KCizzle wrote:
You may want to check this then….half the season is exactly the punishment. I remember specifically when JR Nelson for the Griz failed a drug test during the playoffs a few years back for having weed in his system and that was also his punishment (6 games)

18.4.1.4.2 Penalty -- "Street Illicit Drugs." A student-athlete who, as a result of a drug test administered by the NCAA, tests positive for use of a substance in the banned drug class "street illicit drugs" (in accordance with the testing methods authorized by the Board of Governors) shall be charged with the loss of competition during 50 percent of a season in all sports (50 percent of the Bylaw 17 maximum regular-season contests or dates of competition). The student-athlete shall remain ineligible from the time the institution is notified of the test result until the prescribed penalty is fulfilled and he or she tests negative (in accordance with the testing methods authorized by the Board of Governors).
Yeah man, like I said, I'm not going to speculate on a kid's absence. But if you're going to throw out PED use, you better make sure you're looking at the correct bylaw for PEDs before you dig your heels in. Hint: You're not.

Maybe just sit back before you make more accusations about 18-23 year olds.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:17 am

KCizzle wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:01 am
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:42 am
KCizzle wrote:

Yeah man, like I said, I'm not going to speculate on a kid's absence. But if you're going to throw out PED use, you better make sure you're looking at the correct bylaw for PEDs before you dig your heels in. Hint: You're not.

Maybe just sit back before you make more accusations about 18-23 year olds.
This is exactly correct! This exactly why I consider Hooked a total piece of garbage. To come and make accusations against a young college kid based on rumors is ridiculous. KMAX needs to ban such posters. If Rylan was my kid, I would get Hooked’s real name from KMAX and sue him.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:24 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:20 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
So now NDSU has won national championships because they do steroids…. :lol: :lol: :lol: Total loser post. Go back to egris. If I remember correctly, you spell it with an S.