Fall Camp 2022

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:50 am

First team OL continues to be:

Rush - LT
JT - LG
Justus - C
Marcus - RG

RT is a battle but Titan Fleischmann is getting 1 reps already. His physical transformation is noticeable.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:54 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:50 am

Rush - LT
JT - LG
Justus - C
Marcus - RG

RT is a battle but Titan Fleischmann is getting 1 reps already. His physical transformation is noticeable.
Thanks for the update - good for Marcus to holding down that RG spot.

Anyone else sticking out to anyone?

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:14 pm

VimSince03 wrote:

Rush - LT
JT - LG
Justus - C
Marcus - RG

Battling who?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:17 pm

catatac wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:14 pm
VimSince03 wrote:

Rush - LT
JT - LG
Justus - C
Marcus - RG

Battling who?
I’d imagine Jacob Kettles - tons of potential but injuries have slowed him down. Wonder if Kettles or Fleischmann move to a guard spot if they don’t win RT???

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:01 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:17 pm
catatac wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Rush - LT
JT - LG
Justus - C
Marcus - RG

Battling who?
I’d imagine Jacob Kettles - tons of potential but injuries have slowed him down. Wonder if Kettles or Fleischmann move to a guard spot if they don’t win RT???
Kettels and Fleischmann yes. Jacob has battled injuries since high school but now is the time to take his shot.

As far as the guards are concerned, fans need to get used to JT at LG and Marcus at RG. They have solidified those spots since the spring with the only real competition coming from Cole Sain who should be part of the rotation this season regardless.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:16 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:01 pm
Bozcat003 wrote:
catatac wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Rush - LT
JT - LG
Justus - C
Marcus - RG

Battling who?
Kettels and Fleischmann yes. Jacob has battled injuries since high school but now is the time to take his shot.

As far as the guards are concerned, fans need to get used to JT at LG and Marcus at RG. They have solidified those spots since the spring with the only real competition coming from Cole Sain who should be part of the rotation this season regardless.
Wait! Did you say OL rotation? Best have a discussion with Tom... :lol:

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:45 pm

Our wide receiver room is certainly something to chat about. There will be a lot of people saying, "Who is that?" I anticipate a step forward in the passing game this year, especially for Mellot. If that is true, watch out, we could have an offense that can stretch the field both vertically and horizontally.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:06 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:16 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
catatac wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Rush - LT
JT - LG
Justus - C
Marcus - RG

Battling who?

🤣🤣🤣
Hardy-har-har!! I don’t think he means what you think he means, but I’ll let Vim explain what means by rotation.

Typically a team keeps one, occasionally two, lineman ready. One for C and G. One for the T spots. Often there’s just one and if, for instance he’s a G/C, then a G or C moves to another spot. I know of no football at any level that regularly rotates OL. Chemistry and cohesiveness are too easy to lose if they don’t stick with the starters.

I thought this was common knowledge. Does anyone know of a team that rotates OL during a drive or from one drive to the next? I sure don’t, but am open to being shown where I’m wrong. I was told that NDSU does this, but NDSU does not.

putting a different OL in because someone is hurt or because you have a big lead doesn’t constitute rotating OL.

I’ve never heard a coach talk about having a rotation of players along the OL. I’ve heard them say they have a utility backup or a backup tackle and G/C.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:14 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:06 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
catatac wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Rush - LT
JT - LG
Justus - C
Marcus - RG

Battling who?

🤣🤣🤣
Hardy-har-har!! I don’t think he means what you think he means, but I’ll let Vim explain what means by rotation.

Typically a team keeps one, occasionally two, lineman ready. One for C and G. One for the T spots. Often there’s just one and if, for instance he’s a G/C, then a G or C moves to another spot. I know of no football at any level that regularly rotates OL. Chemistry and cohesiveness are too easy to lose if they don’t stick with the starters.

I thought this was common knowledge. Does anyone know of a team that rotates OL during a drive or from one drive to the next? I sure don’t, but am open to being shown where I’m wrong. I was told that NDSU does this, but NDSU does not.

putting a different OL in because someone is hurt or because you have a big lead doesn’t constitute rotating OL.

I’ve never heard a coach talk about having a rotation of players along the OL. I’ve heard them say they have a utility backup or a backup tackle and G/C.
One:
https://www-patspulpit-com.cdn.ampproje ... g-the-game

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:15 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
catatac wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Rush - LT
JT - LG
Justus - C
Marcus - RG

Battling who?

🤣🤣🤣

Yeah so in my view you like to have swing tackles which are basically backups who can sub in at either tackle spot in a pinch. Guards are more of the same as Sain worked at both left and right guard last year when Redd was struggling or Rio was hurt. However, I'm completely against any rotation at center and rarely do we see it.

When I say rotation, I mean the line will have backups at guard and tackle who are as close to starters as you can get. When one of the guards or right tackle struggle, you're likely going to see a rotation to find the best 5. There won't necessarily be a settled Top 5 until halfway through the season. Its a young group and we won't know how they do until live bullets start flying. If I had to guess, we'll see at least 7 lineman play in the first 5 games...possibly 8. I think Rush and Justus are settled but those other three spots will be in a constant competition.
Last edited by VimSince03 on Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:15 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:14 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
catatac wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Rush - LT
JT - LG
Justus - C
Marcus - RG

Battling who?

🤣🤣🤣

One:
Two:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/ ... 921949002/

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:18 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:15 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
catatac wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Rush - LT
JT - LG
Justus - C
Marcus - RG

Battling who?

🤣🤣🤣

One:
Two:

Three:

https://www.thelantern.com/2019/08/foot ... n-in-2019/

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:19 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:18 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
catatac wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Rush - LT
JT - LG
Justus - C
Marcus - RG

Battling who?

🤣🤣🤣

One:
Two:

Three:

Four:

https://www-si-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v ... e-rotation

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:24 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:19 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
catatac wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Rush - LT
JT - LG
Justus - C
Marcus - RG

Battling who?

🤣🤣🤣

One:
Two:

Three:

Four:

Five:

https://cdispatch.com/sports/2018-12-31 ... dogs-well/

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:27 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:32 pm
bobcatbob wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:21 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:00 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:59 pm
Team10 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:26 pm
Eric Zambrano has left the team for personal reasons per Victor Flores

https://twitter.com/VictorFlores406/sta ... XufRiUIyQA
Colter mentioned something about a death in the family, I think.
How significant is this to the secondary?
We have good depth in the secondary. It has looked really impressive the first two days of camp. Even some of the new freshman DBs.
True Corners
Simeon Woodard - Sp.
Tyrel Thomas - Sr.
James Campbell - Sr.
Dru Polidore - Rfr.
Miles Jackson - So.
Devin Davis - Rfr.
Jackson Harmon - Rfr.
Takhari Carr - Tfr.

Nickel
Ty Okada - Sr.
Level Price - Jr.
Connor Ryan - So.

Safety
Jeffrey Manning - Sr.
Rylan Ortt - So.
Rhedi Short - Sr.
Kendric Bailey - Jr.
Tyson Pottenger - Rfr.
Eli Aby - Rfr.
Jake D'Agostino - Rfr.
Michael Armstrong - Tfr.
Caden Dowler - Tfr.
Max Kimball - Tfr.
Kade Cutler - Tfr.

So we have a pile of young safeties but a lot of those kids are going to be flexible in that nickel spot. I listed Rylan at safety but if Ty were to go down, Rylan would likely be the next man up at nickel like he was against SDSU. Our six deep at corner is solid despite losing Zambrano and I would be Takhari Carr is going to push for time. Anyway, we have a lot of bodies.
I just want to congratulate Tyrel Thomas, James Campbell and Ty Okada for sticking with the program and being a huge part of keeping it on an awesome trajectory these past few years!!
💙 💛 😺

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:29 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:24 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
catatac wrote:

Battling who?

🤣🤣🤣

One:
Two:

Three:

Four:

Five:

Okay.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:31 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:23 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:31 am
I’m a little bit conflicted about the DE position.

I’m super high on Grebe and I think Alston and Seymour are intriguing. Alston especially seems to have a great ceiling. But I don’t know about the depth behind those three and it seems like as a group they could struggle to set the edge.

Anyone have any insight on that? Would Valdez perhaps play some outside, given the depth on the interior?
Regimbal (sp?) has been around for few years. He’ll be just fine at DE too
If he can ever stay healthy. Tough to think he will at this point.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:01 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:29 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:24 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

🤣🤣🤣

One:
Two:

Three:

Four:

Five:

Okay.
I'm going to dig this really old one up because you know who the Offensive Coordinator was at the time. He took that mindset with him to Laramie from Fargo and one of the reasons NDSU wears everybody down by the end of the third quarter and then just rams it down whoever they're playing. Fresh, healthy kids.

https://www.wyomingnews.com/wyosports/u ... bc1fa.html

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:59 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:45 pm
Our wide receiver room is certainly something to chat about. There will be a lot of people saying, "Who is that?" I anticipate a step forward in the passing game this year, especially for Mellot. If that is true, watch out, we could have an offense that can stretch the field both vertically and horizontally.
Agreed…mainly because we have like 3 receivers from last year’s roster and the passing game is going to be a step up from last year.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:45 pm

ND0479 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:59 pm
Common Cat wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:45 pm
Agreed…mainly because we have like 3 receivers from last year’s roster and the passing game is going to be a step up from last year.
Mellott.

toM StUber