Wrong forum but... rodeo grounds acquisition

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
Member # Retired

Wrong forum but... rodeo grounds acquisition

Post by lutecat » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:38 pm

Leon sent an email if you didn't get it. They are only a little over a mill away from being able to buy grounds for our rodeo team that rides in on the field and we all go crazy for. So it kind of fits being in the football forum.....lol

I'm sure there's a post on the athletics website.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Wrong forum but... rodeo grounds acquisition

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:54 pm

I donated a few hours ago. That’s a pretty tight timeline to come up with that kind of money, so I’m guessing they must have a big donor in the wings or the university is going to pony up some big cash.

Go here to give. Click on ‘Athletics” Then scroll down to the Bobcat Rodeo practice facility link.

https://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/form-cart. ... &pgid=1356

Here is the letter.

Rodeo is a uniquely Western tradition, born from the frontier ranching skills of roping, breaking horses and catching cattle on the open range.

It’s time to preserve rodeo’s legacy—and ensure its future—with a permanent home for Montana State Rodeo.

MSU rodeo is one of the great, storied programs in the history of the National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association. MSU Rodeo teams have claimed nine national team titles, 34 individual national championships and a multitude of Big Sky Regional crowns.

You can now spur the acquisition of a turnkey facility, the VL Arena in Belgrade, as the home for the Bobcat Rodeo Grounds.

Practice time, on-site boarding and year-round access translate to success in the arena. And adequate facilities are imperative for top student-athlete recruitment and retention, which is foundational to the program’s future.

You can help turn this dream into reality — a place to call home for the Montana State Rodeo. We are $1.575M away from the $5.495M project goal.

Time is of the essence. MSU must have all funding by August 1, or this promising vision will slip away.

Please make a gift today to secure a vibrant future for our National Championship Rodeo program and uphold a beloved hallmark of our Western heritage.

With sincere appreciation,

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FYI » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:33 am

I'm in!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:39 am

Thanks for posting this. Would be great for the Rodeo team but have to agree this seems really tight on the turnaround to be asking for that kind of scratch. Sure hope they are able to get this together for them and make this a reality!

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:49 pm

Donated.

Glad it was posted here. This football team has a nationally recognized run-out and the coolest thing I've seen at Bobcat Stadium. Those horses give me chills.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:22 am

Has anyone heard any updates on this project?

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:56 pm

Sounds like they will close on the VL Arena on the 19th of August.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:24 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:56 pm
Sounds like they will close on the VL Arena on the 19th of August.
That is AWESOME news. Thanks for the update.